Subway Reviews

On average, employees at Subway give their company a 3.7 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Subway employees are Cashiers submitting an average rating of 4.9 and Managers with a rating of 4.3. Browse Subway Reviews by Job Title →

(based on 58 Subway Review Ratings)
Company Culture 3.5
Way You Work 4.1
Work Setting 3.7

85 Subway Company Reviews and Ratings

3.8Posted 7 months ago in Neillsville, WI
"I worked at Subway for 6 years. The people I worked with, the people I helped and the experience I gained were invaluable and helped mold me into the person I am today."
Posted 2 months ago in Southport, NC

"There is little to no training (less than 1 hour). Compensation is right at minimum wage. High turnover and little supervision, where most of your employees are high school children. Being someone's first job ever you can't expect them to know everything within a few days. Give children the tools to succeed not break them down!"

Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Company Culture 1 / 5 Person You Work For 3 / 5
People You Work With 3 / 5 Support You Get 1 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 Way You Work 3 / 5
Posted 3 months ago

"When I first started, I LOVED my job. My boss always told me how good of a job I did, I even got promoted very quickly. After one of the girls became assistant manager, everything changed. I continued my hard work but no matter what, I would get written up. Over little things (forgot to sweep behind trash can). My hours also went for 25ish a week to 10 a week after the assistant manager was promoted."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
People You Work With 2 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5
Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5

Subway (85)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Round Table Pizza (10)
3.0 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Levy Restaurants (14)
Manager
Posted 3 months ago in Ukiah, CA

"Subway has over 50,000 Restaurants worldwide with a great system in place especially when it comes to marketing their product. They invest in their franchisees to be successful in order to be a successful company overall. I had a great experience talking to employees and customers on regular liason acting as a liason between Subway and Customers."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5
Work Setting 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5
Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5
Posted 3 months ago in Milford, CT

"When working at Subway headquarters it had its pros and cons and I recommend to deeply reconsider working here if there are other options."

Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Work Setting 2 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5 Company Culture 1 / 5
Way You Work 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5

Average Subway Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Posted 5 months ago in Hoffman Estates, IL

"It's not the supervisor or the owner that's to be reviewed. It's actually the brand itself, Subway corporate are filled with people that don't really care about their franchisees, bleed money out of franchisees pockets and don't address franchisee concerns. Owning a franchise is stressful due to landlord issues, maintenance costs, rising food and labor costs, and utilities cost. It's hard to make money and there's no way out if you want to shut the franchise down, corporate won't let you."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5
Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5
Work Setting 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Posted 5 months ago in Santa Ana, CA

"I have worked for Subway for more than two years, I believe it is a good place to start out and gain experience."

People You Work With 5 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5
Person You Work For 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Way You Work 4 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5
Posted 6 months ago in Lathrop, CA

"I enjoyed working here. The customers were usually friendly, but there will be the one customer who would ruin your day. They did not come that often though. I enjoyed working with people and the staff is always helpful."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5

Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Way You Work 3 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
Posted 7 months ago in Arlington, VA

"Terrible hours especially for a high school student. On a school night, I am expected to stay until the entire restaurant is clean and I have to do this all by myself. Most nights I do not leave until after 11 pm and only have off one or two days per week. When I first started, I loved the job, however, now that I have become more experienced I am scheduled to work all the time and the one or two days I have off, I am usually called in to work for someone else."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Company Culture 2 / 5 Way You Work 2 / 5
Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Person You Work For 2 / 5
Work Setting 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5
Posted 8 months ago in Upland, CA

"I have experience working at Subway as a Sandwich Artist and I had a great experience working there because the company made sure deliveries were made on time to ensure having enough food for us workers to serve the customers. The work environment was very clean and regulated. We followed regulations that helped make the work environment very friendly and organized. The workers were great and we never had any problems working along each other's side as a team."

Way You Work 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5
Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Person You Work For 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5
Posted 9 months ago in Sacramento, CA

"This working environment is good for a student, not for someone who wants to advance their career."

People You Work With 5 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5
Company Culture 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
Work Setting 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Posted 10 months ago in San Diego, CA

"Great place to work, but low amount of ability to move up in the industry."

Work Setting 5 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
People You Work With 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5
Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
Shift Supervisor
Posted 11 months ago in Davie, FL

"To be completely honest, the store that I work at has switched management three times in the two years I have worked there. Each time the management treats employees as if we do not have common sense and belittles us at all times. I love my coworkers and my store manager but the work is extremely redundant and there is no chance for growth. It is virtually impossible to make even close to a livable wage."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Person You Work For 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5
Way You Work 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Posted this month in Chula Vista, CA

"Fast paced job, great first job. Awesome co-workers, picky customers. Overall great experience."

People You Work With 2.7 / 5 Company Culture 2.7 / 5 Way You Work 2.7 / 5
Work Setting 2.7 / 5 Support You Get 2.7 / 5 Person You Work For 2.7 / 5
Growth Opportunities 2.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2.7 / 5
Posted this month in Bridgeport, WV

"I worked for Subway during the summers of 2010 up until the summer of 2012. I would show great worth ethic and was rewarded with a raise due to that. Other than little things with the management itself it was not a bad summer job. I would definitely not want to be there for a career though."

Work Setting 3.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.3 / 5 Person You Work For 3.3 / 5