On average, employees at EMC give their company a 3.9 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest EMC employees are Senior Project Managers submitting an average rating of 5.0 and Software QA Engineers with a rating of 4.6.

(based on 238 EMC Review Ratings)
"The best company I've ever worked for. It's my second time working for EMC and I'd recommend it to anyone for it's employee-friendly environment."
Posted about a year ago in Hopkinton, MA
Performance Engineer
Posted 7 months ago in Cambridge, MA

"Chaotic workplace, unorganized and very political. Quality of work was not considered important. EMC is a big company and different subdivision has its own character so this is not a reflection on the overall company but just the specific location and division."

Posted 7 months ago in Hopkinton, MA

"EMC is a good company that is unfortunately letting the race for quarterly earnings take it in a direction that doesn't balance financial gain with the happiness of the employees. Employees are exhorted to work hard and stay focused, but don't get the support or morale they need to do this. Too many employees I know are working here because they are too afraid to test the job market or have done this one job so long they don't think they can do anything else. I worry the drive for efficiency is going to lead to not enough qualified people to execute the vision the company has. Its other big challenge is executing corporate vision at the individual team level. The disconnect here makes for a contentious relationship between engineering and the rest of the company. The company has well designed strategies for moving all its technologies to the next wave of computing. Unfortunately the strategies keep running into the reality of engineering teams working on decade old product lines that are resisting the changes they need to make to deliver on that strategy. My shining light are the workers. Professional and personable, as individuals I met few people I wouldn't seek out to work with again. Co-workers really do have their fellows backs."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5

EMC (320)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Miles Technologies (18)
2.4 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Retalix Ltd. (11)
Senior .NET Analyst
Posted 7 months ago in Southborough, MA

"Very good company to work with."

Posted 7 months ago in Saint Paul, MN

"Good company to work for, and co-workers are very helpful in training."

Average EMC Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Posted 7 months ago in Pleasanton, CA

"It surely is a very good place to work."

Posted 8 months ago in Hopkinton, MA

"If you are a junior engineer and are looking for early stability and a good benefits package. However, if you want to grow in any direction other than "corporate" you will find that your comfort level will decrease. This employer wants you to know your place and conform."

Posted 8 months ago in Hopkinton, MA

"EMC is a great company. The benefits are wonderful and there are divisions and groups that are innovating at a very high level. There are also groups that are stagnant and stuck in their methodologies."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Posted 8 months ago in Bedford, MA

"I was working in a very diverse team and company. We have different cultures, different ideas and different ways to work on the job, which gives me a good chance to learn more in my life. I like the communication and knowledge exchange in the company which is really helpful to me."

Posted 8 months ago in Hopkinton, MA

"Internal politics may be ruining the company and making innovation impossible."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Posted 8 months ago in Tulsa, OK

"I've worked with EMC for 3 years. They are an excellent company to start with, providing training on a wide array of technologies and making sure you are prepared for the position you are entering. However, as EMC is spread throughout the country, if you are looking for advancement opportunities make sure you are in a major metropolitan area or willing to move. If you are not in cities such as Dallas, Chicago, or Boston then your advancement in the company is limited to what is available in your local area."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Posted 8 months ago in Hopkinton, MA

"I've worked for EMC for 10 years. The development environment is different for each organization within the company. Some have strict coding standards with mandatory code reviews, some do not. Some organizations use waterfall, some scrum, some agile. When applying for an engineering position, it is important to ask questions about the particular position in order to understand the environment that you will be working in."

Customer Service Specialist
Posted 8 months ago in Franklin, MA

"Great place to work! Great culture!"

Posted 9 months ago in Hopkinton, MA

"EMC is one of the great technology companies to work for, learn from, and stay in the latest technologies to date. They are contributing 35% of the world's storage market and they are a global leader for all enterprise storage solutions for critical and mission critical customers."

Posted 9 months ago in Hopkinton, MA

"Good company, environment and pay."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Posted 9 months ago in Draper, UT

"Good company, where you will learn lots about cloud storage, and management."