Sykes Enterprises Reviews

On average, employees at Sykes Enterprises give their company a 3.8 rating out of 5.0 - which is equal to the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Sykes Enterprises employees are Customer Service Representatives submitting an average rating of 3.9. Browse Sykes Enterprises Reviews by Job Title →

(based on 33 Sykes Enterprises Review Ratings)
Company Culture 3.6
Way You Work 4.2
Work Setting 3.8

40 Sykes Enterprises Company Reviews and Ratings

Posted 2 months ago in Tampa, FL

"It was a great starter job. But not something I could personally see myself doing for the rest of my life."

Customer Service Representative
Posted 6 months ago in Langhorne, PA

"I started at Sykes in 2009 as a Health Care Customer Service Rep and moved up the ladder in four positions. I have proven to be a great employee and coworker. Once my company decided to out source, I was given the opportunity to go back to school. I have recently completed nine months of school for Medical Billing and Coding."

Sykes Enterprises (40)

4.7 Highest Rated in this Industry is iCore Networks (6)
2.0 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Wave2Wave Communications (8)
Posted 6 months ago in Denver, CO

"You get to work at home! Paid training is minimum wage. Once you get into production, you get paid the said hourly wage when you applied. It can be quite stressful when customers are upset. You need to suck it up and make sure the call ends with the customer happy. Pay feels low compared to the amount of work put. Occasionally, tools in the system stop working. It frustrates both you and the customer.Upper management is great. Company is great. Just not happy with the pay."

Inbound Sales Agent
Posted 6 months ago in Lakeland, FL

"I have been employed with Sykes for over a year at their Lakeland II locale. In that time I have been moved to over 4 different teams. Only until my most recent team change have I seen any semblance of improvement and growth. I am very please to be on my current team but, I still strive to be a part of a more creative role as is my greatest desire. I am a skilled and talented artist with amazing attention to detail and wish to bring this to my employer, whomever they may be."

Average Sykes Enterprises Ratings in the Past 2 Years

Posted 7 months ago in Langhorne, PA

"Long hours, lots of drama in the workplace, no incentives."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
CSE Cisco TAC
Posted 8 months ago in Tampa, FL

"It is a good workplace, as long as you do not stay for too long. There is a lot of personnel rotation for that same reason.Cisco TAC makes up for the highest you could rank up among the company."

Posted 8 months ago in Tampa, FL

"Sykes is a very large corporation. They are worldwide and employ thousands of employees."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Business Intelligence Engineer
Posted 10 months ago in Cairo, GA

"I have been working for Sykes as Data Integration Specialist for developing ETL using SSIS and as Report Developer using SSRS and Report Builder 2 for about 3 years."

Business Intelligence Engineer
Posted 10 months ago in Cairo, GA

"I have been working for Sykes for almost 3 years and I am so happy and satisfied where I am. I can find the unstoppable support when needed on both levels personal and technical. I have been through so many challenges and they are keeping count."

Risk Manager
Posted this month in Tampa, FL

"The experience was worth the two years spent at the company."

What do you like about working at Sykes Enterprises?

"Working at the company was a real pleasure, I would recommend it to anyone."

"Be yourself, understand there is always more to a request than is apparent."

What don't you like about working at Sykes Enterprises?

"Support from certain associates was limited and overlooked. Learn to manage leadership more closely."

"Continue to grow leadership with a depth of experience and trust."

Customer Service Representative
Posted 2 years ago in Minot, ND

What do you like about working at Sykes Enterprises?

"The atmosphere was very conducive to work, it was quiet, with other people with the same goals working together. If you could not find an answer, many times team members would assist you, it made the work much more efficient."

"Hard work should not go unnoticed, the character of a company is best illustrated by the strength of its individual employees. If you feel that you deserve a position and will commit yourself to excellence, then optimism is your ticket."

What don't you like about working at Sykes Enterprises?

"The work was difficult at times but not challenging enough to be more rewarded with higher pay. If a challenge is more rewarding than I welcome it."

"None, the organization had geared the building to run as a highly efficient, well oiled machine. I would suggest more incentive to promote employee morale."

English Specialist
Posted 2 years ago

"It was a great experience and a great place where to work"

What do you like about working at Sykes Enterprises?

"Everything, the environment, my co-workers, my supervisor, my boss, everything"

What don't you like about working at Sykes Enterprises?

"Salary raised was not that good and I felt that we were underpaid"

"To pay a bit more, s people wont go to the competition"

HRIS Analyst
Posted 2 years ago in Tampa, FL

"My supervisor is helpful, but my workload is paralyzing. No training. Politics."

What do you like about working at Sykes Enterprises?

"Attempts are made to create a corporate culture. The office itself is nice. Most of my co-workers are sharp, hardworking and supportive. My supervisor is helpful and honest (which is not always the case at Sykes)."

"Negotiate your salary up front as hard as possible (annual increases are usually only 1-2% unless you're in sales). Ask exactly what projects (and acquisitions) are in progress and coming up. What will your role be in those Get a feel for how flexible your potential manager is. The direction of the company, departments and projects changes frequently and sometimes drastically. If you have a hard time coping with change, a Corporate job at Sykes is NOT for you. If you are flexible & have a thick skin, you'll do well."

What don't you like about working at Sykes Enterprises?

"The politics are absolutely paralyzing. Departments intentionally undermine other departments. Backstabbing & favoritism are so common it's hardly noticed. Projects are regularly stalled or stopped completely because of these issues. Budgetary constraints mean everyone's workload is unmanageable (almost always night & weekend work) and there is no option for hiring more resources. Training and opportunities for advancement are almost nonexistent. Annual merit review is 1-2%."

"Drop the politics for just ONE day. Think about what's best for the company as a whole - CEO down to call center agents. What's best for everyone For your department For other departments How can you work towards these greater goals - not just steering towards getting what you YOU want -- This is a very big & very real issue. Also: INVEST IN YOUR EMPLOYEES. Attrition (turnover) is incredibly high. Train your people, give them raises, then watch them work hard for you and be loyal."

HRIS Analyst

What do you like about working at Sykes Enterprises?

"My supervisor, unlike many others, is supportive and forward thinking."

"Many departments are more high-functioning than others. Dig to find out how realistic things like training and advancement are, and what kind of timelines. Negotiate your salary as hard as possible up front - annual merit increases right now are MAYBE 2%. There are always a lot of projects in the air & acquisitions - ask exactly what they see your role as being."

What don't you like about working at Sykes Enterprises?

"Unreasonable workload across the board, and no budgetary ability to bring on more resources. Turnover is high. Sykes years are like dog years - if you've been here 2 years it's like 6 at another company."

"SQUELCH THE PARALYZING POLITICS, RED TAPE, SECRET ALLIANCES AND BACKSTABBING. These occur top down. It is expected that projects are always delayed and/or grind to a halt entirely. NOT PRODUCTIVE."

Senior Global Treasury Manager
Posted 2 years ago in Tampa, FL

"No training or opportunity for growth"

What do you like about working at Sykes Enterprises?

"Good opportunity to learn international finance and foreign exchange concepts"

"Ask about cross training, plans to prepare you for future promotions."

What don't you like about working at Sykes Enterprises?

"No growth opportunities, helath insurance did not provide good coverage"

"Improve culture of company with training, communication and more growth opportunity."