Microsoft Reviews Browse Microsoft Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at Microsoft give their company a 3.9 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Microsoft employees are Network Engineers submitting an average rating of 5.0 and Developers with a rating of 4.8.

(based on 495 Microsoft Review Ratings)
Company Culture 3.8
Growth Opportunities 3.4
People You Work With 4.3
Person You Work For 4.0
Rewards You Receive 3.9
Support You Get 4.1
Way You Work 4.0
Work Setting 4.1
"I worked for Microsoft for about eight and a half years at a remote location in Hauppauge, NY on Long Island. Microsoft acquired a small local company named Sybari back in 2005 and that's how this location came to be. Saybari specialized in antivirus protection at the corporate level. Ultimately we wound up under the Exchange division building a management console for O365 and Exchange Online Protection. At one point we were about 100+ people strong, but through layoffs and attrition we were down to about 35 when the final blow was struck in July 2014. They shut us down as a part of the recent head count reduction. Working at Microsoft was a real crazy ride. Because I was working with an extraordinary group of people, I don't think I felt the pain as much as I would have if I was working with people I didn't enjoy being around. The work was tough and demanding. You were expected to drive whatever feature you were working on. Scheduling was terrible. Every time I worked on a new feature the first thing I was told was "you are behind". I would say, "how can I be behind, you just showed me this today." Also, the egos in the company were way too big for my liking. I did learn a lot about process and how software is built on a grand scale. That is something that I am glad I took away from the experience. Of course the benefits and pay were quite good. Also being 13 mins from my home was a huge personal plus. All in all, I am glad I worked for them. It is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. As with any job, there was good and bad. Had they not closed the facility, I would still be there."
Posted 3 months ago in Hauppauge, NY

632 Microsoft Company Reviews and Ratings Browse Microsoft Reviews by Job Title →

Posted yesterday in Freehold, NJ

"Strong company with great values and gained excellent working experience. Couldn't ask for a better environment."

Program Manager
Posted this week in Chevy Chase, MD

"Bar none, Microsoft is the best company that I have worked for. Why? Solid management, employees are well taken care of and well compensated. Well defined career path and every one is given the opportunity to succeed, excel and contribute to the financial goal of the company. For me it was 16+ years of excitement, commitment and rewarding fun work."

Microsoft (632)

4.8 Highest Rated in this Industry is N2 Publishing (22)
1.9 Lowest Rated in this Industry is CareCore National (8)
Posted last week in Chicago, IL

"Microsoft is a fantastic company - great vision, great benefits, smart people. But there is a corporate hierarchy that gets in the way of truly making a difference until you reach higher levels - this is a very top down driven organization."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Posted last week in Redmond, WA

"Very good company to work with overall but be aware of some unusual labor practices not expected from a company like Microsoft."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5

Average Microsoft Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Consultant
Posted last week in Bellevue, WA

"Great Company to Work. Lots of technology and you will never get bored of working here."

Posted last week in Bellevue, WA

"Great company to work for."

Software Development Engineer in Test
Posted last week in Redmond, WA

"I worked for Microsoft Corporation for seven years. I was with the PlayReady team for the entire time. I most valued the diversity of the team, the strong teamwork, and commitment to customer satisfaction. Microsoft provided many opportunities and resources to improve and grow professionally. Microsoft is a global company with over 100,000 employees."

Posted last week in Redmond, WA

"Great company, but very competitive on the inside. Difficult to develop a long term career. Microsoft is interested on moving people and hiring younger talent each year. A lot of time focused on internal stuff. The company moves fast but still slower than what is really needed. Joined 1993 - recently left."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Posted this month in Seattle, WA

"Great company to work for."

Developer
Posted this month in Charlotte, NC

"I have worked for Microsoft Developer Network as of last year of October through 01/2015 and I worked for my husband. We worked good together and he was the owner of Microsoft Developer Network. Microsoft Developer used to be called Microsoft Developer Inc."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Posted this month in Redmond, WA

"I worked for Microsoft since 2000. I've seen them struggle, I've seen them fail, I've seen them succeed. Microsoft is a good company to work for with plenty of resources to help you succeed in your career."

Posted this month in San Diego, CA

"I worked for Nokia for over one year. Excellent environment and compensation. Once Nokia's mobile division was acquired by Microsoft I only had the chance to experience it for a short time. It felt as a very different company culture though."

Posted this month in Redmond, WA

"it's a good company to work for."

Posted last month in Redmond, WA

"I worked at Microsoft for 20 Years. It is all I really know. I was laid-off with 18,000 other positions. It is a scary world."