On average, employees at Kaiser Permanente give their company a 3.9 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Kaiser Permanente employees are QA Analysts submitting an average rating of 4.6 and Senior Business Consultants also with a rating of 4.6.

(based on 343 Kaiser Permanente Review Ratings)
"You will never get a vacation. I have been denied a 1 week off for last 7 years. It doesn't matter how much money you make if you cannot get a 1 week off for entire year. How happy can you really be?"
Posted 4 months ago in Fresno, CA
Posted last month in Corona, CA

"A great company to work for, probably the best within the healthcare industry. Great culture. Patient and employee focused. Always innovating and improving."

Rad Technician
Posted 4 months ago in Fresno, CA

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5

Kaiser Permanente (523)

4.8 Highest Rated in this Industry is Harlem Hospital Center (13)
2.1 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Pacific Dental Services (11)
Posted 6 months ago in Wailuku, HI

"I have been working for Kaiser Permanente for the past 7+ years, in the same claims department. This department has currently moved operations to CO. I liked this job; due to the variety within the department. Yes, the same job had to be completed every day; but there seemed to be variety & a challenge."

IT Analyst
Posted 6 months ago in Pleasanton, CA

"It's a strong base with technical variance which can really help career."

Average Kaiser Permanente Ratings in the Past 4 Years

MySQL Database Administrator
Posted 7 months ago in Kensington, MD

"I'm currently working for this company."

Posted 7 months ago in Pleasanton, CA

"I worked at Kaiser Permanente till 2014, The experience was unique and educational, I would not choose to experience this again. The lack of communication and loyalty to the employees and effort to understand individuals' situation or history with their employment, leads to poor employee development."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Patient Representative
Posted 9 months ago in Bakersfield, CA

"Awesome employer to work for."

Posted 9 months ago in Los Angeles, CA

"I've worked for Star Motors since 2011. I've found it to be a strong company with good ethical values and an emphasis on customer retention. One of the best companies out there."

Project Account Manager
Posted 10 months ago in Los Angeles, CA

"Tasked with implementation of printer refresh project for 237 nationwide hospitals in 3 years time. By creating a strict guidelines and procedures for the project, we insured the customer a smooth transition. Creating a dedicated team of professionals for installation, service and training. To date, we installed more then 30,000 printers, saving the customer 1.2 million dollars a year in service maintenance and printing costs."

Posted 10 months ago in Corona, CA

"I worked for Kaiser for almost 7 years. I was proud to work for such a big company."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Posted 10 months ago in Pasadena, CA

"Upper management made it difficult to complete job duties as obstacles were always put in the way. Although there are MANY good folks within the group, there were a few that could not be trusted as management looked to find things to use against you. Honesty and integrity lacked within management."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Posted 10 months ago in Fresno, CA

"I've worked for Kaiser Permanente for almost seven years; fantastic benefits but inability to promote if you are non-clinical staff. Some departments are better than others in working with those seeking advancement opportunities. There is a tendency to play politics and favorites versus investing in those who want to move up the ranks. If you are considered a valuable employee you should be paid what you are worth and based on performance; however, that is not the case at Kaiser for the union employees are the only ones who seem to matter. Prefer to work with an organization which promotes transparency and invests in their employees instead of being treated like a work horse."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Field Application Engineer
Posted 10 months ago in Oakland, CA

"I worked at Kaiser Permanente for over six years, the company is very stable and won't be going anywhere in the future. The policies can seem archaic, because they made so far with them in place. There are departments that strive and work seamlessly, others that work so well. Company discounts are pretty good and pay is great."

Posted 10 months ago in San Leandro, CA

"Worked in a temporary position in a Union setting. The pay is excellent and the system has new equipment. There is a divide between Managers and engineers due the union setting, but overall a great place to work."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Senior Programmer Analyst
Posted 11 months ago in Pasadena, CA

"I have worked for Kaiser for several years. They are a wonderful company to be in. Their compensation package is one of the best I have ever seen. There is also very strong job stability. Employee firings are very rare, and layoffs are almost unheard of. They also encourage you to voice your opinions, and let them know how you feel."