Nielsen Reviews

On average, employees at Nielsen give their company a 3.4 rating out of 5.0 - which is 11% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Nielsen employees are Equipment Services Project Managers submitting an average rating of 4.0 and Membership Representatives with a rating of 3.9. Browse Nielsen Reviews by Job Title →

(based on 61 Nielsen Review Ratings)
Company Culture 3.2
Work Setting 3.4

101 Nielsen Company Reviews and Ratings

Technology Leader
Posted this month in Schaumburg, IL

"I have worked for Nielsen for last 6+ years and definitely a great company with respect to its line of business, foot print and global coverage."

Systems Administrator
Posted last month in San Francisco, CA

"It's really very good to work with Nielsen."

Nielsen (101)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is Carlisle & Gallagher Consulting Group (6)
2.8 Lowest Rated in this Industry is TransPerfect Translations (9)
Posted last month in Rockville Centre, NY

"Nice company to work, need more management and the leads have to know more about technical requirements to know the specific dates to deliver, and the technical leads need to know how to resolve functional problems and more management."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Membership Representative
Posted last month in Maryland City, MD

"The leader in TV and radio ratings industry since Nielsen bought Arbitron in 2013."

Average Nielsen Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Posted 2 months ago in Hartford, CT

"As a first corporate job out of college, it can be a great experience. As an experienced technician, the base pay is very low and the bar for incentive bonuses is set very high (it is not just you but your whole market determines if you see the $)."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Posted 4 months ago in Oldsmar, FL

"I have found Nielsen to be an Average company that is underachieving and inconsistent. It squanders resources but has enormous potential. It could be dominating the market but it struggles. I think it is an average place to work with below average managers. They do not relate well to employees , they merely follow HR rules."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Posted 5 months ago in Elk Grove Village, IL

"This company is slowly losing it's strength."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Posted 7 months ago in Oldsmar, FL

"Nielsen is a great company, but I'm really looking for eventual prospering work."

Posted 8 months ago in Oldsmar, FL

"I worked for Nielsen for 2 years. It was the most sexist company I ever worked for. The management were all good ole boy bullies and HR refused to address any issues. It was impossible to get time off for vacation. Most employees are part-time but have the carrot of full-time dangled in front of them and never get better pay or benefits. The benefits package is expensive and raises are nonexistent. Layoffs and outsourcing are common. Managers actively work to block people from promotion."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Posted 8 months ago in Atlanta, GA

"I worked for Nielsen for 7-months. I was so excited to be hired by this company, however it was a big mistake of my career. Mgmt is a bully by threading to fire you weekly, very stressful. Bonus is a joke they find ways not to pay you. They allow FRs to backout your homes and you have no control. FIELD RESEARCHERS - DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!"

Posted 8 months ago in Columbia, MD

"I worked at Arbitron/Nielsen Audio for 10+ years. Arbitron had very good benefits and competitive pay. However, it changed tremendously after the Nielsen acquisition. Our department was retained long enough for Nielsen to retrain new employees at less than half our compensation. Nielsen Audio should not be confused with the quality of work Arbitron provided. Nielsen Audio methodology appears to be substandard to Arbitron's."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Posted 9 months ago in Oldsmar, FL

"Hey Nielsen, why don't you hire a better HR Department You promoted my daughter, made her quit her full time job and then told her it was a mistake. It's not nice. My daughter is not a mistake, the only mistake here is the immature department of yours, who did not even once try to do the right thing."

Lead Automation Specialist
Posted 10 months ago in Oldsmar, FL

"I worked at The Nielsen Company for almost 3 years. I started out as a technical project engineer and moved into a lead automation specialist engineer and ended up a metering lab manager. I was able to grow within the company and be a contributor to many teams at my time with The Nielsen Company. Great place to work if you like working with on the edge technology along with great people who will help you move forward with you career goals."

Project Lead
Posted 10 months ago in New York City, NY

"I can't say much about Nielsen because they let me go after they purchased my old company Arbitron Inc. Nut, Arbitron was a great company and I'm sorry to see them go."

Equipment Services Project Manager
Posted 10 months ago in Oldsmar, FL

"I have worked for Nielsen Media since 2010. I found it a great place to work and recommend to anyone with a passion for statistics, media, and technology. They are groundbreakers in all of the above, and you really do get a better understanding of how the advertising industry works! Would recommend in a heartbeat!"