Kaiser Permanente Reviews

On average, employees at Kaiser Permanente give their company a 3.9 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Kaiser Permanente employees are Pharmacy Assistants submitting an average rating of 4.7 and Programmer Analysts with a rating of 4.5. Browse Kaiser Permanente Reviews by Job Title →

(based on 242 Kaiser Permanente Review Ratings)
Company Culture 3.9
Way You Work 4.0
Work Setting 4.0

418 Kaiser Permanente Company Reviews and Ratings

5.0Posted 7 months ago in Falls Church, VA
"I've worked for Kaiser Permanente for almost 3 years and since I've been there I have always had a good and positive work environment. Co-workers and Kaiser employees are all great to work with and I never have any complaints. I have learned a lot as my time progressed in the company. I can use everything I have learned later in life throughout my career and I am thankful for that."
Project Account Manager
Posted yesterday in Los Angeles, CA

"Tasked with implementation of printer refresh project for 237 nationwide hospitals in 3 years time. By creating a strict guidelines and procedures for the project, we insured the customer a smooth transition. Creating a dedicated team of professionals for installation, service and training. To date, we installed more then 30,000 printers, saving the customer 1.2 million dollars a year in service maintenance and printing costs."

Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
People You Work With 5 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5
Posted last week in Corona, CA

"I worked for Kaiser for almost 7 years. I was proud to work for such a big company."

Way You Work 5 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5
Person You Work For 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Company Culture 2 / 5

Kaiser Permanente (418)

4.8 Highest Rated in this Industry is Harlem Hospital Center (13)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Nightingale Home Healthcare (10)
Posted last week in Pasadena, CA

"Upper management made it difficult to complete job duties as obstacles were always put in the way. Although there are MANY good folks within the group, there were a few that could not be trusted as management looked to find things to use against you. Honesty and integrity lacked within management."

People You Work With 5 / 5 Support You Get 2 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5
Person You Work For 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5
Work Setting 3 / 5 Way You Work 1 / 5
Posted last week in Fresno, CA

"I've worked for Kaiser Permanente for almost seven years; fantastic benefits but inability to promote if you are non-clinical staff. Some departments are better than others in working with those seeking advancement opportunities. There is a tendency to play politics and favorites versus investing in those who want to move up the ranks. If you are considered a valuable employee you should be paid what you are worth and based on performance; however, that is not the case at Kaiser for the union employees are the only ones who seem to matter. Prefer to work with an organization which promotes transparency and invests in their employees instead of being treated like a work horse."

Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 Company Culture 2 / 5 Person You Work For 3 / 5
Work Setting 4 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5
Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5

Average Kaiser Permanente Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Senior Programmer Analyst
Posted last month in Pasadena, CA

"I have worked for Kaiser for several years. They are a wonderful company to be in. Their compensation package is one of the best I have ever seen. There is also very strong job stability. Employee firings are very rare, and layoffs are almost unheard of. They also encourage you to voice your opinions, and let them know how you feel."

Way You Work 5 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
People You Work With 4 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5
Person You Work For 5 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5
Posted last month in Fresno, CA

"Employed with Kaiser Permanente for 5 years; opportunities for growth are limited. Many pros - good people, great benefits; and cons - slow adaption and a lack of incentive for those employees who take pride in their work. Performance based salary does not exist."

Work Setting 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Person You Work For 1 / 5
Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Way You Work 3 / 5 Support You Get 2 / 5
Company Culture 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Posted 3 months ago in Pleasanton, CA

"Great people at KP IT, tools are a bit behind but overall a great place to work. Excellent working schedule and facilities."

People You Work With 5 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
Posted 3 months ago in San Marcos, CA

"Great environment. Co-workers are great to work with. It takes a long time to get new instrumentation into use."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5
Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5
Compliance Auditor
Posted 3 months ago in Pasadena, CA

"I've worked for the company since 2007. Kaiser Permanente Hospital is a big organization which thrives in so many ways. Kaiser monitors diabetes, obesity, screening for colon cancer, breast cancer, hypertension, etc."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5
Growth Opportunities 5 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5
Application Lead
Posted 3 months ago in Pleasanton, CA

"Good to get such a great employer in information technology stream."

Growth Opportunities 4 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Company Culture 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5
People You Work With 4 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5
Posted 3 months ago in Oakland, CA

"Kaiser Permanente is a good company to work for. Because it is so large, there are many opportunities available. It is easy to move around in the organization. Of the three entities that make up the organization, working for TPMG offers best pay."

Company Culture 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5 Way You Work 3 / 5
Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5
Posted 3 months ago in Woodland Hills, CA

"Very stressful job. Not recommended for managerial positions."

Work Setting 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Company Culture 1 / 5
Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Way You Work 2 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Person You Work For 3 / 5
Financial Analyst
Posted 4 months ago in Santa Clara, CA

"The is a very large disjointed organization. The pay and benefits are great, but the management, politics, and slow process to change will drive you nuts. They preach compliance, but are quick to hide everything under the rug."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Way You Work 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5
Person You Work For 1 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Lab Assistant
Posted 4 months ago in Tracy, CA

"I found Kaiser Permanente to be an excellent opportunity and corporation to work for."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5
Way You Work 5 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5
Work Setting 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Posted 4 months ago in Pasadena, CA

"Kaiser is a great place to learn the best in Health care/insurance. But it is also a gigantic company with many stakeholders in any single project. Sometimes it seems too difficult to do simple things. But other times, you get the great feeling that what you have done is the best in the industry."

Company Culture 4 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5