Monitronics International
Industry: Wholesale Trade - HQ: Dallas, TX

Monitronics International Reviews

See all Monitronics International reviews »
2.7
(based on 6 Monitronics International Review Ratings)
Company Culture 2.8

Technical Support Representative
Posted last year in Farmers Branch, TX

"very poor"

What do you like about working at Monitronics International?

"nothing when they hired me they acted like they treated their employees as equal to the management. I was told by several employees during the training that they don't give raises like they are supposed to and they treat employees totally opposite than they told us in training."

"dont waste your time. They will fire you before you have a chance to prove yourself. The trainers are mean and treat everyone like crap"

What don't you like about working at Monitronics International?

"They treat their employee's poorly and will fire you at the drop of a hat if you don't fit in with their group. They make you feel stupid and like you are nothing."

"learn to treat your employees the way you say you do. Treat them like adults and equals"

Company Culture 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Person You Work For 1 / 5
Growth Opportunities 1 / 5 Way You Work 1 / 5 Support You Get 1 / 5
People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5

2.7
Monitronics International (11)

4.7 Highest Rated in this Industry is PSS World Medical (8)
1.9 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Hampton Forge (6)
Customer Support Specialist
Posted last year in Dallas, TX

"It sucked I wish I had never accepted the job."

What do you like about working at Monitronics International?

"They have a recreation room with ping pong table, tv, etc. They have a work out room with physical trainer included for free. A masseuse comes in on friday for free massages"

"Dont do it. This job is high stress and may pay well at first but the other employees stated they only get 20 cents raise a year and the only way to make more money is to move up in the company. They treat their employees poorly and their training staff is horrible"

What don't you like about working at Monitronics International?

"They let me go during training after my computer locked up causing me not to be able to finish my 2 hr test. The refused to let me take it over or have time to finish it."

"allow more time for the MAS test if a computer malfunctions during the test. Its unfair to let someone go because of that. Then I was told I was not rehire able for that portion of the company and treated like a dog. The MAS trainer needs to be retrained to not put her students down while they are learning it dosnt help the situation that the training is stressful enough as it is."

Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Way You Work 1 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Growth Opportunities 1 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Support You Get 1 / 5
Company Culture 1 / 5 Person You Work For 1 / 5

Average Monitronics International Ratings in the Past 5 Years

2013 $1
Staff Accountant

What do you like about working at Monitronics International?

"The company is very employee oriented and is always strives to provide a positive atmosphere."

"You should project confidence in your skills and a positive attitude above all else."

What don't you like about working at Monitronics International?

"I feel their wages are not as competetive as they could be."

"I don't really have anything specific. Monitronics continually works toward improvement in every area of the company. Management and upper level employees are presently attending a workshop, HPWP, a High Performance Work Place."

Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5
Growth Opportunities 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Developer
Posted last year in Dallas, TX

"Great company, people and work, but terrible management."

What do you like about working at Monitronics International?

"The people are incredible, sharp, dedicated and talented. The work we do helps save lives. The culture of the company is fun, interesting, and fosters a sense of family."

"No, I don't. I would honestly recommend people pass up this organization in its current state if you're taking a position that isn't in management. If you're leaning towards management, be aware that you'll be struggling against a lot of built in culture that is oppressive to new processes and updating technology to achieve competitive strengths."

What don't you like about working at Monitronics International?

"They have no idea how to manage software projects, and the management team itself is inconsistent and slow, lacking planning and vision."

"You can't let the company and its direction be purely controlled and directed by the general employee work force. There's a reason you've been promoted to a position of leading the company, and your vision needs to count for something. In addition, once you've realized this, and set the company in it's appropriate course, you need to empower your employees to get the job done and worry less about SWAG schedules and more about pushing for quality and appropriate content."

Way You Work 5 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5 Person You Work For 3 / 5
Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
Work Setting 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Account Resolution Specialist
Posted 2 years ago in Dallas, TX

"It started out as an ok experience and went down hill once I there for one year"

What do you like about working at Monitronics International?

"Some of the events that were for employessFood Vendors"

"Do not apply for this company. In the interview process the try to make it seem like it is company that cares and everyone is family. It is not true at all"

What don't you like about working at Monitronics International?

"Too much drama, childish employees, bad management structure, ignorant employess"

"Think long and hard on who you decide to make a supervisor or team lead in the company. Most of them have personal opinions of the employees and instead of them putting that aside and doing their job, they let that cloud their judgement. Also, when new classes are being hired, the current employee's positions are held over their head and are told that they can be replaced. The managemant does not seem to care about the employess at all.Micro-Managing of employess by SupervisorNo support of knowledge from SupervisorTeam Lead avoids calls for assistance from agents by saying her system is down and is on her cell phone most of the day"

Way You Work 1 / 5 Support You Get 1 / 5 Company Culture 1 / 5

"the customers"

"check the dealers"

IT Specialist
Posted 4 years ago in Dallas, TX

"hope an executive at Monitronics reads this."

What do you like about working at Monitronics International?

"Some of the best people you will meet anywhere."

What don't you like about working at Monitronics International?

"Management lies about everything and they like to surround themselves with yes people. Critical thinking and problem solving is not encouraged at all."

"Start paying attention to what the employees have to say and treat people with respect. Most of all mean what you say and if you make a promise to someone, make sure you follow through."

IT Service Delivery Manager
Posted 4 years ago

"Bad management"

"My team"

"Look elsewhere."

"My management"

"Replace those that started with the company and bring in personnel with broader experience."

Director of Dealer Development
Posted this month in Dallas, TX

"Monitronics is a growing company with opportunity and good compensation."

"Executive management."

Principal Architect
Posted 5 years ago in Dallas, TX

"Adequate"

What do you like about working at Monitronics International?

"The people that I worked with."

What don't you like about working at Monitronics International?

"Management is a bunch of snakes and will lie to you all day long to get what they want."

"Be honest and truthful with your employees and create better work/life balance."