General Motors Reviews

On average, employees at General Motors give their company a 4.1 rating out of 5.0 - which is 8% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest General Motors employees are Industrial Engineers submitting an average rating of 5.0 and Equipment Services Project Managers with a rating of 4.9. Browse General Motors Reviews by Job Title →

(based on 258 General Motors Review Ratings)
Company Culture 3.9
Work Setting 4.1

General Motors Jobs

462 General Motors Company Reviews and Ratings

3.3Posted 8 months ago in Roswell, GA
"GM is a great company, and is trying to do great things in pulling work back in house that has been outsourced for literally decades. The dispersed workforce and some teams spread across all four sites. (Atlanta, Phoenix, Detroit, Austin) All are making the job more difficult than it needs to be. The overwhelming presence of ex-Dell and ex-HP employees in Austin ostracizes a lot of good people and good input - even that of ex-Dell and ex-HP people in other sites. Overall, though, a good gig."
Posted 3 months ago in Chandler, AZ

"Still the good 'ole boys club. Gotta play the corporate game to get ahead. Expect to be working on the same team and same software until you get tired of asking for different challenges and start to look elsewhere. Predominantly Indian workforce, which if you're not familiar with their tendencies can be quite a culture shock."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5
Company Culture 3 / 5 Way You Work 2 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5
Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5
Senior Software Developer
Posted 4 months ago in Austin, TX

"GM is a great place to work. The only downside is the tech stack moves slowly."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Way You Work 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5
Work Setting 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5
Validation Engineer
Posted 4 months ago in Warren, MI

"Fantastic work and location. Wish that I could be hired in direct. Highly recommended."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5
Work Setting 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5
Company Culture 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5
Posted 4 months ago in Warren, MI

"The service desk has a nice family atmosphere to it and that is something I enjoy very much. I believe and so does the company, that the service desk is just a stepping stone towards something better in our careers. I wouldn't have changed a thing about my experience here."

Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5
Person You Work For 5 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5

Average General Motors Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Design Release Engineer
Posted 5 months ago in Warren, MI

"I have worked for General Motors for nearly 4 years, I was satisfied with my job for about a year, then started requesting transfers but have been denied since. I originally enjoyed the learning of the job, then my job grew to be the Spackle of the group that filled all the gaps everyone else left, because of that my manager has had a hard time letting me move to another position."

People You Work With 4 / 5 Company Culture 2 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5
Work Setting 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5
Person You Work For 4 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5
Posted 5 months ago in Warren, MI

"Misrepresented employment. Got cold-called by GM, they asked me if I'd be interested. Applied and got job. Got along great with my boss.One week later, something wasn't going good on some other project. They pulled a developer off that project, and told me I'd be reporting to a different manager and not even doing development anymore! I'd be doing more product configuration than development. I explained to my old manager, new manager, upper management, HR, and nobody cared."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Way You Work 1 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Company Culture 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Application Developer
Posted 5 months ago in Detroit, MI

"I have worked at GM for over 2 years now. The work environment is fantastic . There is a lot of opportunity to learn and grow as a developer. Additionally, there are really smart and friendly people to work with. But on the individual basis there is a lot of stiff competition to get a promotion."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5
People You Work With 4 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5
Posted 6 months ago in Torrance, CA

"I've work for General Motors for 8 years. It has good benefits, especially health insurance."

Work Setting 4 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5
Growth Opportunities 4 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5
People You Work With 4 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
Validation Engineer
Posted 6 months ago in Pontiac, MI

"Great company to work for. So many opportunities to learn from."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Way You Work 4 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5
Customer Service Manager
Posted 6 months ago in Detroit, MI

"I have been with GM for a short time because I was requested to work on a short term project, however during my time there I have found it to be a great working environment filled with intelligent hard working people and a great team atmosphere. I have tremendous respect for each of my peers and everyday I see the determination and drive in there work and it motivates me to perform at an even higher level. I have had the pleasure of working for several very intelligent and successful people."

Way You Work 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
People You Work With 5 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5
Intern
Posted 7 months ago in Bowling Green, KY

"Great place to work. I love the Corvette."

People You Work With 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5
Work Setting 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5
Way You Work 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
Powertrain Architect
Posted 7 months ago in Greenville, SC

"Its a brilliant place to work. Probably one of the best things that can happen to one during graduation."

People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5
Company Culture 4 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5
Growth Opportunities 4 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
Powertrain Design Engineer
Posted 7 months ago in Pontiac, MI

"Very good company to be associated with, General Motors has has a presence for over 100 years in many countries. It lives to utmost ethical values and leadership."

Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5

Person You Work For 1 / 5 Way You Work 2 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5
SAP PP
Posted 9 months ago

"I been working with GM Corp. I like working here, unfortunately my project is ending."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5