Intertek Group Reviews

(based on 24 Intertek Group Review Ratings)
Company Culture 3.4
Work Setting 3.7

Intertek Group Jobs

32 Intertek Group Company Reviews and Ratings

Posted 3 months ago in Oakdale, MN

"Good company to start your career if you have little experience."

People You Work With 5 / 5 Company Culture 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5
Posted 4 months ago in Houston, TX

"No communication to ensure clarity on company wide goals and objectives, limited trust in employees, and very short term focused.Management needs to seriously reassess its organizational culture and instill a positive team based, value driven, business model that drives a sense of urgency to improve and focus on service quality and delivery.Very limited opportunity for advancement even if performance exceeds expectations/goals/objectives, consistently, year on year.Tread carefully."

Company Culture 1 / 5 Support You Get 1 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Growth Opportunities 1 / 5 Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Way You Work 3 / 5
QA Analyst
Posted 6 months ago in Blue Bell, PA

"I've worked for Intertek since February 2013. Intertek is the industry leader with over 35,000 people in 1,000 locations in over 100 countries. I've found that Intertek is a strong company and it has so many multiple locations all over the world. Intertek is the only test facility authorized to test on every major mobile platforms, including True Brew, Java Verified, MOTOREADY, Microsoft Windows Partner program."

Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5
Company Culture 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
Work Setting 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Posted 6 months ago in Blue Bell, PA

"I worked at Intertek for almost 4 months and was eventually let go, (along with everyone else) because they took on twice as many people and kept losing work. There was no relationship with our supervisor to speak of because we were all contractors and expected to do our jobs and keep up metrics. If they thought you were a decent worker they would have you train other people whom often were being trained for different departments. Not horrible for the money, but not the best either."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 Way You Work 3 / 5
People You Work With 3 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Company Culture 2 / 5

Average Intertek Group Ratings in the Past 4 Years

2010 $2
QA Testing Engineer
Posted 7 months ago in Pleasanton, CA

"I've worked at Intertek for the past two years. The environment was great for a while and I got along well with my immediate supervisors and my co-workers. The pay was sub-par for a QA testing position, most of the people are contractors, and they dangle the idea of being an employee to keep you motivated. The General Manager is my biggest complaint because he regularly violated HR rules and it seems you only get fired for reporting him to HR. As I left it felt like I couldn't trust the management."

Work Setting 1 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5
Person You Work For 5 / 5 Support You Get 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Growth Opportunities 1 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
Posted 10 months ago in Houston, TX

"I worked for Intertek for two years and during that time had to deal with a general lack of policies and procedures throughout the entire department."

People You Work With 3.7 / 5 Support You Get 3.7 / 5 Person You Work For 3.7 / 5
Growth Opportunities 3.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.7 / 5 Way You Work 3.7 / 5
Company Culture 3.7 / 5 Work Setting 3.7 / 5
Sales Manager
Posted this month in Cortland, NY

"A collection of acquired businesses with no corporate culture or core identity."

What do you like about working at Intertek Group?

"The benefits package is above average and the employees are hard-working and dedicated."

"If you are a technical person who wants to have a technical career, Intertek may be adequate. For sales, marketing and business management personnel, you will be very disappointed in this organization. It sees itself as a technical/ engineering company as if that is an excuse for poor service delivery, poor management and disenfranchised sales personnel."

What don't you like about working at Intertek Group?

"Disorganized, weak leadership with no chain of command and multiple personnel with overlapping responsibility/ authority that causes confusion relative to decision making. No plan to integrate the many acquired businesses other than management platitudes directing that it be done."

"Reduce the overwhelming number of management staff and create a recognizable organizational structure. Management is not capable of this."

People You Work With 3 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5 Company Culture 2 / 5
Way You Work 2 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5
Person You Work For 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Field Test Engineer
Posted last year in Pleasanton, CA

"Fun laid back work environment."

What do you like about working at Intertek Group?

"Nobody looking over your shoulder while you're working and input is always welcomed."

"Be yourself, so when you do get in to the company you don't have to be two faced."

What don't you like about working at Intertek Group?

"Upper management only seeing the little people as just numbers instead of real people."

"Hire people who deserves it, people who has been with the company since the beginning."

Way You Work 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5
Senior Java Architect
Posted last year in Houston, TX

What do you like about working at Intertek Group?

"Lots of opportunities and challenging work. Get opportunities to work with latest techonologies."

What don't you like about working at Intertek Group?

"Too much dynamics and out sourcing to offshore companies. Some times working offline with India is very hard and time consuming."

"Get the team to work together and sovling problem as a team. Solving the problem once and reapply the same solution to all web base projects."

Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Company Culture 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5
Technical Manager
Posted 2 years ago

What do you like about working at Intertek Group?

"I prefer working in a company with good organization and acceptance of many cultures."

"Collect information about the company which you are looking for and be smart and polite during your interview."

"Have good organization and accept all the comments from junior staff, as well as be open-minded with acceptance of many suggestions."

People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Way You Work 3 / 5 Person You Work For 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5
Testing Technician
Posted 2 years ago in Livonia, MI

"I did gain some knowledge about testing apparatus"

What do you like about working at Intertek Group?

"Intertek was a registered electrical testing Laboratory which was an industry I wanted to work for."

"Hang in there, it is a good place to work"

What don't you like about working at Intertek Group?

"Intertek did not have a lot of documentation on their test procedures"

"Start using blueprints, wiring diagrams, or schematics to improve testing and assist employees"

Support You Get 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Person You Work For 2 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5
Work Setting 3 / 5 Way You Work 2 / 5
Application Engineer
Posted 2 years ago in Pleasanton, CA

"I've worked on every project that we recieved."

What do you like about working at Intertek Group?

"its a good company to start out with to gain some experiences."

"There might not be work here 40 hours a week sometimes."

What don't you like about working at Intertek Group?

"Been offered perm position several times and never got the position after 6 years."

"I have no suggestions for management thing there one of the best I ever worked for."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5
Company Culture 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5
People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Administrative Assistant
Posted 2 years ago in Grand Rapids, MI

What do you like about working at Intertek Group?

"The benefits package is oustanding, and our management teams are strong and reliable."

"The pay is not exceptional, promotions rarely happen, but Intertek makes up for it in lots of other ways!!! It really is a great company to work for!"

What don't you like about working at Intertek Group?

"Very little room for growth - most people in management do not leave their positions, and new positions rarely open."

"I am pretty open with management, so I do not have any real suggestions."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Support You Get 4.5 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5
Software QA Engineer
Posted 2 years ago in Blue Bell, PA

What do you like about working at Intertek Group?

"I most enjoyed the hours of my 7 AM to 3 PM shift Monday through Friday. I also enjoyed the casual dress code."

"It s a good place for you to work if you fit in one of the cliques. If not, or if you are independent, it probably is not the place for you to work."

What don't you like about working at Intertek Group?

"I did not enjoy that upper management says one thing and does something else. They make statements and do not follow through on them. To just treat people like they mean nothing in such a bad economy is terrible."

"Stick to your word and do not deceive people. If you promise that you will address employees if there are problems, then do it."

Growth Opportunities 1 / 5 Company Culture 2 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5