We're not sure where that is... Please try another location.
Market America
3.3 (9)
Industry: Clothing and Apparel Stores - HQ: Greensboro, NC

Market America Reviews

(based on 7 Market America Review Ratings)
Company Culture 2.9
Work Setting 3.0

9 Market America Company Reviews and Ratings

Executive Coordinator
Posted 6 months ago

"I really enjoyed the opportunity this company gives in that they let you be flexible and creative with your work. There are plenty of people to educate you and guide you along the way so that your never left behind. I like being able to earn extra money on top of my base pay because it gives you that little extra effort that your brain sometimes needs to really push harder. Overall I think it was a great company and I enjoyed working for them."

Way You Work 4 Person You Work For 4 Support You Get 4
People You Work With 4 Company Culture 4 Work Setting 4
Growth Opportunities 4 Rewards You Receive 4

Company Rating Comparison

Market America (9)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is Louis Vuitton (9)
3.1 Lowest Rated in this Industry is White House | Black Market (6)
Content Specialist
Posted last year in Greensboro, NC

What do you like about working at Market America?

"Certain managers are great to work with and very understanding and cooperative. My coworkers save me from the everyday stresses of dealing with the higher-ups."

"Be aware that working with the executives is complete hell, but your group of coworkers will be instrumental in helping you deal with it. Also be aware that people are fired for the stupidest reasons imaginable (such as making popcorn in the office. I kid you not.)"

What don't you like about working at Market America?

"The executives are not people that I care about making money for, and most of the products the company sells are total scams. This company does nothing good for the world at large."

"Stop all of the nepotism and actually hire and promote people based on their skills. Give credit where credit is due instead of stealing it from people."

Person You Work For 4 People You Work With 4 Rewards You Receive 3
Support You Get 3 Work Setting 2 Growth Opportunities 2
Way You Work 3 Company Culture 2

Average Market America Ratings in the Past 5 Years

2011 $2
Customer Service Representative
Posted last year in Greensboro, NC

"Very good company, very good career."

What do you like about working at Market America?

"very good products, very good commercial strategy, very good commercial organization and technology usage."

"try to balance the benefits of company and customer, be loyalty to the company and be nice to the customers."

"need to be more nice and more kind to the employee."

Work Setting 5 Growth Opportunities 3 Way You Work 5
People You Work With 5 Support You Get 5 Rewards You Receive 5
Person You Work For 5 Company Culture 5
Content Writer
Posted this month in Greensboro, NC

"Understaffed, caustic, stressful, high turnover."

What do you like about working at Market America?

"I love my department and the people in it. For the most part, everyone is very supportive and we get the job done. I have gained"

"Run. Fast. It may seem like a good opportunity on paper, but there is a reason they have so many openings.The owners and executive team have been known to say You work for me, I own you. I can say whatever I want to say to you and frequently scream and curse at employees. One exec used to give himself nosebleeds from screaming so hard. When you interview for a management position, they will be trying to gauge if you can handle such an abrasive working environment. For your personal sanity and safety, don't bluff.If you are masochistic enough to take a job here, stay humble and keep your head down. Favor changes with the winds. You sure you don't want that other job you applied for"

What don't you like about working at Market America?

"MA has a terrible reputation in the industry, and for good reason. Everyone is on the chopping block and there is no job security because of corporate politics and temper tantrums. They give you a minimum of two weeks off a year when you start, (because they offer time off instead of bonuses) but you can't really use PTO and be successful here. They will call you up to have you take care of last minute projects they want done, and if you're not available, you will be reamed.Forget having a personal life. You are expected to work at least 10-12 hours a day if not more, and weekends if you have unreasonable deadlines. You are always on call at Market America.Raises are a joke at MA. Even if you earn a promotion, you won't get a raise until your annual review, and it will likely only be a meager 3%. It's not worth it.Some of the managers and execs will actually watch the market to see if you are applying elsewhere and will sabotage your future endeavors."

"If the executive team would truly like to expand their business, they would hire enough people to develop, manage, market, and launch products on time, and they should treat their employees better. The workplace is so toxic that good employees have either been fired or want to get out of there so badly they cut and run. You can't build an empire without a loyal stable workforce. Market America's work environment doesn't breed loyalty, but daily dread."

Company Culture 1 Way You Work 4 People You Work With 4
Support You Get 1 Work Setting 3 Growth Opportunities 3
Rewards You Receive 1 Person You Work For 5
Posted 2 years ago in Greensboro, NC

What do you like about working at Market America?

"The company makes money hand over fist and is constantly growing"

"Understand coming in that you will be threatened with your job over and over and over again. You will also work 80-100 hour weeks and not even get a thank you, much less a bonus for bringing projects in on time."

What don't you like about working at Market America?

"The company managers and owners make one poor decision after another and constantly threaten termination as a means to get what they want."

"You need managers at this company that have the balls to tell you when things are wrong and own up to their own mistakes. You used to have that and your new CTO has run just about everyone that had said balls either out of their position or out of the building."

People You Work With 3 Support You Get 2 Company Culture 1
Person You Work For 5 Company Culture 5
ColdFusion Developer
Posted 3 years ago

What do you like about working at Market America?

"Other coldfusion developers were friendly and knowledgeable for the most part. I also had a great project manager, but found that I was actually quite lucky"

"If you want stability, this is a good place. If you want an innovative and creative atmosphere, look somewhere else."

What don't you like about working at Market America?

"Top down approach to management. I spent months at a time with no work to do. My opinions were not really heard or respected.No profit sharing, and 401k matching was a joke."

"Learn about the technology you are trying to implement. Find out ways to more evenly distribute the workload."

Person You Work For 4 Company Culture 2.3 Support You Get 2.8
Rewards You Receive 4 Work Setting 2.7 Way You Work 1.5
People You Work With 4.3 Growth Opportunities 1.3
Sales Consultant
Posted 4 years ago in Perkasie, PA

"Very motivating company to work for"

What do you like about working at Market America?

"There was no glass ceiling for career advancement"

"Keep an open mind"

What don't you like about working at Market America?

"Having to keep up with all the constant changing policies and procedures of the company."

"Keep policies and procedures consistent"

Company Owner
Posted 4 years ago in Pittsburgh, PA

"It was a good beginner level company"

What do you like about working at Market America?

"It was my business and I have a lot of good memories working"

"Try to make everyday a little bit better than the one prior"

What don't you like about working at Market America?

"The money was not to the fullest of my potential"

"to work together as a collective consciounce and peoples needs to come before their own. Everything comes back ten fold that way"

Jobs You Might Like