Microsoft Reviews

On average, employees at Microsoft give their company a 3.9 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Microsoft employees are Network Engineers submitting an average rating of 5.0 and Developers with a rating of 4.9. Browse Microsoft Reviews by Job Title →

(based on 428 Microsoft Review Ratings)
Company Culture 3.8
Work Setting 4.0

Microsoft Jobs

564 Microsoft Company Reviews and Ratings

4.4Posted 6 months ago in Baltimore, MD
"Working here provides significant challenges and opportunities for technical growth. Typically you are working with some of the smartest people around. One of the best place to work in the D.C. area by far."
Posted this week in Redmond, WA

"I loved working for Microsoft. I left because a long 7 years finally got me itching to move and some career stagnation because I never left my group/project. I encourage you to move around in this company (especially when you get promoted), best way to get ahead and get vast experience. All the tools you could ever need to do your job but almost no control or ownership over what you are doing (at least in the well established products)."

People You Work With 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
Work Setting 4 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5
Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 Way You Work 1 / 5
Posted this week in Redmond, WA

"I have worked for Microsoft since 2002 and have learned a lot about software development, database systems, distributed systems and cloud computing."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5

Microsoft (564)

4.8 Highest Rated in this Industry is N2 Publishing (22)
1.9 Lowest Rated in this Industry is CareCore National (8)
Posted this week in Redmond, WA

"Microsoft is a legendary company. When you working at it you feel yourself as a part of something huge and incredible. But still like any big problem Microsoft has several problems in bureaucracy and internal complex processes."

Growth Opportunities 4 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5
Work Setting 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5
Way You Work 4 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
Posted this week in Redmond, WA

"I've worked for Microsoft since the early 90s. It's been a great place to learn engineering. The profitability allows Microsoft to sustain engineering projects that have only long term payoff. However the profitability also leads to negative behaviors in middle and upper management in their quest to create the next billion dollar business.Satya's new leadership is refreshing, if you want to fit in."

Growth Opportunities 4 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
People You Work With 4 / 5 Person You Work For 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5
Way You Work 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5

Average Microsoft Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Posted 2 months ago in Irving, TX

"Originally worked for Nokia and Microsoft acquired the company. The original communication was that Microsoft was keeping the OEM business, later changing the overall strategy to not keeping the OEM business."

Company Culture 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5
Way You Work 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Person You Work For 3 / 5
Work Setting 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Posted 2 months ago in Fort Lauderdale, FL

"Good place to work but work on a masters to move up and get pmi certification."

Work Setting 5 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5
Company Culture 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Person You Work For 3 / 5
Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5
Senior Support Engineer
Posted 2 months ago

"I have worked for Microsoft since 2007. The company employees around 127,000 employees and have over a hundred locations around the world."

People You Work With 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5
Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5 Company Culture 2 / 5
Person You Work For 3 / 5 Way You Work 3 / 5
Posted 2 months ago in Issaquah, WA

"I've worked for Microsoft off and on since 2009, and I love the atmosphere here, but dislike the ability to move up into a higher position. I enjoy my job, and I love customer relations using IT. I have a passion for it, and would love to continue it with a job that has more growth."

Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5
Work Setting 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
Way You Work 5 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5
Posted 2 months ago in Boydton, VA

"I've worked for Microsoft since 2012 where I helped build out and maintain a world class data center. Microsoft has spared no expense and utilize the latest and greatest IT Hardware."

Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5
Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5
Work Setting 3 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5
SQL Developer
Posted 2 months ago in Redmond, WA

"I have worked in Microsoft for more than 1 year. It is a very good company cross the world. No matter working environment or people around are all super nice. This is an awesome place for you to work."

People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Way You Work 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5
Posted 2 months ago in Redmond, WA

"In projects at Microsoft since 2008 of varying size and scope. Despite these projects, it's been difficult to enter the company as a full time employee. As a contractor, I would not recommend this company. Microsoft is behind the proverbial 8-ball, and no longer an innovator."

Way You Work 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5
Company Culture 3 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Work Setting 2 / 5 Support You Get 2 / 5
Posted 2 months ago in Redmond, WA

"Microsoft as a whole is well known for being a great place to work. However, Bing is highly aggressive and management encourages adversarial behavior in employees to create a "competitive" work environment. The rest of Microsoft seems to be well received."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5 Person You Work For 1 / 5
Growth Opportunities 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Way You Work 2 / 5
Company Culture 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5
Engineering Team Manager
Posted 2 months ago in Redmond, WA

"I have had 25 years in the IT industry in a number of roles before I worked at Microsoft. In this position I utilized my extensive knowledge of IT both systems and network infrastructure and what lies beneath the application layer as well as managing numerous technical teams within IT. I have been a part of teams that were responsible for performance testing, system engineering and application architecture design as well as building automation around numerous tasks throughout my career."

Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Person You Work For 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5
Posted 2 months ago in Redmond, WA

"Good start for freshers but if they are not recruited into products group they might screw up their career working on legacy stuff."

Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 Person You Work For 3 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5
Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5
Work Setting 5 / 5 Way You Work 2 / 5
Posted 2 months ago in Redmond, WA

"I have worked for Microsoft since 2011. It is a good company but has too many in-house applications to support."

People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5