Subway Reviews

On average, employees at Subway give their company a 3.7 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Subway employees are Cashiers submitting an average rating of 4.9 and Managers with a rating of 4.3. Browse Subway Reviews by Job Title →

(based on 61 Subway Review Ratings)
Company Culture 3.4
Support You Get 3.8
Way You Work 4.2
Work Setting 3.7
Posted 8 months ago in Neillsville, WI

"I worked at Subway for 6 years. The people I worked with, the people I helped and the experience I gained were invaluable and helped mold me into the person I am today."

88 Subway Company Reviews and Ratings

Posted yesterday in Barstow, CA

"I've worked for subway for six years. It is a good company and has room to climb up the corporate ladder if you have what it takes."

Posted last week in Elliston, VA

"I worked at Subway for a few months, As far as the store itself it was a less than happy experience but, working there in itself, having a job where I was able to service people with food or anything for that matter was amazing."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5

Subway (88)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Round Table Pizza (10)
2.9 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Alchemy Communications (10)
Posted this month in Dundee, MI

"Working here was like reliving high school all over again. Rumors and drama. The job itself was easy and I loved working with customers, but management is a different story."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Posted 3 months ago in Southport, NC

"There is little to no training (less than 1 hour). Compensation is right at minimum wage. High turnover and little supervision, where most of your employees are high school children. Being someone's first job ever you can't expect them to know everything within a few days. Give children the tools to succeed not break them down!"

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5

Average Subway Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Posted 4 months ago

"When I first started, I LOVED my job. My boss always told me how good of a job I did, I even got promoted very quickly. After one of the girls became assistant manager, everything changed. I continued my hard work but no matter what, I would get written up. Over little things (forgot to sweep behind trash can). My hours also went for 25ish a week to 10 a week after the assistant manager was promoted."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Manager
Posted 4 months ago in Ukiah, CA

"Subway has over 50,000 Restaurants worldwide with a great system in place especially when it comes to marketing their product. They invest in their franchisees to be successful in order to be a successful company overall. I had a great experience talking to employees and customers on regular liason acting as a liason between Subway and Customers."

Posted 4 months ago in Milford, CT

"When working at Subway headquarters it had its pros and cons and I recommend to deeply reconsider working here if there are other options."

Posted 6 months ago in Hoffman Estates, IL

"It's not the supervisor or the owner that's to be reviewed. It's actually the brand itself, Subway corporate are filled with people that don't really care about their franchisees, bleed money out of franchisees pockets and don't address franchisee concerns. Owning a franchise is stressful due to landlord issues, maintenance costs, rising food and labor costs, and utilities cost. It's hard to make money and there's no way out if you want to shut the franchise down, corporate won't let you."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Posted 6 months ago in Santa Ana, CA

"I have worked for Subway for more than two years, I believe it is a good place to start out and gain experience."

Posted 7 months ago in Lathrop, CA

"I enjoyed working here. The customers were usually friendly, but there will be the one customer who would ruin your day. They did not come that often though. I enjoyed working with people and the staff is always helpful."

Shift Leader
Posted 8 months ago in Neillsville, WI

Posted 8 months ago in Arlington, VA

"Terrible hours especially for a high school student. On a school night, I am expected to stay until the entire restaurant is clean and I have to do this all by myself. Most nights I do not leave until after 11 pm and only have off one or two days per week. When I first started, I loved the job, however, now that I have become more experienced I am scheduled to work all the time and the one or two days I have off, I am usually called in to work for someone else."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Posted 9 months ago in Upland, CA

"I have experience working at Subway as a Sandwich Artist and I had a great experience working there because the company made sure deliveries were made on time to ensure having enough food for us workers to serve the customers. The work environment was very clean and regulated. We followed regulations that helped make the work environment very friendly and organized. The workers were great and we never had any problems working along each other's side as a team."

Posted 10 months ago in Sacramento, CA

"This working environment is good for a student, not for someone who wants to advance their career."

Posted 11 months ago in San Diego, CA

"Great place to work, but low amount of ability to move up in the industry."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5