Staples
3.4 (237)
Industry: General Merchandise Stores - HQ: Framingham, MA

Staples General Manager Reviews

While the average rating for Staples is 3.4 out of 5.0, General Managers at Staples give their company a 3.8, making them 11% happier than every other employee at Staples and 3% less happy than every other General Manager on CareerBliss - the happiest General Managers work for KFC.

(based on 3 General Manager Review Ratings)
Staples JobsView All »

6 General Manager Staples Reviews and Ratings

Posted 5 months ago in Ladera Ranch, CA

"I've worked for Staples since 2005, when starting with the company I was a cashier. After 1 yr I looked for advancement opportunities which was when I got into selling. For 3 yrs I was the top salesperson, which was when I got into the Manager Program. After 1 1/2 yrs I was promoted to Sales Manager after driving sales and growing our tech business for 2 yrs I was backed by my district manager to get into the General Manager Program within 5 months of entering the program I was promoted."

Growth Opportunities 5 Work Setting 5 Support You Get 3
Rewards You Receive 4 Person You Work For 5 Way You Work 5
People You Work With 5 Company Culture 5
Posted 6 months ago in Ladera Ranch, CA

"I've worked for Staples for the last eight years. In that time I moved from being a part time associate to General Manager. When it comes to work I am extremely motivated and will work as hard as I need to, to get the job accomplished. As far as sales I was the top sales person in my district for three years in a row."

Person You Work For 5 Work Setting 5 Growth Opportunities 5
Way You Work 5 Company Culture 4 People You Work With 5
Support You Get 4 Rewards You Receive 5

Average Staples Attributes by General Manager

4.7
Posted last year in Birmingham, AL

What do you like about working at Staples?

"The people I work with. The product selection. Our customer base is in general very good to work with."

"Don't wast your time until the company makes some changes attatthe DM & RVP levels...someone is going to have to grow a pair and stand up for the great people that work very hard day in and day out in the stores."

What don't you like about working at Staples?

"Senior management. This company is bleeding managers and if the economy was better, I think there would be an exodus of talent. There needs to be a culture shift to where the stores determine the day to day and not corporate."

"See paragraph above and learn to focus on the big profitable business areas. We are really focused on a 90dollar on site each week...out of a $100k sales week...come on, get real."

Support You Get 2 Person You Work For 1 Rewards You Receive 3
Work Setting 2 People You Work With 4 Growth Opportunities 2
Way You Work 2 Company Culture 1
Posted 4 years ago

"Store Manager for 11 years with no growth opportunties."

What do you like about working at Staples?

"Good business model. I liked both the consumer electronics end of the business and the office supplies side."

"Company is headed in the wrong direction."

What don't you like about working at Staples?

"They are trying to be something they are not as it relates to the consumer electronics part of the business. Setting goals way too high and not providing the right compensation to sales people or payroll to offset customer demand."

"Invest in the correct payroll based on business needs and customer count. Expectations are to provide outstanding customer service but with low payroll."

Posted 4 years ago in Fontana, CA

"Challenging, Rewarding, Stressfull"

What do you like about working at Staples?

"Customers, hours, pay, competition."

"Do your job and try to avoid the Sr. V.P."

"Sr. Vice President."

"Retire the Senior Vice President!"

Posted 4 years ago in Bedford, NH

"Fare"

"Being able to grow"

"Undertsand this is retail and the management expects results even in the down turn economy"

"Hours"

"Liten more to the employees"