Epic Systems Reviews

On average, employees at Epic Systems give their company a 3.6 rating out of 5.0 - which is 5% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Epic Systems employees are Software Developers submitting an average rating of 3.5 and Equipment Services Project Managers with a rating of 3.2. Browse Epic Systems Reviews by Job Title →

(based on 47 Epic Systems Review Ratings)
Company Culture 3.6
Way You Work 3.7
Work Setting 4.2

59 Epic Systems Company Reviews and Ratings

Posted 2 months ago in Verona, WI

"Good campus, negative work culture, good benefits, bad technologies."

Way You Work 4 / 5 Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5
Company Culture 2 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5 Support You Get 1 / 5
Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5
Posted 2 months ago in Verona, WI

"Very nice building, awesome compensation but not the best work culture, senior management."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Person You Work For 3 / 5 Company Culture 1 / 5
People You Work With 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5

Epic Systems (59)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Newport Medical Instruments (6)
1.3 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Roberts Home Medical (5)
Posted 2 months ago in Madison, WI

"The technology we use is archaic at best. VB6 for front end development, Cache for the database logic."

Work Setting 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5
Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5 Way You Work 2 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5
Software Developer
Posted 2 months ago in Verona, WI

"It's alright, but almost all of my time was spent maintaining code that almost no one had a good idea of what it was supposed to be doing. Sometimes it was bad enough that the behavior was unexpected, but it was hard to determine if this was a bug or not."

People You Work With 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Way You Work 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5 Support You Get 2 / 5
Person You Work For 3 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5

Average Epic Systems Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Posted 2 months ago in Phoenix, AZ

"Worked in the Phoenix office, but Epiq has offices across the country. This specific location had very poor work-life balance and unrealistic expectations for client facing escalations. The group I was in had fantastic team dynamic which was rare in this processing-centric office."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 Way You Work 2 / 5
Work Setting 2 / 5 Company Culture 2 / 5
Posted 4 months ago in Madison, WI

"Oldest of technologies, no intra-team interaction, no team outings, overall a very bad place to work at."

Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Way You Work 1 / 5 Person You Work For 3 / 5
Posted 5 months ago in Verona, WI

"I've worked for Epic for almost two years. Co-workers are fantastic, company culture is very appealing and you work for the world's leader in two fast growing industries, healthcare and software. Definitely recommend it."

Growth Opportunities 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
People You Work With 5 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Way You Work 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5
Posted 5 months ago in Verona, WI

"At Epic, you will work very long hours consistently in order to be considered a good employee. The team leads as a whole don't really care about you and are willing to have you fired over little things. To top it off, Epic will have you sign employment agreements (even after you've been working there for a while under threat of termination if you don't sign it) that seem to be sketchy at best. Your best bet would be to work for a different company that won't treat you like a hostage."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Support You Get 1 / 5
Work Setting 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5
Posted 7 months ago in Beaverton, OR

"Good place to work but heavily dependent on which team/group/manager you are working with."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5
Company Culture 4 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
People You Work With 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5
Business Intelligence Developer
Posted 7 months ago in Madison, WI

"I've worked with Epic systems since 2012, they are a strong company in the HIT space and certainly try to give you the large tech company feel while still maintaining a 'smaller' town feel. Epic employs nearly 7000 individuals with the majority working in the developer role."

Company Culture 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5
Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5
Posted 8 months ago in Verona, WI

"Good company for new college grads."

Growth Opportunities 4 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5
Person You Work For 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5
Posted 9 months ago in Madison, WI

"The main problem I have is that you are doing about the same thing after 2 years as 4, additionally since they thrive on taking kids with relatively less attractive degrees (psychology, for example), they tend to underpay."

Way You Work 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5
Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Person You Work For 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Contract Attorney
Posted 9 months ago in Dallas, TX

"Great work environment. Laid back atmosphere and professional."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5
Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Way You Work 5 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5
Business Intelligence Developer
Posted 10 months ago in Verona, WI

"I worked as a Business Intelligence Developer at Epic Systems Corporation for seven months. In that time, I would say that about 95% of my effort was directed toward training with no end to it in sight. Epic does not trust your education, and they would like to supplement it with a far more boring one. They show off a fantastic work campus, only to play bait-and-switch and stick you in a little white room with some books to look at for a year or more."

Company Culture 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5
People You Work With 1 / 5 Way You Work 3 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5
Person You Work For 2 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Equipment Services Project Manager
Posted this month in Verona, WI

"An Epic FAIL."

What do you like about working at Epic Systems?

"Nothing in particular about the company is pleasant."

"Don't even think about working for this company. It's a waste of your time."

What don't you like about working at Epic Systems?

"This company culls its employees regularly, which is a large part of the reason why there's such a high rate of hiring and a high turnover rate. They practice emotional blackmail to the highest degree, to oust those they don't find favorable to the company. One of the methods they use is to communicate en masse via texting to socially ostracize an individual. They will collectively proceed to cough, put their hands on their nose as if something is smelly, or spit, in order to isolate, humiliate, and degrade the targeted individual. Other times they will simply isolate the individual and prevent all communication for some time (for example, no email communication). The company also uses gossip to call out individuals in an indirect manner. After their harassment episode, employees are told to collectively sniffle, as if to feel sorry and weep for the individual being harassed. Additionally, your activities are constantly monitored, giving you a sense that you are being probed. Also, they will blacklist you with the help of local businesses, usually in the form of extreme passive aggressive behavior or rudeness. All of this is done in an indirect manner and employees are told to never admit that they are doing anything of this nature, fearing their own harassment or possible unemployment.These methods force one to quit and turn in one's two weeks notice. Otherwise, you'll get fired if you don't play along. At which point, they'll offer a measly two weeks severance agreement in exchange for no wrong doing by Epic. Epic's very open and collective harassment is embraced by management because they don't fear the consequences, assuming that the employee values resigning over the potentially detrimental firing that would be left on the employee's employment history. And, this is just in reference to the labor practice of Epic - this company should be investigated by the Justice department and other federal agencies for other illegal activities.Personally, I remember while recovering from my severe injury, I was in the office early in the morning before anyone else and leaving past 2 am everyday, just to catch up on my work - and I caught up, even on weekends (over 100 hours a week). My inexperienced application manager kept pushing me more and more, and it was difficult to work under her supervision. Eventually, I had a meeting with the HR director, and she asked me if I wanted a new application manager (in other words, to have my AM fired) as she was under-performing as a manager, but I said no. I mentioned this to some of my colleagues (perhaps I should have been more tact given the retaliation that would follow), and soon afterwards they investigated me for medical insurance fraud (why) and had my own healthcare providers involved. They also falsely accused me of drug addiction, drug dealing, and sexual misconduct / offense (by the same AM who I helped from being fired), and even harassed me at my own residence. They even had my colleagues connect to my laptop at the office to monitor me, which was uncomfortable to say the least. I was even told the obvious by an Epic employee that others had coordinated to treat me in this manner. They treated me as if I was only intelligent as cattle, and went so far as to set me up to test my IQ in an all day testing session analyzed by a PhD; yet, to their uninformed surprise, I literally scored a genius. What's also troublesome is that they tampered with my electronic medical records. When I asked about it, they asked me a variety of questions, then the following day they came up with a maintenance excuse that took months to fix. I also asked to see everything on my employee file and there was only basic information on there. Considering everything I've gone through, I found it odd as I wondered if there was something I didn't know. I sought counsel regarding this and I was told that this was very odd that only the basic information (e.g. reviews, all signed employee documents, etc.). was left on my employee file, which left no reason for my firing, and the possibility that they shredded or withheld documents from me was not to be excluded. On top of all of that, they gave me no raise or bonus after over an year of working at Epic, while new hires in training for the same position were making a higher salary than me.All of these actions were part of their concerted effort to get me to quit. One day, HR called me into their office and I was told to sign the severance agreement. I never signed their severance agreement stating that everything I experienced is discriminatory, I refused any amount of money they offered me in the severance, and I was fired. It is now close to an year since the day I was fired, and I believe I am still being harassed by Epic, primarily because they are afraid of a massive lawsuit against them. And, after applying to hundreds of jobs, experience working at Epic Systems Corporation doesn't seem to hold much weight on a resume as reputable non-healthcare companies don't seem to know Epic or care for those transferable managerial and IT skills, so you're left unemployed (and their one year non-compete agreements make it more difficult to find employment at healthcare firms). I'm unsure if Epic is actively preventing me from finding employment via a blacklist or by some other means, but they do enforce their non-competes with extreme prejudice. I am left worst off than before I started working at Epic, and I have a large employment gap with a bad reference. Effectively, I stand a better chance at succeeding with starting my own business, than to pass the initial screening process when applying to jobs. To this day, I hate it anytime I hear a cough, as I am reminded of Epic and the people who chose to harass and discriminate against me."

"Treat your employees well. Your labor practices will come back to bite you all."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5 Way You Work 1 / 5