On average, employees at H&R Block give their company a 4.1 rating out of 5.0 - which is 8% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest H&R Block employees are Account Executives submitting an average rating of 4.8 and Senior Tax Advisors also with a rating of 4.8.

(based on 187 H&R Block Review Ratings)
"I have worked for HRB for 5 years and have had several opportunities to move up. I have enjoyed each challenge and grown with each opportunity. I am excited to continue to have these opportunities and feel that HRB would be a great choice for someone who can work hard and prove their worth."
Posted about a year ago in Kaysville, UT
Tax Specialist
Posted last month in Cape Coral, FL

"Do not work for this company. You will be expected to work many hours during tax season and for minimum wage. They will dangle a bonus in front of you, which you possibly will earn if you can meet the impossibly inhumane tasks assigned to you. I worked here for several years and every year I'd just meet my expectations only to return the next tax season to find them increased dramatically. To make matters even worse, my office manager was stealing my established clients, a fact I was not even aware of until late in the tax season. Needless to say, I was completely heartbroken by my treatment and the supposed camaraderie of the company."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Posted 4 months ago in Kansas City, MO

"I've been the company for a few years. the bonuses have been decent, though in prior years bonuses were non-existent. The ability to move up depends on both the department you work in, and willingness to look for positions in other departments of yours had little potential. The CFO has taking strides to reduce expenses significantly over the past few years, sometimes at the reduction of employee benefits."

H&R Block (328)

4.2 Highest Rated in this Industry is Jackson Hewitt (69)
2.0 Lowest Rated in this Industry is alliantgroup (6)
Posted 5 months ago in Redmond, WA

"Excellent experience with the company. Wish it was a full time job."

Tax Associate
Posted 6 months ago in Charlottesville, VA

"I started the course with then and then they hired me to make taxes in the tax season, I enjoy doing that because I do it part time."

Average H&R Block Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Tax Professional
Posted 6 months ago in Kansas City, MO

"Don't have much data handy, but a great company with a customer oriented model. One of the largest seasonal part time employers in the country. An established name in tax preparation for people of any area of operation, business or else. Have a great training system so that even with no background you become tax preparer. Thus a grand business model."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Posted 6 months ago in Garland, TX

"I worked there for one tax season and really enjoyed it. Management was friendly and professional. I was praised and had a good review at the end of the season."

Posted 6 months ago in San Diego, CA

"It's been almost a decade and I'm still doing the same job I was doing on day one. I've gone through numerous managers and survived corporate restructuring several times. I can't complain about the benefits (time off and sick time accrual is generous) and it's nice to be able to work from home, but the company doesn't reward the "grunts" very well when it comes to pay. Getting a promotion is all about who you know, not how well you do your job. Overall it's not a bad place to work, I just wish the pay were better."

Posted 7 months ago in Delray Beach, FL

"I work for H&R Block for 11 years and enjoy working with clients to help them do their tax returns."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Posted 8 months ago in Fremont, CA

"I taught, represented in audits, and managed tax operations for 5 years with H&R Block. I was also technical support for installing, purchasing and hands on for computers and LAN for 20 offices."

Posted 8 months ago in Everett, WA

"I've only been with H and R Block for a few weeks, but can attest to the extensiveness of the tax preparation training. Very diverse group of employees, and is a lot of fun to work."

Posted 10 months ago in Columbus, GA

"I've worked for HR Block for two tax years. You learn a lot!"

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Posted 12 months ago in Roswell, GA

"I've worked for HR Block for a year and it has been an up and down experience, but it's a good place to start off on your own."

QA Manager
Posted last year in Kaysville, UT

Posted last year in Fayetteville, AR

"The printer was older than me."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Customer Service Representative
Posted last year in Bell, CA

"I've worked with H&R Block for a couple of months and I learned so much about their company. It's a big company and has great opportunities for anybody. As my first job it was a great experience. I learned how to multi task, achieve my goals and work as team. Everybody there was friendly and mostly made you feel at home and welcome. I enjoyed working with H&R Block Company. If later on in the future there is an opening position I would love to go back as an employee."