We're not sure where that is... Please try another location.
3.9 (508)
Industry: Publishing Industries - HQ: Redmond, WA

Microsoft Reviews

(based on 374 Microsoft Review Ratings)
Company Culture 3.8
Work Setting 4.0
Microsoft JobsView All »

508 Microsoft Company Reviews and Ratings

4.4Posted about a month ago in Baltimore, MD
"Working here provides significant challenges and opportunities for technical growth. Typically you are working with some of the smartest people around. One of the best place to work in the D.C. area by far."
Posted this week in Redmond, WA

"Microsoft is a good global company, but there is a lot of room to improve."

Growth Opportunities 4 People You Work With 4 Support You Get 3
Rewards You Receive 3 Way You Work 4 Person You Work For 4
Work Setting 3 Company Culture 3

Company Rating Comparison

Microsoft (508)

4.7 Highest Rated in this Industry is N2 Publishing (19)
2.0 Lowest Rated in this Industry is CareCore National (7)
Posted this week in Redmond, WA

"Microsoft is a great company to work for. In fact, it does not need my or anyone's recommendation. It's kind of small Silicon Valley - you have all possible choices within the company. The company culture is great, people are very talented. As a downside I'd mention too many re-orgs happened recently, but this is probably the nature of today's dynamic world and market. I enjoyed working in Microsoft, think the experience gained there will help me a lot in other projects in my career."

Rewards You Receive 4 Work Setting 5 Way You Work 4
Company Culture 5 Support You Get 5 People You Work With 5
Person You Work For 5 Growth Opportunities 4

Average Microsoft Ratings in the Past 5 Years

Posted this month in Redmond, WA

"I had worked with Microsoft for over 2.5 years. During this time frame, my work environment changed drastically. Upon 1st on-boarding, work expectations were clear. However, by the time that I left, my own management had a very difficult time giving any form of solid examples of what was required to be successful within our division.You could meet & exceed your goals, and you could still be reprimanded by upper management for not doing better, or even in some cases, for doing too good."

Way You Work 5 Growth Opportunities 2 Rewards You Receive 5

3 Reviewers
"great people"
9 Reviewers
Posted last month in Redmond, WA

"Once we shipped our product... all us contractors were let go, in my opinion that was kind of messed up. Another thing was that to get the product out on time we worked overtime... A LOT of overtime, and was asked not to report all our hours. And to just take some comp-time, but that prooved hard to do because we got let go after ship."

Work Setting 4 Growth Opportunities 2 Rewards You Receive 3
Way You Work 3 Person You Work For 4 Company Culture 4
People You Work With 4 Support You Get 4
Posted last month in Redmond, WA

"Great place to work but the growth velocity is not good. The requirements to get to the senior level is not really something I want to do."

Person You Work For 4 Growth Opportunities 2 Way You Work 4
Company Culture 4 Support You Get 4 Rewards You Receive 3
People You Work With 4 Work Setting 4
Posted last month in Los Angeles, CA

"Amazing company, great environment, a lot of lessons to be learned."

Person You Work For 5 Support You Get 5 Company Culture 5

Way You Work 4 Person You Work For 5 Support You Get 5
Company Culture 4 People You Work With 5 Rewards You Receive 5
Growth Opportunities 4 Work Setting 3
Posted last month in Sacramento, CA

"I worked for Microsoft for 2 years and their management style is a popularity contest. Microsoft requires 1 person to be let go every year in each division, it is a company requirement. The individual that gets let go might have a stellar record but for any reason can end up being the person let go for that fiscal year. They do not explain their management style when hired. Microsoft's HR department even after filing complaints did not reach out to me or try to help me in anyway."

People You Work With 1 Support You Get 1 Company Culture 1
Person You Work For 1 Growth Opportunities 1 Way You Work 1
Work Setting 1 Rewards You Receive 3
Xbox Specialist
Posted last month in Redmon, IL

"If ever given the chance to work with Xbox again, I would take it in a heart beat! Microsoft fosters innovation and creativity."

Way You Work 5 Person You Work For 4 Work Setting 5
People You Work With 4 Support You Get 5 Growth Opportunities 4
Rewards You Receive 4 Company Culture 5
.NET Architect
Posted last month in Rio, WI

"I am a professional and extremely proficient in cutting-edge Microsoft technology, constantly involved in events promoted by the company. I have been working with .NET version 1.0 since 2002. Since then, Ive been more specialized in web applications with ASP.NET.During my professional life, Ive worked with different Microsoft technology and methodologies."

Rewards You Receive 5 Way You Work 4 Support You Get 5
Company Culture 5 People You Work With 5 Person You Work For 5
Work Setting 5 Growth Opportunities 4
.NET Architect
Posted last month in Rio Rancho, NM

"I am a professional and extremely proficient in cutting-edge Microsoft technology, constantly involved in events promoted by the company. I have been working with .NET version 1.0 since 2002. Since then, Ive been more specialized in web applications with ASP.NET.During my professional life, Ive worked with different Microsoft technology and methodologies.I have over 4 years experience in a multi-national company (Westcon Brazil LTDA), which involved analysis, programming and software support"

Work Setting 5 Growth Opportunities 4 Way You Work 4
Company Culture 5 Rewards You Receive 5 Person You Work For 5
Support You Get 5 People You Work With 5
Posted last month in Redmond, WA

"Good company to work for."

Person You Work For 4 Growth Opportunities 2 People You Work With 4
Support You Get 4 Company Culture 4 Work Setting 4
Rewards You Receive 4 Way You Work 4
Global Director of Technology
Posted last month in New York City, NY

"I've worked at Microsoft since early 2013, the company is innovative and has very well established processes. I personally, enjoy more environments where employees are empowered to make decisions rather than follow processes, this was I believe innovation is maximized and employees deliver at their best. I rather provide good context to my teams that enforce control to what they do."

Person You Work For 4 Growth Opportunities 3 People You Work With 4
Company Culture 4 Rewards You Receive 4 Way You Work 2
Support You Get 2 Work Setting 3
Senior Project Manager
Posted 2 months ago in Redmond, WA

"I've worked for Microsoft for 13+ years until recently laid off due to re-organization. In this position I was able to utilize many skill sets to accomplish projects assigned. This included excellent cross group collaboration, open and honesty with customers and internal teams. Most importantly I feel my integrity built trust amongst the various project stakeholders, teams and management."

Person You Work For 3 People You Work With 5 Rewards You Receive 4
Work Setting 3 Growth Opportunities 4 Way You Work 4
Support You Get 3 Company Culture 4
Posted 2 months ago in Redmond, WA

"A closet, nay a cell, in a dump is what they would consider a good office. Great place to learn your craft but you won't advance unless you come in at GM or higher."

Rewards You Receive 3 Way You Work 1 Work Setting 1