Home Depot
3.8 (682)
Industry: Building Materials and Garden Equipment - HQ: Atlanta, GA

Home Depot Reviews

On average, employees at Home Depot give their company a 3.8 rating out of 5.0 - which is equal to the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Home Depot employees are Sales Representatives submitting an average rating of 4.8 and HR Managers with a rating of 4.7.

(based on 360 Home Depot Review Ratings)
Company Culture 3.7
Work Setting 3.8
Home Depot JobsView All »

682 Home Depot Company Reviews and Ratings

4.6Posted 3 months ago in Dallas, TX
"I've worked for The Home Depot for about 8 months. Started in the summer. Not a good time to start if working as a Lot Associate but the pay is compensating. The supervisors do reward you for your hard work. Maybe not as often as you would like but they'll notice it. The only difficult part about working for The Home Depot is handling some of the customers. The best skill I recommend you to have is perseverance and patience. The rest will come to you smoothly in time."
Associate
Posted last week in Bloomfield, CT

"I worked for The Home Depot in Bloomfield, CT as a seasonal garden employee. While the job was actually pretty enjoyable, I found our store to be chronically understaffed, to the point where getting the job done was reliant on causing other employees to not get theirs done. Furthermore, with certain resources being reliant on certified co-workers, I usually found my customers to be beyond irate due to waiting for their purchases. However, the pay was amazing given the position."

Way You Work 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5 Person You Work For 3 / 5
Growth Opportunities 4 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Support You Get 2 / 5
Company Culture 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5

Home Depot (682)

4.2 Highest Rated in this Industry is National Sales Co. (11)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Harbor Freight Tools (13)
Associate
Posted last week in Brentwood, TN

"2 years working at Home Depot and found the company to be good at letting you do your job. Scheduling schedules could use some improving. Very progressive company for products and computer systems to work with. Great for part time work."

People You Work With 5 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5
Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5
Person You Work For 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5

Average Home Depot Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Posted last week in Atlanta, GA

"Despite the reputation of the Home Depot as being "a meat-grinder" of corporate careers, I found the environment to be wide-open for expanding my career ambitions. The ability to move across functional areas is almost unheard of in most companies. One could theoretically change industries and careers within the same building, for example one could be an IT professional and change jobs to begin a career in Finance, Merchandising, Business Operations, Logistic, and even Legal, if jobs are open."

Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Way You Work 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5

5 Reviewers
"great people"
8 Reviewers
Posted this month in Sterling Heights, MI

"Over all, not the worst place to work. It definitely depends on the store location and managers. I've been at the Warren location for 7 years and haven't moved departments or been promoted."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5 Way You Work 3 / 5
Person You Work For 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5
Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Paint Specialist
Posted this month in Hialeah, FL

"Home Depot is an okay company to work for."

Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5
Person You Work For 4 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5
Work Setting 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Posted this month in Orange, CA

"Bad management, no respect for associates or their job, a lot of favoritism."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Company Culture 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5
Way You Work 1 / 5 Person You Work For 1 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Growth Opportunities 1 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5
Posted last month in Marina del Rey, CA

"The job is what it is, if you get bored easy then being a greeter is not the job for you. If you don't like being nice to people then this position is not for you. It is pretty easy, but you do have to know the whole store and about some of the product and promotions. Overall working at the store is okay. I feel like management could care a little more about their employees. And they need to have more people on staff at all times, the store can get pretty busy."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Way You Work 3 / 5
Posted last month in Warner Robins, GA

"Honestly, I'm enjoying my job at Home Depot. I've only been there for about 95 days, and I've received 5 Homer Badges, along with 2 decent promotions. Just like most places, you have to exceed expectations in order to get recognized, not just meet them. I would like to see better communication though, throughout the entire store. I also see too many damn pumpkin patches standing around during the week days, the managers complain about overtime, but don't seem to be cutting their hours at all."

Way You Work 5 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
People You Work With 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5
Posted last month in Vinings, GA

"Great place to work at. I have learned so much."

Work Setting 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5
Growth Opportunities 5 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5
People You Work With 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5
Posted last month in Clinton, MS

"It is a good job but need more communication."

Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5
Work Setting 4 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
People You Work With 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5
Posted last month in Irvine, CA

"I work as a "design consultant" in the customer's home to sell cabinet refacing, countertops, backslashes and bathroom acrylic liners, closet and garage organizers. The company values are not reflected in the Home Depot Interiors (HDI) group, which was acquired (US Remodelers) in 2012 and uses "bait and switch" and "drop anchor" one-call close tactics to manipulate customers to buy TODAY, when they were expecting a "design consultant" to help them pick colors, styles, etc. for their project."

Work Setting 5 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Support You Get 1 / 5
Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Company Culture 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Way You Work 1 / 5 Person You Work For 1 / 5
Posted last month in Surprise, AZ

"It is an outstanding company to work for. The politics can be challenging to sync with but the Associates in the store are some of the finest employees you could ever work with."

Way You Work 3 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
People You Work With 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5
Posted 2 months ago in Vinings, GA

"Working as a contractor at Home Depot in IT is very difficult. You have no control of your projects and there is a hierarchy structure where you cannot reach out to anyone above your pay grade. The contractors are treated like you work in a sweat house."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Company Culture 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Work Setting 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5
Way You Work 1 / 5 Person You Work For 3 / 5
Department Supervisor
Posted 2 months ago in Pell City, AL

"I started with Home Depot in April 2006. I was hired in as Department Supervisor, later was selected as one of three MOD, as MOD I was given keys to store and added responsibilities from verifying vault to opening and closing store. I also dealt with customer issues along with working thru every department within store in making sure store was ready for customers to shop. I transferred into a new division with company that traveled and help stores merchandise product and reset for vendors."

Way You Work 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
People You Work With 4 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
Work Setting 3 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5
Cashier
Posted 2 months ago in Scottsboro, AL

"I've worked with Home Depot since February 2014. I consider this to be an excellent job considering that you can make a career out of it if you wanted. One of my favorite things about my job is the technology that is offered. I have excellent co-workers and bosses."

Work Setting 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5