On average, employees at Home Depot give their company a 3.8 rating out of 5.0 - which is equal to the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Home Depot employees are HR Managers submitting an average rating of 4.7 and Project Designers with a rating of 4.5.

(based on 506 Home Depot Review Ratings)
"I've worked for The Home Depot for about 8 months. Started in the summer. Not a good time to start if working as a Lot Associate but the pay is compensating. The supervisors do reward you for your hard work. Maybe not as often as you would like but they'll notice it. The only difficult part about working for The Home Depot is handling some of the customers. The best skill I recommend you to have is perseverance and patience. The rest will come to you smoothly in time."
Posted 2 years ago in Dallas, TX
in Mira Loma, CA

"Lots of accountability across the board for: meetings, reports, assisting other departments when short staffed (frequent occurrence), event planning, PK scheduling, vendor handling, training, credit driving/training, lead getting/training, lead follow-ups, customer issues related to all leads, system glitches that require extensive follow up with vendors, product knowledge, and a host of other responsibilities. Little to no training provided. Very little money for the work involved."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Rockford, IL

"Great company to work for. They really value their people and treat you like family."

Home Depot (946)

4.2 Highest Rated in this Industry is National Sales Co. (12)
2.8 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Harbor Freight Tools (17)
Sales Associate
in Springfield, MO

"I have worked there 2 years and only make $9.24 hour. I think that an employee with great ratings should be making $12 to $16 per hour. Look what employees are making elsewhere or here in Springfield. Management does not want you to discuss your wages with other employees. What are they afraid of? Good company except for the pay."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Waite Park, MN

"Overall a great retailer to work for."

Average Home Depot Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in Pawtucket, RI

"I have worked for the company for the last two years now and have busted my ass for it at the beginning. I figured if I worked hard and learned how to use some of the machines and got be able to use them really well I would have gotten a good raise. So after staying late and working really hard and sweating/freezing depending on the weather after a year I only received a slap in the face of a raise of 22 cents. Even after having top performer scores and 'Valued Associate' ratings."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
SAP Consultant

"It was a good experience working with HD Supply."

Technical Lead

"I have worked with Home Depot in the IT security domain. I feel that the company is very vast and has excellent customer service. I would recommend to anyone."

Home Depot Employee

"Fantastic place to work. You can work there for the rest of your life if you so chose."

in Madison, WI

"Great company to work for, worked in 5 different stores and have gained friends for life from all of them. The company really takes care of the managers and associates. It was the best company I've ever worked for."

in Glen Mills, PA

"I have worked at Home Depot for 2 years now and everything from its environment to its managers are above the standard of other companies in its type."

in Frisco, TX

"I have worked for The Home Depot for four years in several different areas: Sales/Cashier/Customer Service and Bookkeeper."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Home Depot Employee

"The Home Depot is one of the best top employers in Canada. It has a respectful atmosphere. And you'll learn a lot from training."

Outside Sales Consultant
in Newnan, GA

"I have worked for Home Depot since April, 2014. I have consistently requested training materials from my Sales Manager and yet I still have not received them. They are critical to perform my job."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Sales Representative
in Ridley Park, PA

"Working for Home Depot has given me the opportunity to maintain great customer service attributes. I remain updated on products within and outside my department as the company gives us the access to expand our knowledge base. Associates are given the resources to learn and grow not just as employees but Home Depot also assists in uplifting associates as people."

Sales Department Associate
in Peachtree City, GA

"I have been with The Home Depot since March of last year. They strive on providing the best retail experience in their industry while creating lasting loyal customer relationships. Throughout my time at Home Depot I have seen that working for a company with strong values and morals is what I seek in any future company I work for."