EMC Corp. Reviews

On average, employees at EMC Corp. give their company a 3.9 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest EMC Corp. employees are Senior Project Managers submitting an average rating of 5.0 and Technical Support Engineers with a rating of 4.5. Browse EMC Corp. Reviews by Job Title →

(based on 180 EMC Corp. Review Ratings)
Company Culture 3.8
Support You Get 3.9
Way You Work 4.1
Work Setting 3.9
Posted about a year ago in Hopkinton, MA

"EMC is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver information technology as a service (ITaaS). Working for EMC was the greatest thing I have done in my life."

262 EMC Corp. Company Reviews and Ratings

Posted this week in New York City, NY

"I have been at EMC for 3 years, so I am still a newbie."

Posted last week in New York City, NY

"I have worked for EMC for 2 years now. They are a good company to work for I have found. For a large corporation there isn't to much overhead and the work environment at least in my office is pretty relaxed and almost has a startup feel to it."

EMC Corp. (262)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Miles Technologies (18)
2.4 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Retalix Ltd. (11)
Posted this month in Boston, MA

"I've worked in EMC in the last 5 years and found it very strong company with advanced technologies."

Posted this month in Southborough, MA

"Almost none of the positions advertised exist - they are advertised to fool DOL, then given unlawfully to foreign nationals to save money. There was much evidence of age and national discrimination on an opportunistic basis. The quality of the engineering groups varied substantially."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5

Average EMC Corp. Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Posted last month in Hopkinton, MA

"Great company, lots of opportunity to grow and expand your career."

Posted last month in Roy, UT

"Was a decent company to work for."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Posted last month in Hopkinton, MA

"The company treated their employees better before a reorganization a few years ago. Training has become non-existent. EMC has decided it is cheaper to hire new employees overseas and get rid of the current employees than it is to move the current employees into new positions. As EMC changes the languages and operating systems they use, EMC degrades the working conditions until people start leaving. Those that don't leave are laid off."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Posted last month in Southborough, MA

"Love the company and my colleagues. They are great. I have learned a great deal and been able to contribute a great deal. Great company!!!"

Solutions Architect
Posted last month in Atlanta, GA

"Too many reorgs and not a clear vision. If not in the corporate good old boy club, it can be challenging."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Posted 2 months ago in Hopkinton, MA

"I have been extremely happy and successful within EMC and feel the time is right to foster the knowledge I have gained within the company developing a strong, honest hardworking team."

Posted 2 months ago in Bedford, MA

"I worked for RSA as a contractor supporting a major bank. The products are great and the customer was enjoyable to work with. I was training to take over the prof services role so that the current person could move on to another role. I was there about 7 month and was just starting to get comfortable with the technology and was fully supporting the customer but instead of getting hired they moved someone from another group into the role and ended my contract. I feel it wasn't the best move on behalf of the customer as this person had to start over learning this product and the customer was introduced with another prof services person and wasn't very happy with starting over with another person taking over their account. I also didn't understand a decision like that which was to save money, but at what expense?"

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Posted 2 months ago in Hopkinton, MA

"A manager at EMC succeeds by making his manager happy creating yes men down the line. This causes a disconnect between management and the engineers who actually do the work and it shows in the final product."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Posted 4 months ago in Hopkinton, MA

"I worked as part of the CTO Office for several years and had a chance to work at the cutting edge of several fields. It is an influential company and there is tremendous opportunity to make an impact in the world. It is not just a storage company anymore. Its acquisition of VMWare has put it squarely in the middle of the virtualization revolution and thus the cloud revolution."

Posted 4 months ago in Duluth, GA

"I worked for EMC for nearly 7 years. It is a good company with a great continuously improving product line. I was able to work from home until they removed the position from my location. The worst part of working for EMC is the management turnaround does not allow for visions to be realized."

QA Lab Manager
Posted 4 months ago in Santa Clara, CA

"I cannot say enough positive things about EMC's corporate culture and its treatment of employees. The org chart is very flat -- as a junior manager, I was 5 links below the CEO. Managers give solid, effective feedback and *real* performance evaluations, so you should always know where you stand. In most groups, innovation and new ideas are welcomed -- if you can put together a solid plan and show the numbers."