Hewlett-Packard Reviews Browse Hewlett-Packard Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at Hewlett-Packard give their company a 3.9 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Hewlett-Packard employees are Project Managers submitting an average rating of 4.8 and Senior Developers with a rating of 4.5.

(based on 438 Hewlett-Packard Review Ratings)
Company Culture 3.8
Growth Opportunities 3.3
People You Work With 4.3
Person You Work For 4.1
Rewards You Receive 3.6
Support You Get 3.8
Way You Work 4.1
Work Setting 3.9
"I have been employed by Hewlett Packard since April of 2008. The organization that I work for is stable. The company currently has a work force of roughly 240,000 employees. We receive a yearly bonus, 401k employer match benefits program, and a few other perks. I love being a hardware design engineer and the work I do on a daily basis is pretty challenging."
Posted 10 months ago in Houston, TX

526 Hewlett-Packard Company Reviews and Ratings Browse Hewlett-Packard Reviews by Job Title →

Posted 17 hours ago in El Paso, TX

"Strong company and it is a big company with mature procedures, good place to work, the salary is not competitive due it is located near the border."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Posted a day ago in Sunnyvale, CA

Hewlett-Packard (526)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Intersil (8)
2.5 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Methode Electronics (8)
Posted this week in Pontiac, MI

"It is a good company to work for."

Senior Developer
Posted this week

"HP is a great company and I enjoyed working at HP."

Average Hewlett-Packard Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Developer Intern
Posted this week in Vancouver, WA

"Quick pace environment. Good opportunity for learning and career development."

Posted this week in Herndon, VA

"Was an OK place to work."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Hardware Design Engineer
Posted last week in Houston, TX

"HP sucks, especially the ETD Group. Avoid job opening numbers 1317005 and 1286505! Pros... Most of the management has very nice cars, sail-boats, mansions, etc. You can get there, too, especially if money is more important to you than ethics. Cons... ETD group in Houston has openings 1317005 and 1286505, which I would avoid like the plague. 1286505 especially is what I would call a "galvanic anode" opening. Just as a galvanic anode is a piece of dissimilar metal tacked onto the metallic structure of a building or a boat's hull, to protect the structure from corrosion, by attracting the corrosion to this anode, these openings are there for the purpose of attracting the next round of layoffs. Protecting the long-time-there, job veterans, that is. 2 people in that latter slot have now been laid off, while the others (senior ranking engineers), always stay. The senior ranking engineers will keep it that way, by whatever methods they can get away with. The office politics there is the 2nd worst I have ever seen in more than 30 years in the EE business. Advice to management... Take the amount of effort that you devote to chasing money-power-status, money-power-status, and take just 5% or 10% of that effort, and use it, to instead pay attention to running the company."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Technology Consultant
Posted last week in Pontiac, MI

"I loved working at HP, and I worked with some of the best teams in the company. The only complaint I have is that they terminated my contract with less than five hours notice on December 5, 2014 (yes, twenty days before Christmas) because of budget cuts. HP is struggling right now, so be careful. As a contractor you have no guarantee that you will be there for the original duration of your contract."

Posted last week in Palo Alto, CA

"I've worked for HP since 2010. It is a good place to work. Remote work is an option. The benefits are good and the employees are knowledgeable."

Posted last week in Houston, TX

"Good company for learn and growth. But you need to move and increase your experience."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Posted last week in Troy, MI

"I worked with HP for 2 years and while the work environment was very good and the support from the management team was excellent, the pay was dramatically lower than what the market offered. This is a good place to build experience, however, once you have that experience, they don't compensate to enable good, motivated people to stay."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Executive Assistant
Posted last week in Palo Alto, CA

"On October 6, 2014, Hewlett-Packard announced plans to split the PC and printers business from its enterprise products and services business. The split is expected to close by October 2015 and will result in two publicly traded companies: Hewlett-Packard Enterprise and HP, Inc. I worked for HP for 15 years and needless to say, this company is definitely going through some changes right now."

Posted last month in Fort Collins, CO

"Management by spreadsheet is no way to create a positive company culture or instill a defined sense of company worth for the people you employ. Excellent beginning opportunities but get out while you have a soul."

Posted last month in Mexico, MO

"I've worked with HP for 2 years and I must say it is one of the most challenging learning opportunities I ever had."

Information Services Developer
Posted last month in The Colony, TX

"Very unorganized. Regional manager didn't care if we were struggling with our projects or not. Hiring manager was very uninformed with how IT works. Technology used was very outdated."