Microsoft Reviews

On average, employees at Microsoft give their company a 3.9 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Microsoft employees are Network Engineers submitting an average rating of 5.0 and Developers with a rating of 4.9. Browse Microsoft Reviews by Job Title →

(based on 436 Microsoft Review Ratings)
Company Culture 3.8
Work Setting 4.1

Microsoft Jobs

572 Microsoft Company Reviews and Ratings

4.4Posted 7 months ago in Baltimore, MD
"Working here provides significant challenges and opportunities for technical growth. Typically you are working with some of the smartest people around. One of the best place to work in the D.C. area by far."
Design Validation Engineer
Posted yesterday in San Jose, CA

"I worked for 13 yrs. in Nokia. Company was sold to Microsoft and the company reorganized and laid off people from San Diego."

Company Culture 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5
Person You Work For 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5
Posted this week in Redmond, WA

"Microsoft is a great company to work for, filled with brilliant people. Compensation and benefits are unbeatable in the industry."

Work Setting 5 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5
Way You Work 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5

Microsoft (572)

4.8 Highest Rated in this Industry is N2 Publishing (22)
1.9 Lowest Rated in this Industry is CareCore National (8)
Senior Premier Field Engineer
Posted this week in Redmond, WA

"Microsoft is a very hard but fun place to work. It is all about the people you are working with and the things you learn while there. Nothing is more satisfying than those friendships you develop. Compensation is good but the perks are what push them over the edge. If you have the chance to experience it, it is worth it. The review process has changed which was the only down side but outside of that I had no complaints."

Way You Work 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Company Culture 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5
Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5
Principal Director of BI
Posted last week in Redmond, WA

"I have worked for Microsoft for over a decade and its a fun & challenging environment where you get to work with some of the best minds in the industry."

Growth Opportunities 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5
Way You Work 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Company Culture 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5

Average Microsoft Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Posted last week in Jersey City, NJ

"Great place good benefits."

Company Culture 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Way You Work 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Senior Technical Evangelist
Posted last week in Redmond, WA

"Responsible to develop a healthy App, Cloud and Game ecosystem for Mexico and Latam markets in an accelerated way driving the creation of more than 3,000 local apps, cloud services consumption and games."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Way You Work 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
Posted last week in Redmond, WA

"I have been working with Microsoft for over a year and since my day of joining, I have found it very interesting. I am so happy to extend my helping hands to customers who come to me when they have issues with SCOM."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Growth Opportunities 5 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5
Posted last week in Redmond, WA

"I've worked for Microsoft for 5 years. It was an amazing learning experience. I became pretty independent and self-reliant and learned a lot from many of my coworkers. The company tries to keep its employees as happy as possible and the benefits are awesome. The company also worries a lot regarding work life balance. They won't overwork you."

Growth Opportunities 5 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5
Work Setting 4 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
People You Work With 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5
Posted last month in Redmond, WA

"I loved working for Microsoft. I left because a long 7 years finally got me itching to move and some career stagnation because I never left my group/project. I encourage you to move around in this company (especially when you get promoted), best way to get ahead and get vast experience. All the tools you could ever need to do your job but almost no control or ownership over what you are doing (at least in the well established products)."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5
Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 Way You Work 1 / 5
Posted last month in Redmond, WA

"I have worked for Microsoft since 2002 and have learned a lot about software development, database systems, distributed systems and cloud computing."

Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5
Work Setting 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
Posted last month in Redmond, WA

"Microsoft is a legendary company. When you working at it you feel yourself as a part of something huge and incredible. But still like any big problem Microsoft has several problems in bureaucracy and internal complex processes."

Company Culture 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Way You Work 4 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
People You Work With 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5
Posted last month in Redmond, WA

"I've worked for Microsoft since the early 90s. It's been a great place to learn engineering. The profitability allows Microsoft to sustain engineering projects that have only long term payoff. However the profitability also leads to negative behaviors in middle and upper management in their quest to create the next billion dollar business.Satya's new leadership is refreshing, if you want to fit in."

Work Setting 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5
Company Culture 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Person You Work For 3 / 5
Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5
Posted 3 months ago in Irving, TX

"Originally worked for Nokia and Microsoft acquired the company. The original communication was that Microsoft was keeping the OEM business, later changing the overall strategy to not keeping the OEM business."

Company Culture 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5
Way You Work 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Person You Work For 3 / 5
Work Setting 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Posted 3 months ago in Fort Lauderdale, FL

"Good place to work but work on a masters to move up and get pmi certification."

Work Setting 5 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5
Company Culture 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Person You Work For 3 / 5
Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5
Senior Support Engineer
Posted 3 months ago

"I have worked for Microsoft since 2007. The company employees around 127,000 employees and have over a hundred locations around the world."

People You Work With 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5