Language Line Services Reviews

On average, employees at Language Line Services give their company a 2.7 rating out of 5.0 - which is 34% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Language Line Services employees are Interpreters submitting an average rating of 3.0. Browse Language Line Services Reviews by Job Title →

2.7
(based on 8 Language Line Services Review Ratings)
Company Culture 2.8

Language Line Services Jobs

15 Language Line Services Company Reviews and Ratings

Anonymous Employee
Posted 6 months ago

"I've worked for this company for several years. The job itself could have been an exciting experience but for the the horrible company culture. The way they treat their employees is entirely unacceptable: no chance to get a day-off or vacation, no adequate remuneration for the interpreters work resulting in poor services quality, they actually cut down interpreters pay by almost twice compared to what it used to be years ago, no chance for career growth overall was very discouraging experience."

Company Culture 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5 Way You Work 1 / 5
Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Support You Get 2 / 5
Growth Opportunities 1 / 5 Person You Work For 1 / 5
Anonymous Employee
Posted 6 months ago in Monterey, CA

"Poor compensation with zero to little advancement opportunity. Employees do not feel valued and are not given development opportunities. You have no recognition for your efforts. Have a great idea Well, it won't get credited back to you."

Way You Work 3 / 5 Company Culture 2 / 5 Person You Work For 2 / 5
Growth Opportunities 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
People You Work With 4 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5

2.7
Language Line Services (15)

4.7 Highest Rated in this Industry is PSS World Medical (8)
1.9 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Hampton Forge (6)
Posted last year in Orlando, FL

What do you like about working at Language Line Services?

"I'm able to work from home and I like working with people. My company provides me flexible work schedules."

"Be prepared and know what the company needs. Applicants must love working with people. ."

What don't you like about working at Language Line Services?

"I'd like to work hard to get a higher salary in order to support my family."

"They are doing a good job and I have enjoyed working with them."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
Work Setting 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5
Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Spanish Medical Interpreter
Posted 2 years ago in El Paso, TX

"Each day is a valuable learning experience, it tests your skills daily"

What do you like about working at Language Line Services?

"I worked from home and I dealt with people from all over the world."

"Yes, you better enjoy being in sales and being in a sales environment all the time."

What don't you like about working at Language Line Services?

"I couldn't move up. I was stuck as an interpreter, but I aspired to be a trainer."

"Currently I have no suggestions for management but may have some in the future."

Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5
People You Work With 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Way You Work 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5

Average Language Line Services Ratings in the Past 2 Years

2011 $1
Posted 2 years ago

"would not recommend to work for these crooks!"

What do you like about working at Language Line Services?

"Work from home, no money spent on new clothes or gas....."

"get certified and work for the court system instead. Don't waste your time with people that won't care how good you do your job, you'll never be good enough. They'll find the first opportunity to get rid of you in a nasty way. they do not like people speaking up, making them correct their errors (we are all human so it is ok to make mistakes!) when you tell them how it is, they will and they do take it personal. How come that after 3 years of excellent service, I was being monitored once a month, reviews were coming as not satisfactory Mind you, the person doing the monitoring was NOT the same person all the time...They let people go because it's slow but yet they're still hiring How come I get a letter saying i'm takeing too many specials but yet there's no specific limit or amount of special I can take but I'm taking too many Contradictions...I get occurances for days off that I took when it was another woman that approved them and then she gets upset because I make her correct it Why am I going to allow her to penalize me for days that she approved her own self!!!! Many other flaws this company has and very little time and space to list them all!"

What don't you like about working at Language Line Services?

"One of the managers- she's so malicious and crooked. Try to stick to your guns with her and it'll be only a matter of time that she'll create the opportunity to get rid of you, she she sets people up!!"

"Replace them ALL or trained them to be normal and to care about what they do!!"

Company Culture 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Person You Work For 1 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5
People You Work With 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Senior Accountant
Posted 2 years ago in Monterey, CA

"Very good overall."

What do you like about working at Language Line Services?

"The diversity of languages we do translations and interpretation over the phone. ."

"Before they come to an interview they need to find out who they are going to be interview by and response questions accordingly."

What don't you like about working at Language Line Services?

"The not recognition of the sacrifice I've put into it to achieve the close month end goal"

"They should be looking closer at those employee who really work hard to achieve the company objectives."

Work Setting 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Support You Get 1 / 5
Person You Work For 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5
Way You Work 5 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
Posted 2 years ago in Del Rey Oaks, CA

"Nothing"

"Beware:You need to monitor the call length on the Call History Board. The CHB does not display the end time of calls you interpret. LLS does not expose end time of calls to interpreters and refuses to show actual proof of call length to interpreters. You will be writing tickets in pursuit of call length corrections and correct payment for your services. Many of your tickets will be rejected. You will be routinely short-changed. If you demand payment for vanished minutes/calls, you will be punished with a reduced call volume. If you continue to submit tickets and insist on payment, you will be terminated. In addition, you will be subjected to abuse calls of all kinds. Those calls do not originate from real clients usually. They are internal calls, to intimidate interpreters, under the disguise of quality control. Some other abuse calls are meant to purely abuse for unknown reasons, or to discourage ticket submissions. I do not recommend working for this company."

What don't you like about working at Language Line Services?

"LLS alleges that it has computer glitches that shorten/eliminate calls which have been interpreted. If interpreters don't compare their call length records to the call length records on LLS' Intranet Call Board, which displays interpreted calls, interpreters will not know that they are routinely loosing payments due to alleged computer glitches, which never add minutes/calls, but always shorten/eliminate. The glitches err only in one direction. Also, the Call History Board never displays the end time of a call. LLS' response to the lack of end time of calls on the Call History Board: LLS calculates the call length for interpreters, thus interpreters don't need to calculate call length; therefore exposing the end time of calls on the Call History Board is not necessary. When LLS is asked to deliver proof of call length to the interpreter, LLS refuses to show any documents that may prove actual call length. Contesting call length is limited to writing tickets on the Call History Board ticket system. Interpreters submit tickets in pursuit of call length correction and correct payment. Rejecting tickets has become LLS' preferred response increasingly, thus many interpreted minutes/calls remain unpaid. Given the fact that LLS has over 5,000 interpreters, the losses for interpreters amount to severe volumes, whereas LLS states that LLS had computer glitches for decades and LLS makes no promise as per when or if the alleged computer glitches would be ever fixed. Some past/present LLS employees/contractors stated that they never figured out how LLS calculated the minutes they interpreted. Mystery was one of the comments in this regard. They also stated they never were able to obtain explanations regarding such mysteries. My explanation is that the difference in interpreted minutes and paid minutes generates a profit somewhere. If you interpret for 16 minutes and get paid only for a few seconds, the difference translates into a profit obviously. LLS alleges clients pay for minutes interpreted, but LLS refuses to show such bills. When over 5,000 interpreters are affected by these ongoing losses, the amount of glitch-based profit would be possibly in the Millions. No payments, or at best late payments to interpreters for vanished minutes/calls, whereas this has been going on for years, produce some exorbitant profit. Post your experience here please, so we can compare. Another issue needing exposure here is that LLS has allegedly some abuse callers who call from the UK, Canada, and the USA to abuse female interpreters on the phone by pretending to be a police officer. Interpreters have been informed only about 1 alleged abuse caller from the UK however, not several callers calling from several countries. These abuse callers may happen to know a few private things about the interpreter they target and express profanities and threats to the interpreter in his/her language, though with a foreign accent. These abuse callers also happen to know confidential information of police stations' ID numbers with LLS. When LLS is asked how these alleged abuse callers know such confidential information that is available only to staff members of LLS, LLS states that these callers must be either past or present police station employees. This would mean that there is a group of alleged male ex or current employees of police stations in the UK, Canada, and the USA, who know confidential ID number information with LLS and police stations and call LLS to abuse female interpreters. To me, this does not make any sense, and LLS' explanations do not add up. Is it possible that LLS itself stages these calls, to abuse selected female interpreters Until proven otherwise, I think this is a very valid possibility. What would be the purpose of abusing selected interpreters Intimidated interpreters would not dare to write tickets perhaps Or is there an obscene person at LLS who enjoys these kinds of activities Post your experience please, so we can share information. Others stated that they work in LLS' sweatshops for minimal pay, such as less than $ 4,00 per hour. LLS outsourced its Spanish language coverage to Panama, Dominican Republic, and Puerto Rico precisely for extreme profit reasons. This translates into exploitation of foreign labor force, no doubt. The solution to this problem might be unionizing and collective actions to improve work conditions and wages. Social networking is an excellent tool that can be utilized for such goals. Unfair labor practices, fraud, and abuse can be stopped when appropriate actions are planned and practiced. Thank you very much for reading."

"The management needs to be replaced altogether."

Company Culture 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5
Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5
Work Setting 1 / 5 Person You Work For 1 / 5
Posted 3 years ago

"THIS IS A RETRO VIEW OF MY PERSPECTIVE OF THIS PAST JOB I ENJOYED SO MUCH."

What do you like about working at Language Line Services?

"WORKING WITH PEOPLE AND HELPING THEM UNTIL THEY GOT TO FULFILLED THEIR NEED BECAUSE THAT WAS WHY THEY CALLED US"

"WELL NEVER BE LATE , DO YOUR JOB , EXPECT RECOGNITION AT A LONG RUN AND NOT THE BEST"

What don't you like about working at Language Line Services?

"POOR RECOGNITION IN THE WAY THE MANAGEMENT HANDLED THE GROWTH OF THEIR EMPLOYEES THIS WAS IT."

"NONE , WHAT SO EVER EVERY COMPANY HAS THEIR OWN REGULATION ON WHAT TO PROVIDE TO CUSTOMER AS WELL TO EMPLOYEES"

Spanish Interpreter

What do you like about working at Language Line Services?

"Help people to communicate and express. Learn new terminology."

What don't you like about working at Language Line Services?

"The company does not support the interpreter it's always the interpreter's fault. No raises at all. No opportunities to be promoted. They don't care that the interpreters are who make the money."

"Appreciate the interpreters we are not robots, we think."

Growth Opportunities 1.1 / 5 Way You Work 2.7 / 5 Person You Work For 1 / 5
People You Work With 1.6 / 5 Support You Get 1.5 / 5 Company Culture 1.2 / 5
Rewards You Receive 1.2 / 5 Work Setting 1.2 / 5
Global Center Interpreter
Posted 3 years ago

"If you have no other choice it's an OK place, but don't think about staying too long..."

What do you like about working at Language Line Services?

"No dress code and people are overall friendly... Work is stressfull but 2 days off a week are ok"

"Think of it a stepping stone or as a place where you should only stay for a short time"

What don't you like about working at Language Line Services?

"Double standards from management. No raises!!! not many career growth opportunities. Seniority is not appreciated, you can be replaced anytime by anyone! Salaries are much lower than those in the US. You can't complaint about anything or they simply fire you. You get a new call 4 seconds after finishing your last one"

"Learn to appreciate your employees! Expirience is not something you can buy and a new employee who doesn't even know the protocol can't perform as well as an expirienced interpreter. Stop making up reasons to take away bonuses. Step into an interpreter's shoes for at least a day!"

Portuguese Interpreter

What do you like about working at Language Line Services?

"I loved being able to help people who spoke little English or no English at all to solve their problems with banks, utility companies, insurances, hospitals, airlines, immigration, court ..."

"Have them send you a copy of the contract saying exactly what their promising you when you're hired."

"Not everyone is able to speak a foreign language well. Therefore, value those who do. Value your interpreters."

Director of Global Networks and Business Continuity
Posted 4 years ago in Monterey, CA

"Fast growing company."

What do you like about working at Language Line Services?

"The commitment to technology and the budget to do it right"

"They don't like adding head counts."

"Small Cube"

"None, they appear to have it right."

Teleinterpreter
Posted 4 years ago

"Working as a tele-interpreter was a great learning experience"

What do you like about working at Language Line Services?

"I especially like the calls from the hospital, clinics and social security."

What don't you like about working at Language Line Services?

"I disliked the calls from car insurances and T-mobil"

"Match interpreter to industries of his/her interest, for example a person with a background in social services taking those type of call."

Major Account Executive
Posted this month in Monterey, CA

"Great company to work for!"

What do you like about working at Language Line Services?

"Growth opportunities and great enviroment"

"location"

Spanish Interpreter
Posted 5 years ago

"Easy job, challenging for patience."

"job is at home"

What don't you like about working at Language Line Services?

"Spend too much time sitting."