Microsoft Reviews

On average, employees at Microsoft give their company a 3.9 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Microsoft employees are Network Engineers submitting an average rating of 5.0 and Developers with a rating of 4.9. Browse Microsoft Reviews by Job Title →

(based on 424 Microsoft Review Ratings)
Company Culture 3.8
Work Setting 4.0

Microsoft Jobs

560 Microsoft Company Reviews and Ratings

4.4Posted 7 months ago in Redmond, WA
"This was a great team to work with - they respected my input, gave me useful feedback, and gave me autonomy without isolation. Also, it was an environment where you could relax and be yourself; people were comfortable with each other's quirks and habits, and I really liked my coworkers, not just liked working with them. The best thing, though, was my boss, who was great to have in your corner; she was very good at getting people to work together and getting them what they needed when they needed it."
Posted 2 months ago in Irving, TX

"Originally worked for Nokia and Microsoft acquired the company. The original communication was that Microsoft was keeping the OEM business, later changing the overall strategy to not keeping the OEM business."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Way You Work 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5
Company Culture 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5
Posted 2 months ago in Fort Lauderdale, FL

"Good place to work but work on a masters to move up and get pmi certification."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5
Way You Work 4 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5

Microsoft (560)

4.8 Highest Rated in this Industry is N2 Publishing (21)
1.9 Lowest Rated in this Industry is CareCore National (8)
Senior Support Engineer
Posted 2 months ago

"I have worked for Microsoft since 2007. The company employees around 127,000 employees and have over a hundred locations around the world."

People You Work With 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5
Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5 Company Culture 2 / 5
Person You Work For 3 / 5 Way You Work 3 / 5
Posted 2 months ago in Issaquah, WA

"I've worked for Microsoft off and on since 2009, and I love the atmosphere here, but dislike the ability to move up into a higher position. I enjoy my job, and I love customer relations using IT. I have a passion for it, and would love to continue it with a job that has more growth."

Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5
Work Setting 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
Way You Work 5 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5

Average Microsoft Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Posted 2 months ago in Boydton, VA

"I've worked for Microsoft since 2012 where I helped build out and maintain a world class data center. Microsoft has spared no expense and utilize the latest and greatest IT Hardware."

Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5
Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5
Work Setting 3 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5
SQL Developer
Posted 2 months ago in Redmond, WA

"I have worked in Microsoft for more than 1 year. It is a very good company cross the world. No matter working environment or people around are all super nice. This is an awesome place for you to work."

People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Way You Work 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5
Posted 2 months ago in Redmond, WA

"In projects at Microsoft since 2008 of varying size and scope. Despite these projects, it's been difficult to enter the company as a full time employee. As a contractor, I would not recommend this company. Microsoft is behind the proverbial 8-ball, and no longer an innovator."

Way You Work 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5
Company Culture 3 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Work Setting 2 / 5 Support You Get 2 / 5
Posted 2 months ago in Redmond, WA

"Microsoft as a whole is well known for being a great place to work. However, Bing is highly aggressive and management encourages adversarial behavior in employees to create a "competitive" work environment. The rest of Microsoft seems to be well received."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5 Person You Work For 1 / 5
Growth Opportunities 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Way You Work 2 / 5
Company Culture 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5
Engineering Team Manager
Posted 2 months ago in Redmond, WA

"I have had 25 years in the IT industry in a number of roles before I worked at Microsoft. In this position I utilized my extensive knowledge of IT both systems and network infrastructure and what lies beneath the application layer as well as managing numerous technical teams within IT. I have been a part of teams that were responsible for performance testing, system engineering and application architecture design as well as building automation around numerous tasks throughout my career."

Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Person You Work For 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5
Posted 2 months ago in Redmond, WA

"Good start for freshers but if they are not recruited into products group they might screw up their career working on legacy stuff."

Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 Person You Work For 3 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5
Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5
Work Setting 5 / 5 Way You Work 2 / 5
Posted 2 months ago in Redmond, WA

"I have worked for Microsoft since 2011. It is a good company but has too many in-house applications to support."

People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5
Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5
Company Culture 3 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5
Developer Evangelist
Posted 3 months ago in Redmond, WA

"I've decided to join Microsoft because of it's unparalleled legacy. As a Developer Evangelist I get to drive excitement around Microsoft's Technologies in professional and academic communities."

People You Work With 5 / 5 Person You Work For 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5
Way You Work 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Posted 3 months ago in Bellevue, WA

"Our new CEO rocks and is restoring the old traditions of the company. We needed that."

Work Setting 4 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
Growth Opportunities 4 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5
People You Work With 5 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5
Posted 3 months ago in Bellevue, WA

"Have been with Microsoft for nearly 9 years and continuing to see what happens with my career as changes continue to occur. There is not any ability to continue to grow much due to to much leveling up."

Company Culture 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
People You Work With 3 / 5 Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5
Person You Work For 3 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5
Posted 3 months ago in Salt Lake City, UT

"I have only worked here for a month and a half, however it's been a wonderful work experience."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5