Home Depot Reviews

On average, employees at Home Depot give their company a 3.8 rating out of 5.0 - which is equal to the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Home Depot employees are Sales Representatives submitting an average rating of 4.8 and HR Managers with a rating of 4.7. Browse Home Depot Reviews by Job Title →

(based on 369 Home Depot Review Ratings)
Company Culture 3.7
Way You Work 4.0
Work Setting 3.8

696 Home Depot Company Reviews and Ratings

4.6Posted 6 months ago in Dallas, TX
"I've worked for The Home Depot for about 8 months. Started in the summer. Not a good time to start if working as a Lot Associate but the pay is compensating. The supervisors do reward you for your hard work. Maybe not as often as you would like but they'll notice it. The only difficult part about working for The Home Depot is handling some of the customers. The best skill I recommend you to have is perseverance and patience. The rest will come to you smoothly in time."
Posted this week in Atlanta, GA

"I found this job to be relatively laid back. The job does not require a lot of work, just a willingness to help customers when needed."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5
Company Culture 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5
Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5
Posted last week in Atlanta, GA

"I've worked for Home Depot for nearly 20 years in Oregon. I've been through a lot of ups and downs with the company and we strive to take care of our hourly employees well. District and sometimes regional management can be a bit too focused on turnover as a positive thing among the salaried ranks. I've seen many Store Managers come and go and have been on the pressure end of having to let someone go even though you know it isn't the "right" thing to do. I have a feeling that my time will be coming soon as well. There are not too many people who make it to a retirement age at the salaried level unless you get into a support role outside of the store."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5 Way You Work 3 / 5
Company Culture 2 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5

Home Depot (696)

4.2 Highest Rated in this Industry is National Sales Co. (11)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Harbor Freight Tools (14)
Posted this month in Aiken, SC

"I worked for Home Depot for 6 years. They have strong customer service values and help associates as best they can. There is a system in place to help struggling associates. They provide good benefits."

Way You Work 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5
Person You Work For 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
UI Developer
Posted this month in Atlanta, GA

"Worked for the company for 2 years and has been a great place to work as a UI developer."

Growth Opportunities 5 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5

Average Home Depot Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Sales Associate
Posted this month in Lake Charles, LA

"I worked for Home Depot a year and half and I found it very interesting. It helped me learn how to manage customers, the happy ones and the angry ones. I enjoyed my time working for this company."

Work Setting 5 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
People You Work With 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5
Cashier
Posted last month in Beaverton, OR

"This was a great experience to work with these guys, I learned how to work with others and customers. I became a better employee for working here."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5 Way You Work 2 / 5
Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
People You Work With 4 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5
Associate
Posted 3 months ago in Bloomfield, CT

"I worked for The Home Depot in Bloomfield, CT as a seasonal garden employee. While the job was actually pretty enjoyable, I found our store to be chronically understaffed, to the point where getting the job done was reliant on causing other employees to not get theirs done. Furthermore, with certain resources being reliant on certified co-workers, I usually found my customers to be beyond irate due to waiting for their purchases. However, the pay was amazing given the position."

Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Person You Work For 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
People You Work With 2 / 5 Support You Get 2 / 5 Company Culture 2 / 5
Way You Work 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Associate
Posted 3 months ago in Brentwood, TN

"2 years working at Home Depot and found the company to be good at letting you do your job. Scheduling schedules could use some improving. Very progressive company for products and computer systems to work with. Great for part time work."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
People You Work With 5 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5
Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Posted 3 months ago in Atlanta, GA

"Despite the reputation of the Home Depot as being "a meat-grinder" of corporate careers, I found the environment to be wide-open for expanding my career ambitions. The ability to move across functional areas is almost unheard of in most companies. One could theoretically change industries and careers within the same building, for example one could be an IT professional and change jobs to begin a career in Finance, Merchandising, Business Operations, Logistic, and even Legal, if jobs are open."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Way You Work 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5
Posted 3 months ago in Sterling Heights, MI

"Over all, not the worst place to work. It definitely depends on the store location and managers. I've been at the Warren location for 7 years and haven't moved departments or been promoted."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5 Way You Work 3 / 5
Person You Work For 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5
Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Paint Specialist
Posted 3 months ago in Hialeah, FL

"Home Depot is an okay company to work for."

Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5
Person You Work For 4 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5
Work Setting 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Posted 3 months ago in Orange, CA

"Bad management, no respect for associates or their job, a lot of favoritism."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Company Culture 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5
Way You Work 1 / 5 Person You Work For 1 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Growth Opportunities 1 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5
Posted 4 months ago in Marina del Rey, CA

"The job is what it is, if you get bored easy then being a greeter is not the job for you. If you don't like being nice to people then this position is not for you. It is pretty easy, but you do have to know the whole store and about some of the product and promotions. Overall working at the store is okay. I feel like management could care a little more about their employees. And they need to have more people on staff at all times, the store can get pretty busy."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Way You Work 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Posted 4 months ago in Warner Robins, GA

"Honestly, I'm enjoying my job at Home Depot. I've only been there for about 95 days, and I've received 5 Homer Badges, along with 2 decent promotions. Just like most places, you have to exceed expectations in order to get recognized, not just meet them. I would like to see better communication though, throughout the entire store. I also see too many damn pumpkin patches standing around during the week days, the managers complain about overtime, but don't seem to be cutting their hours at all."

Way You Work 5 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
People You Work With 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5
Posted 4 months ago in Vinings, GA

"Great place to work at. I have learned so much."

Work Setting 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5