Nielsen
3.4 (96)
Industry: Professional Services - HQ: New York, NY

Nielsen Reviews

On average, employees at Nielsen give their company a 3.4 rating out of 5.0 - which is 11% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Nielsen employees are Equipment Services Project Managers submitting an average rating of 4.0 and Membership Representatives with a rating of 3.8.

(based on 56 Nielsen Review Ratings)
Company Culture 3.2
Work Setting 3.4
Nielsen JobsView All »

96 Nielsen Company Reviews and Ratings

Posted last week in Oldsmar, FL

"I have found Nielsen to be an Average company that is underachieving and inconsistent. It squanders resources but has enormous potential. It could be dominating the market but it struggles. I think it is an average place to work with below average managers. They do not relate well to employees , they merely follow HR rules."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5

Nielsen (96)

4.3 Highest Rated in this Industry is France Telecom (16)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is TransPerfect Translations (8)
Posted last month in Elk Grove Village, IL

"This company is slowly losing it's strength."

People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5
Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Person You Work For 2 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5
Company Culture 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5

Average Nielsen Ratings in the Past 5 Years

Posted 3 months ago in Oldsmar, FL

"Nielsen is a great company, but I'm really looking for eventual prospering work."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5

6 Reviewers
"worklife balance"
3 Reviewers
Posted 4 months ago in Oldsmar, FL

"I worked for Nielsen for 2 years. It was the most sexist company I ever worked for. The management were all good ole boy bullies and HR refused to address any issues. It was impossible to get time off for vacation. Most employees are part-time but have the carrot of full-time dangled in front of them and never get better pay or benefits. The benefits package is expensive and raises are nonexistent. Layoffs and outsourcing are common. Managers actively work to block people from promotion."

Way You Work 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Person You Work For 1 / 5
Work Setting 2 / 5 Company Culture 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5
Posted 4 months ago in Atlanta, GA

"I worked for Nielsen for 7-months. I was so excited to be hired by this company, however it was a big mistake of my career. Mgmt is a bully by threading to fire you weekly, very stressful. Bonus is a joke they find ways not to pay you. They allow FRs to backout your homes and you have no control. FIELD RESEARCHERS - DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!"

Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Way You Work 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Company Culture 1 / 5 Person You Work For 1 / 5
Work Setting 1 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5
Posted 4 months ago in Columbia, MD

"I worked at Arbitron/Nielsen Audio for 10+ years. Arbitron had very good benefits and competitive pay. However, it changed tremendously after the Nielsen acquisition. Our department was retained long enough for Nielsen to retrain new employees at less than half our compensation. Nielsen Audio should not be confused with the quality of work Arbitron provided. Nielsen Audio methodology appears to be substandard to Arbitron's."

Company Culture 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Way You Work 4 / 5 Person You Work For 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5
People You Work With 4 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5
Posted 5 months ago in Oldsmar, FL

"Hey Nielsen, why don't you hire a better HR Department You promoted my daughter, made her quit her full time job and then told her it was a mistake. It's not nice. My daughter is not a mistake, the only mistake here is the immature department of yours, who did not even once try to do the right thing."

People You Work With 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5
Way You Work 2 / 5 Person You Work For 3 / 5 Company Culture 1 / 5
Work Setting 3 / 5 Support You Get 2 / 5
Lead Automation Specialist
Posted 6 months ago in Oldsmar, FL

"I worked at The Nielsen Company for almost 3 years. I started out as a technical project engineer and moved into a lead automation specialist engineer and ended up a metering lab manager. I was able to grow within the company and be a contributor to many teams at my time with The Nielsen Company. Great place to work if you like working with on the edge technology along with great people who will help you move forward with you career goals."

Work Setting 4 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5
Person You Work For 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5
People You Work With 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Project Lead
Posted 6 months ago in New York City, NY

"I can't say much about Nielsen because they let me go after they purchased my old company Arbitron Inc. Nut, Arbitron was a great company and I'm sorry to see them go."

Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
Way You Work 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
Work Setting 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Equipment Services Project Manager
Posted 6 months ago in Oldsmar, FL

"I have worked for Nielsen Media since 2010. I found it a great place to work and recommend to anyone with a passion for statistics, media, and technology. They are groundbreakers in all of the above, and you really do get a better understanding of how the advertising industry works! Would recommend in a heartbeat!"

Support You Get 5 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Work Setting 4 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5
Membership Representative
Posted 6 months ago in Oldsmar, FL

"Great job for single people."

Work Setting 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Person You Work For 3 / 5
Company Culture 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5 Way You Work 3 / 5
People You Work With 3 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5
Marketing Data Analyst
Posted 6 months ago in New York City, NY

"Nielsen is a great company to work for. People are nice and genuinely interested in professional success of others. They have a lot of resources which help in career building all along. There are a lot of opportunities and cross-functional teams to explore and move on."

Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
Work Setting 5 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5
Posted 7 months ago in Oldsmar, FL

"I have worked for The Nielsen Company for about 8 years and have seen a small decline in employee morale since the company became public a couple of years ago. It has become difficult to move up unless you are willing to relocate and the compensation is favorable to the employer. The frown on overtime and the bottom line are the performance numbers. Great entry level position but the position is designed to get you out and get someone else in your position for less pay."

People You Work With 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Way You Work 3 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
Company Culture 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Principal Engineer
Posted 8 months ago in Columbia, MD

"I find Nelsen Audio to be great place to work."

Way You Work 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Posted 8 months ago in Columbia, MD

"Arbitron (now Nielsen Audio) is a good company with amazing benefits. You could meet some great people and establish some good business relationships."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5