H&R Block Reviews

On average, employees at H&R Block give their company a 4.2 rating out of 5.0 - which is 10% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest H&R Block employees are Customer Service Representatives submitting an average rating of 5.0 and Senior Tax Advisors with a rating of 4.8. Browse H&R Block Reviews by Job Title →

(based on 149 H&R Block Review Ratings)
Company Culture 4.1
Support You Get 4.3
Way You Work 4.4
Work Setting 4.2
Posted 5 months ago in Kaysville, UT

"I have worked for HRB for 5 years and have had several opportunities to move up. I have enjoyed each challenge and grown with each opportunity. I am excited to continue to have these opportunities and feel that HRB would be a great choice for someone who can work hard and prove their worth."

288 H&R Block Company Reviews and Ratings

Posted this month in Fremont, CA

"I taught, represented in audits, and managed tax operations for 5 years with H&R Block. I was also technical support for installing, purchasing and hands on for computers and LAN for 20 offices."

Posted this month in Everett, WA

"I've only been with H and R Block for a few weeks, but can attest to the extensiveness of the tax preparation training. Very diverse group of employees, and is a lot of fun to work."

H&R Block (288)

4.2 Highest Rated in this Industry is H&R Block (288)
2.0 Lowest Rated in this Industry is alliantgroup (6)
Posted 2 months ago in Columbus, GA

"I've worked for HR Block for two tax years. You learn a lot!"

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Posted 4 months ago in Roswell, GA

"I've worked for HR Block for a year and it has been an up and down experience, but it's a good place to start off on your own."

Average H&R Block Ratings in the Past 4 Years

QA Manager
Posted 5 months ago in Kaysville, UT

Posted 6 months ago in Fayetteville, AR

"The printer was older than me."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Customer Service Representative
Posted 6 months ago in Bell, CA

"I've worked with H&R Block for a couple of months and I learned so much about their company. It's a big company and has great opportunities for anybody. As my first job it was a great experience. I learned how to multi task, achieve my goals and work as team. Everybody there was friendly and mostly made you feel at home and welcome. I enjoyed working with H&R Block Company. If later on in the future there is an opening position I would love to go back as an employee."

Posted 6 months ago in Las Vegas, NV

"Excellent to work for as a seasonal employee."

Posted 7 months ago in Cookeville, TN

"2014 was my first tax season with HRB and I enjoyed it. The work was challenging but satisfying, and enjoyed working with my co-workers and manager."

Posted 8 months ago in Syracuse, UT

"I would never recommend working for H&R Block as a developer. My immediate team members and director were awesome people and I loved working with them but the corporate environment is extremely toxic. All praises while you're killing yourself for them and then a knife in the back when the work is done. Four rounds of layoffs in five years should be indication enough that they are not worth working for."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Technical Support Specialist
Posted 8 months ago in San Diego, CA

"I've worked with Block for about 2 years and I would say I enjoy the environment and the people I'm surrounded by every day, makes work a lot more enjoyable. I also enjoy the type of work I handle every day and with the staff it makes it easier to get by."

Posted 9 months ago in Boca Raton, FL

"Worked for 6 months and the job was a seasonal job."

Posted 9 months ago in Durham, NC

"I've worked with H&R Block since 2010. They make sure that their tax professionals are educated and understand the laws of taxes. Some say that the fees charged are a little over priced, and salaries of associates are underpaid."

Posted 10 months ago in Kansas City, MO

"H&R Block is an enigma. There is so much potential yet the company cannot innovate to save its life. It is full of professionals who only desire to keep their jobs and never achieve greatness. Like a government office, people do the minimum to get by and never risk being noticed by being bold. The leadership has an ivory tower approach and their locked-down, security laden top floor proves this. The company is only focused on shareholder value while clients and employees suffer."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
AVP of Finance
Posted 11 months ago in Kaysville, UT

"Company is really good at doing the business that they know and have been serving for decades, but struggles with pushing innovation throughout the organization. New ideas and strategies are not typically embraced, though a lot of lip service is given to it. Business Strategy needs an overhaul. The company treats employees very fairly, actually better than fairly, and communicates regularly with employees."