EMC Corp. Reviews

On average, employees at EMC Corp. give their company a 3.9 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest EMC Corp. employees are Senior Project Managers submitting an average rating of 5.0 and Technical Support Engineers with a rating of 4.5. Browse EMC Corp. Reviews by Job Title →

(based on 174 EMC Corp. Review Ratings)
Company Culture 3.8
Way You Work 4.1
Work Setting 4.0

256 EMC Corp. Company Reviews and Ratings

4.6Posted 4 months ago in Santa Clara, CA
"I cannot say enough positive things about EMC's corporate culture and its treatment of employees. The org chart is very flat -- as a junior manager, I was 5 links below the CEO. Managers give solid, effective feedback and *real* performance evaluations, so you should always know where you stand. In most groups, innovation and new ideas are welcomed -- if you can put together a solid plan and show the numbers."
Posted last week in Hopkinton, MA

"The company treated their employees better before a reorganization a few years ago. Training has become non-existent. EMC has decided it is cheaper to hire new employees overseas and get rid of the current employees than it is to move the current employees into new positions. As EMC changes the languages and operating systems they use, EMC degrades the working conditions until people start leaving. Those that don't leave are laid off."

People You Work With 4 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5
Way You Work 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Growth Opportunities 1 / 5 Support You Get 1 / 5
Posted this month in Southborough, MA

"Love the company and my colleagues. They are great. I have learned a great deal and been able to contribute a great deal. Great company!!!"

Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Way You Work 4 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5

EMC Corp. (256)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Miles Technologies (18)
2.4 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Retalix Ltd. (11)
Solutions Architect
Posted this month in Atlanta, GA

"Too many reorgs and not a clear vision. If not in the corporate good old boy club, it can be challenging."

Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5
Person You Work For 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5 Way You Work 2 / 5
People You Work With 3 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
Posted last month in Hopkinton, MA

"I have been extremely happy and successful within EMC and feel the time is right to foster the knowledge I have gained within the company developing a strong, honest hardworking team."

Company Culture 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5
Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5

Average EMC Corp. Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Posted last month in Bedford, MA

"I worked for RSA as a contractor supporting a major bank. The products are great and the customer was enjoyable to work with. I was training to take over the prof services role so that the current person could move on to another role. I was there about 7 month and was just starting to get comfortable with the technology and was fully supporting the customer but instead of getting hired they moved someone from another group into the role and ended my contract. I feel it wasn't the best move on behalf of the customer as this person had to start over learning this product and the customer was introduced with another prof services person and wasn't very happy with starting over with another person taking over their account. I also didn't understand a decision like that which was to save money, but at what expense?"

Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Way You Work 3 / 5
People You Work With 4 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5 Support You Get 2 / 5
Person You Work For 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Posted last month in Hopkinton, MA

"A manager at EMC succeeds by making his manager happy creating yes men down the line. This causes a disconnect between management and the engineers who actually do the work and it shows in the final product."

Work Setting 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5
Growth Opportunities 4 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5 Person You Work For 1 / 5
Way You Work 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5
Posted 3 months ago in Hopkinton, MA

"I worked as part of the CTO Office for several years and had a chance to work at the cutting edge of several fields. It is an influential company and there is tremendous opportunity to make an impact in the world. It is not just a storage company anymore. Its acquisition of VMWare has put it squarely in the middle of the virtualization revolution and thus the cloud revolution."

Work Setting 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5
Way You Work 3 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5
Growth Opportunities 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Posted 3 months ago in Duluth, GA

"I worked for EMC for nearly 7 years. It is a good company with a great continuously improving product line. I was able to work from home until they removed the position from my location. The worst part of working for EMC is the management turnaround does not allow for visions to be realized."

Work Setting 4 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5

Way You Work 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Person You Work For 4 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Posted 3 months ago in Santa Clara, CA

"I worked for EMC Corporation in the Backup & Recovery Systems Group in Santa Clara, CA. Our division was one of the leading growth division within EMC. We were able to build strong relationships with the EMC Core Field teammates which helped accelerate our revenue growth over the past 5 years."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5
People You Work With 5 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5
Work Setting 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Software Automation Engineer
Posted 3 months ago in Hopkinton, MA

"I was on a contract to develop automation with Testshell. A tool EMC purchased."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5
People You Work With 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5
Growth Opportunities 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Posted 3 months ago in Hopkinton, MA

"Overall, EMC is a solid place to work, but does not always have opportunities for individuals to grow their careers."

Way You Work 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5
Company Culture 3 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5
Program Manager
Posted 3 months ago in Hopkinton, MA

"While EMC is a very good place to work for, it struggles to promote and allow people to grow their careers within the company. Many employees are forced to leave and return in order to accelerate their growth on a career level."

Work Setting 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5
Company Culture 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5
Person You Work For 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Posted 3 months ago in Hopkinton, MA

"EMC has been an extremely nice company to work for, however over the years it has been consistent at its level of underpaying for its staff. EMC'ers will habitually leave the company in order to advance as EMC has a habit of short-changing advancement opportunities."

Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Way You Work 5 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5
Posted 3 months ago in Hopkinton, MA

"Great company to get SAN and Cloud experience, along with hardware and practices for medium and small business."

People You Work With 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5