Hewlett-Packard Reviews Browse Hewlett-Packard Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at Hewlett-Packard give their company a 3.8 rating out of 5.0 - which is equal to the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Hewlett-Packard employees are Project Managers submitting an average rating of 4.8 and Business Systems Analysts with a rating of 4.6.

(based on 461 Hewlett-Packard Review Ratings)
Company Culture 3.8
Growth Opportunities 3.2
People You Work With 4.3
Person You Work For 4.1
Rewards You Receive 3.5
Support You Get 3.8
Way You Work 4.0
Work Setting 3.8
"I've worked at HP for a number of years now, as a contractor in this latest stint, but previously, as a full-time employee.The culture at HP has changed over time. I remember it as a friendly, congenial atmosphere, rather like one big, happy family.At present, the company is still interested in hiring the best and brightest recent graduates, which I admire. But the willingness to separate and compartmentalize important product development functions may hurt them in the end."
Posted 10 months ago in Fort Collins, CO

549 Hewlett-Packard Company Reviews and Ratings Browse Hewlett-Packard Reviews by Job Title →

Posted a day ago in Roseville, CA

"I have worked for Hewlett Packard for over 27 years. Since the company began hiring outside people for the CEO position, and buying technology instead of inventing it, the "HP Way", which is to develop its people as its strongest asset, is no longer present. People are laid off, and 2 months later new people are hired for the same job. Management no longer cares about its people, just what Wall Street thinks."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Posted this week in Corvallis, OR

"They appear to be moving in the right direction again, not sure if it will continue."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5

Hewlett-Packard (549)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Intersil (8)
2.5 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Methode Electronics (8)
IT Help Desk Agent
Posted this week in Pontiac, MI

"HP is a nice place to work but we are under paid for the job that we do."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Systems Analyst
Posted this week in Spokane, WA

"I worked for HP at Avista Corporation doing 3rd tier desktop support. I would not suggest working for HP at Avista as the micromanaging from two different management teams was stifling."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5

Average Hewlett-Packard Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Posted last week in Conway, AR

"I worked for HP in inside sales. What a great company to work for! Training was incredible and strong peer-to-peer support. Excellent work environment with high expectations in customer satisfaction. Would definitely recommend the company to all."

Posted last week in Chicago, IL

"Autonomy is still going through absorption into Hewlett-Packard. Despite Hewlett-Packard's split into two companies, it is a solid enterprise. Autonomy, however, is in a great position in the market, but is very chaotic in its operation. True training is unheard of and a "churn and burn" attitude is taken towards its technical staff."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Posted last week in Chicago, IL

"Strong company and comfortable working environment."

Posted last week in Fort Collins, CO

"Great company. But sometimes it is very sad that a lot of turnover happens in various teams. Often good people leave for other companies and the teams are left with new and inexperienced managers."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Engineering Consultant
Posted this month in Pontiac, MI

"I love the people I worked with at HP. Very smart and capable. But the procedures stifle the creative nature of engineers. The company leadership at the top level makes decisions that affect people based purely on numbers that will help the short term but will destroy the quality over the long run. The company left so many people go that were great workers making the company money, but the thought was find someone overseas to do the work cheaper. So 15 year vets are replaced with people that don't know anything. The companies that we worked for notice the results have changed right away. Since the savings are not passed down to them they're not happy. Very shortsighted."

Posted this month in Andover, MA

"I spent two years with Hewlett-Packard, and it was an interesting experience. Management was very hands-off and let you go at your own pace for the most part. And there was always plenty to do, so I was never bored."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Posted this month in Palo Alto, CA

"HP is not a great place to be right now. Too many transitions and layoffs. The people there are amazing. The management and how they treat people is sub par."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Solutions Architect
Posted this month in San Jose, CA

"I started with HP in 2010, with The PSO software team, while most people believe that HP is large corporation, but within the software team we are close group."

Posted this month in Cerritos, CA

"I've worked for HP for some time now. I've found that they are working hard to deliver great results for our customers. However, I've also found that opportunities can be limited within a growth path, and salary increases for employees in my division have not been satisfactory over the past several years, even for exceptional employees."

Posted this month in Madison, WI

"HP Enterprise Services supports Medicaid in numerous states in the US. It makes for interesting work relating to dedicated staff at the State seeking to serve the population well. HP in Wisconsin (and its predecessor EDS) has supported Wisconsin's Medicaid System for 37 years. Technical positions are almost entirely contracted through TekSystems, Inc."

Posted this month in Sunnyvale, CA

"I have worked for HP for many years. I find it is at times hard to get things done. I am disappointed in the management and their fairness to the employees. There is a lot of favoritism. In all the years I have had only two good managers."