Pfizer Reviews

On average, employees at Pfizer give their company a 4.2 rating out of 5.0 - which is 10% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Pfizer employees are Pharmaceutical Sales Representatives submitting an average rating of 4.8 and Professional Healthcare Representatives with a rating of 4.6. Browse Pfizer Reviews by Job Title →

(based on 128 Pfizer Review Ratings)
Company Culture 4.0

Pfizer Jobs

234 Pfizer Company Reviews and Ratings

Anonymous Employee
Posted 2 months ago in Beacon, NY

"It is a great place to work."

People You Work With 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
Way You Work 5 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Company Culture 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5
Co-op Engineer
Posted 2 months ago in Andover, MA

"Best company for experience before you go to college."

Growth Opportunities 4 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
People You Work With 4 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Way You Work 3 / 5

Pfizer (234)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Revlon (7)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is PolyOne (8)
Computer Technician
Posted 3 months ago

"I've enjoyed the work. The people here have been good to work with. I wouldn't mind staying here awhile at all."

Way You Work 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
Person You Work For 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Vaccine Operator
Posted 6 months ago in Pearl River, NY

"I've worked for Pfizer from 2008 to 2012. I've found that there are many benefits aside from the pay and medical services such as events, networking, and a union that gives you a heads up on whats going on. In Pearl River we were at one of the largest sites so they were looking to get rid of the site unfortunately."

Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5
Company Culture 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Person You Work For 4 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5

Average Pfizer Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Anonymous Employee
Posted 7 months ago in Cambridge, MA

"Great environment to work in."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
People You Work With 4 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Way You Work 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5
Controls Engineer
Posted 9 months ago in Sanford, NC

"I've worked for Pfizer (formerly Wyeth) for 20 years and it is a great place to work. Everyone treats you with respect, the environment gives you opportunities grow and become more diversified in your skill base."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5
Growth Opportunities 4 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5
Software Development Intern
Posted 9 months ago in Groton, CT

"Great company, as an intern, they throw you in and hopefully you will survive and learn a great deal."

Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Way You Work 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
Work Setting 5 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5
Senior Project Manager
Posted last year in Collegeville, PA

"I would welcome the opportunity to work there again due to the nature of work."

What do you like about working at Pfizer?

"I liked the good compensation, nice campus, and nice area of PA to work in."

"Err on the side of conservative dress. Focus on your experience in life sciences and technology."

What don't you like about working at Pfizer?

"I disliked the distance from home. On-boarding should have been more role-based. Management disconnected from actual work being performed."

"Allow consultants more flexibility in managing projects. Become more familiar with your consultants."

Way You Work 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5
Work Setting 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5
People You Work With 4 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5
Professional
Posted last year

"Innovation and empowerment have been replaced with control and fear."

What do you like about working at Pfizer?

"Pfizer offers great salary and benefits to its employees. This includes a top-notch severance package, which is reassuring because there have been layoffs every year since 2005. I have been in field sales for 18 years. The vast majority of first-level managers I have met are helpful and encouraging, genuinely committed to the success of the individuals on their teams. Contrary to a few other posts, I believe executive leadership is trying to take the company in an appropriate direction. The current CEO (Read) and his leadership team seem to understand the cultural issues that keep Pfizer from being the great place to work it once was, and they appear to be intent on correcting those issues."

"I would recommend looking elsewhere right now. Pfizer might offer a recent college graduate some useful experience to apply in another setting, but it would not be a good place to learn leadership skills or gain independence. Because we have been going through layoffs nearly every year, the areas hardest hit are those with the fewest open territories. I would definitely ask what the number of vacant but funded positions are in the district/team you would be a part of. Those teams with a lot of vacant positions generally do not have to lay off as many colleagues as those who are at full staffing."

What don't you like about working at Pfizer?

"Unfortunately, the previous two CEOs have ruined the culture within Pfizer. What had once been a culture of innovation, empowerment, and development is gone. Most middle managers have been trained by previous senior leaders to hoard power and decision-making. Pfizer has become insular and dictatorial. There is little to no latitude for innovative thought at the level of execution of work. To sum it up, a middle manager recently told a group of us (regarding local selling strategies), very bright people have created these strategies and tactics. We do not want you to come up with your own. What we expect is flawless execution of the plans we present to you. In other words, do what we tell you to do and say what we tell you to say when, how often, and to whom we tell you."

"While our industry is more regulated and scrutinized than ever, if we expect to retain the most capable colleagues, we must restore our focus on innovation and ownership at ALL levels. There is significant variance in how the OWN-IT meme is interpreted by managers. The core of our value to our customers is built on innovation, not just in product development, but in business execution as well. Leadership differs from management in that leaders innovate, delegate, and inspire, while managers control and measure. To become successful again, we must create leaders at all levels, not managers. Decision making at the level where work is done is not allowed currently. This must change."

Way You Work 1 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 Support You Get 1 / 5
People You Work With 4 / 5 Company Culture 1 / 5
Research Associate

What do you like about working at Pfizer?

"I like the great environment - friendly, collegial, supportive, and free. Everyone is there because they WANT to be, and they are universally friendly and helpful. It is very diverse and an excellent place to work."

"It's a great place to work. Count yourself among the lucky if hired. Work hard, do your best and hope the corporate overhauls slowdown so you can gain momentum and capitalize on it."

What don't you like about working at Pfizer?

"Upper level management (top tier) panics too easily. This disrupts structure too easily. There is too much emphasis on cost-cutting without vision."

"Leverage the strengths you have. Expand your relationships. Convert talent."

People You Work With 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5
Way You Work 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
Growth Opportunities 5 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5
Safety Assistant
Posted last year in New York City, NY

What do you like about working at Pfizer?

"It is one of the foremost pharmaceutical companies. Having the opportunity to learn from such an elite company is a dream come true."

"If the person is open to learning new things on a very regular basis, then he or she would be a good fit for the position."

What don't you like about working at Pfizer?

"There is no just culture in my department. It makes the employees stressed all the time."

"Discussing an employee's mistakes with them privately via email, or inter-office messages would make them more comfortable coming to for help."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5
Work Setting 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5
Data Manager
Posted last year in Groton, CT

"I had a great and rewarding time."

What do you like about working at Pfizer?

"I like the great team of people. I felt I was making a significant contribution to the team effort."

"Just put your best foot forward, and if you're a good fit (I was perfect), it will be a rewarding experience."

What don't you like about working at Pfizer?

"Can't say a thing now. I really hated working in the plant across the street, but now Pfizer Global R & D is a great place to work."

"Keep up the good work. Avoid going back to the 80s."

Way You Work 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5
Company Culture 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Person You Work For 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Senior Associate Scientist

"Unusually high independence."

What do you like about working at Pfizer?

"I had complete control and responsibility for the laboratory I built and operated myself for six years."

"Stop trying to operate labs at less than 15% capacity."

What don't you like about working at Pfizer?

"I received very little support and logistics. I was easily doing the work of three scientists in a very isolated work environment."

"Stop hiring PhDs left and right and add more real laboratory FTEs."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5
Work Setting 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5
People You Work With 3 / 5 Company Culture 2 / 5
Quality Control Analyst
Posted last year

What do you like about working at Pfizer?

"It is a good company to work, with global presence and lots of research."

"Good place to work. Not much to say. All the best."

What don't you like about working at Pfizer?

"It closed down in Hyderabad, India, where I worked. But they relocated all employees."

"Not much. Thank you for the experience of working in a multinational."

Company Culture 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Growth Opportunities 5 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
People You Work With 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5
Senior Coordinator
Posted last year in Andover, MA

"I have acquired a wealth of knowledge and experience for a reputable company."

What do you like about working at Pfizer?

"I no longer work with the company; I was laid off after 10 years of service."

"I highly recommend that you be an individual who can keep up with the pressures of a fast-paced and ever-changing work environment."

What don't you like about working at Pfizer?

"I don't have an answer for that; I honestly enjoyed working for the company."

"I have no suggestions for management. In my experience some people have what it takes to be in management positions, and some do not."

Work Setting 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5