Pfizer Reviews Browse Pfizer Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at Pfizer give their company a 4.2 rating out of 5.0 - which is 10% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Pfizer employees are Pharmaceutical Sales Representatives submitting an average rating of 4.8 and Professional Healthcare Representatives with a rating of 4.6.

(based on 136 Pfizer Review Ratings)
Company Culture 4.0
Growth Opportunities 3.7
People You Work With 4.4
Person You Work For 4.2
Rewards You Receive 4.2
Support You Get 4.2
Way You Work 4.3
Work Setting 4.3
"It was a privilege to work at Pfizer. I like the idea that I was working toward improving the health of mankind. I had intelligent, kind co-workers."
Posted 4 months ago in Chesterfield, MO

244 Pfizer Company Reviews and Ratings Browse Pfizer Reviews by Job Title →

Posted 2 months ago in Washington, DC

"Great company culture, Great products & Great opportunities!!!"

Posted 2 months ago in Madison, NJ

"Workplace is comfortable and nice, colleagues are helpful and nice."

Pfizer (244)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Revlon (7)
3.0 Lowest Rated in this Industry is NHK Laboratories (6)
Posted 3 months ago in Andover, MA

"Diverse company with many opportunities."

Posted 3 months ago in New York City, NY

"Good company to work for with opportunity for growth and development in specific fields. Pay is average and technical skill development can be limited based on the role."

Average Pfizer Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Posted 3 months ago in New York City, NY

"Good company. World wide leader."

Technical Writing Consultant
Posted 4 months ago in Chesterfield, MO

Posted 8 months ago in Beacon, NY

"It is a great place to work."

Co-op Engineer
Posted 8 months ago in Andover, MA

"Best company for experience before you go to college."

Computer Technician
Posted 9 months ago

"I've enjoyed the work. The people here have been good to work with. I wouldn't mind staying here!"

Vaccine Operator
Posted this month in Pearl River, NY

"I've worked for Pfizer from 2008 to 2012. I've found that there are many benefits aside from the pay and medical services such as events, networking, and a union that gives you a heads up on whats going on. In Pearl River we were at one of the largest sites so they were looking to get rid of the site unfortunately."

Posted last year in Cambridge, MA

"Great environment to work in."

Controls Engineer
Posted last year in Sanford, NC

"I've worked for Pfizer (formerly Wyeth) for 20 years and it is a great place to work. Everyone treats you with respect, and the environment gives you plenty of opportunities to grow and become more diversified in your skill base."

Software Development Intern
Posted last year in Groton, CT

"Great company, as an intern, they throw you in and hopefully you will survive and learn a great deal."

Senior Project Manager
Posted 2 years ago in Collegeville, PA

"I would welcome the opportunity to work there again due to the nature of work."

What do you like about working at Pfizer?

"I liked the good compensation, nice campus, and nice area of PA to work in."

"Err on the side of conservative dress. Focus on your experience in life sciences and technology."

What don't you like about working at Pfizer?

"I disliked the distance from home. On-boarding should have been more role-based. Management disconnected from actual work being performed."

"Allow consultants more flexibility in managing projects. Become more familiar with your consultants."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Professional
Posted 2 years ago

"Innovation and empowerment have been replaced with control and fear."

What do you like about working at Pfizer?

"Pfizer offers great salary and benefits to its employees. This includes a top-notch severance package, which is reassuring because there have been layoffs every year since 2005. I have been in field sales for 18 years. The vast majority of first-level managers I have met are helpful and encouraging, genuinely committed to the success of the individuals on their teams. Contrary to a few other posts, I believe executive leadership is trying to take the company in an appropriate direction. The current CEO (Read) and his leadership team seem to understand the cultural issues that keep Pfizer from being the great place to work it once was, and they appear to be intent on correcting those issues."

"I would recommend looking elsewhere right now. Pfizer might offer a recent college graduate some useful experience to apply in another setting, but it would not be a good place to learn leadership skills or gain independence. Because we have been going through layoffs nearly every year, the areas hardest hit are those with the fewest open territories. I would definitely ask what the number of vacant but funded positions are in the district/team you would be a part of. Those teams with a lot of vacant positions generally do not have to lay off as many colleagues as those who are at full staffing."

What don't you like about working at Pfizer?

"Unfortunately, the previous two CEOs have ruined the culture within Pfizer. What had once been a culture of innovation, empowerment, and development is gone. Most middle managers have been trained by previous senior leaders to hoard power and decision-making. Pfizer has become insular and dictatorial. There is little to no latitude for innovative thought at the level of execution of work. To sum it up, a middle manager recently told a group of us (regarding local selling strategies), very bright people have created these strategies and tactics. We do not want you to come up with your own. What we expect is flawless execution of the plans we present to you. In other words, do what we tell you to do and say what we tell you to say when, how often, and to whom we tell you."

"While our industry is more regulated and scrutinized than ever, if we expect to retain the most capable colleagues, we must restore our focus on innovation and ownership at ALL levels. There is significant variance in how the OWN-IT meme is interpreted by managers. The core of our value to our customers is built on innovation, not just in product development, but in business execution as well. Leadership differs from management in that leaders innovate, delegate, and inspire, while managers control and measure. To become successful again, we must create leaders at all levels, not managers. Decision making at the level where work is done is not allowed currently. This must change."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5