On average, employees at Home Depot give their company a 3.8 rating out of 5.0 - which is equal to the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Home Depot employees are HR Managers submitting an average rating of 4.7 and Project Designers with a rating of 4.5.

(based on 503 Home Depot Review Ratings)
"I've worked for The Home Depot for about 8 months. Started in the summer. Not a good time to start if working as a Lot Associate but the pay is compensating. The supervisors do reward you for your hard work. Maybe not as often as you would like but they'll notice it. The only difficult part about working for The Home Depot is handling some of the customers. The best skill I recommend you to have is perseverance and patience. The rest will come to you smoothly in time."
Posted about a year ago in Dallas, TX
Posted 5 months ago in Waite Park, MN

"Overall a great retailer to work for."

Posted 5 months ago in Pawtucket, RI

"I have worked for the company for the last two years now and have busted my ass for it at the beginning. I figured if I worked hard and learned how to use some of the machines and got be able to use them really well I would have gotten a good raise. So after staying late and working really hard and sweating/freezing depending on the weather after a year I only received a slap in the face of a raise of 22 cents. Even after having top performer scores and 'Valued Associate' ratings."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5

Home Depot (943)

4.2 Highest Rated in this Industry is National Sales Co. (12)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Rain Bird (15)
SAP Consultant
Posted 6 months ago in Atlanta, GA

"It was a good experience working with HD Supply."

Technical Lead
Posted 6 months ago in Atlanta, GA

"I have worked with Home Depot in the IT security domain. I feel that the company is very vast and has excellent customer service. I would recommend to anyone."

Average Home Depot Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Posted 6 months ago in Austin, TX

"Fantastic place to work. You can work there for the rest of your life if you so chose."

Posted 6 months ago in Madison, WI

"Great company to work for, worked in 5 different stores and have gained friends for life from all of them. The company really takes care of the managers and associates. It was the best company I've ever worked for."

Posted 7 months ago in Glen Mills, PA

"I have worked at Home Depot for 2 years now and everything from its environment to its managers are above the standard of other companies in its type."

Posted 7 months ago in Frisco, TX

"I have worked for The Home Depot for four years in several different areas: Sales/Cashier/Customer Service and Bookkeeper."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Posted 7 months ago

"The Home Depot is one of the best top employers in Canada. It has a respectful atmosphere. And you'll learn a lot from training."

Outside Sales Consultant
Posted 7 months ago in Newnan, GA

"I have worked for Home Depot since April, 2014. I have consistently requested training materials from my Sales Manager and yet I still have not received them. They are critical to perform my job."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Sales Representative
Posted 7 months ago in Ridley Park, PA

"Working for Home Depot has given me the opportunity to maintain great customer service attributes. I remain updated on products within and outside my department as the company gives us the access to expand our knowledge base. Associates are given the resources to learn and grow not just as employees but Home Depot also assists in uplifting associates as people."

Sales Department Associate
Posted 7 months ago in Peachtree City, GA

"I have been with The Home Depot since March of last year. They strive on providing the best retail experience in their industry while creating lasting loyal customer relationships. Throughout my time at Home Depot I have seen that working for a company with strong values and morals is what I seek in any future company I work for."

Posted 8 months ago in Niles, IL

"I worked for Home Depot for many years, and have gotten a paycheck basically. Not treated well. See a 92% personal turnover rate every year, so that should give you an idea what other people think of the place. I've seen many Assistant Store Managers work for years to get to that position and walk out throwing the keys in the air to next in charge within 1 month, and as I said, many. And don't get hurt there, when they refuse to pay medical bills you have to get a lawyer to fight theirs, and then they find a way to fire you, because you sued the company, and I hear this comes from the top to get rid of you. Not the Store Manager's fault, he's told what to do. I see the review of Home Depot employees below is rated pretty high, those people are really afraid of losing their job. I'm going to stop writing now, because I can see from the reviews nobody wants to tell the truth."

Sales Associate
Posted 8 months ago

"I worked for Home Depot since 2012. The store associates are all nice, everyone gets along and are friends. Unfortunately when it comes to their management they need to work a lot on it for the reason that they play the favoritism card and the store doesn't function properly because no one respects them. Management needs to be completely changed."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Customer Service Lead
Posted 8 months ago in Hooksett, NH

"Home Depot is a great company to work for. It has many locations nation wide."