EMC Corp.
3.9 (210)
Industry: Computer Systems Design - HQ: Hopkinton, MA

EMC Corp. Reviews

On average, employees at EMC Corp. give their company a 3.9 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest EMC Corp. employees are Senior Project Managers submitting an average rating of 5.0 and Technical Support Engineers with a rating of 4.5.

(based on 132 EMC Corp. Review Ratings)
Company Culture 3.8
Work Setting 3.9
EMC Corp. JobsView All »

210 EMC Corp. Company Reviews and Ratings

4.6Posted 12 days ago in Santa Clara, CA
"I cannot say enough positive things about EMC's corporate culture and its treatment of employees. The org chart is very flat -- as a junior manager, I was 5 links below the CEO. Managers give solid, effective feedback and *real* performance evaluations, so you should always know where you stand. In most groups, innovation and new ideas are welcomed -- if you can put together a solid plan and show the numbers."
Posted this week in Hopkinton, MA

"I worked as part of the CTO Office for several years and had a chance to work at the cutting edge of several fields. It is an influential company and there is tremendous opportunity to make an impact in the world. It is not just a storage company anymore. Its acquisition of VMWare has put it squarely in the middle of the virtualization revolution and thus the cloud revolution."

Work Setting 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5
Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Way You Work 3 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5
People You Work With 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5

EMC Corp. (210)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Miles Technologies (18)
2.4 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Retalix Ltd. (11)
Posted last week in Duluth, GA

"I worked for EMC for nearly 7 years. It is a good company with a great continuously improving product line. I was able to work from home until they removed the position from my location. The worst part of working for EMC is the management turnaround does not allow for visions to be realized."

Way You Work 4 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5

Posted last week in Santa Clara, CA

People You Work With 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
Growth Opportunities 5 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Way You Work 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5

Common Words Used To Describe Working at EMC Corp.

"cutting edge technology"
4 Reviewers
"great benefits"
5 Reviewers
"great experience"
5 Reviewers
Posted last week in Santa Clara, CA

"I worked for EMC Corporation in the Backup & Recovery Systems Group in Santa Clara, CA. Our division was one of the leading growth division within EMC. We were able to build strong relationships with the EMC Core Field teammates which helped accelerate our revenue growth over the past 5 years."

Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
Way You Work 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Person You Work For 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5
Software Automation Engineer
Posted this month in Hopkinton, MA

"I was on a contract to develop automation with Testshell. A tool EMC purchased."

Work Setting 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5
Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5
Company Culture 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Posted this month in Hopkinton, MA

"Overall, EMC is a solid place to work, but does not always have opportunities for individuals to grow their careers."

Way You Work 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5
Company Culture 3 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5
Program Manager
Posted this month in Hopkinton, MA

"While EMC is a very good place to work for, it struggles to promote and allow people to grow their careers within the company. Many employees are forced to leave and return in order to accelerate their growth on a career level."

Work Setting 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5
Company Culture 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5
Person You Work For 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Posted this month in Hopkinton, MA

"EMC has been an extremely nice company to work for, however over the years it has been consistent at its level of underpaying for its staff. EMC'ers will habitually leave the company in order to advance as EMC has a habit of short-changing advancement opportunities."

Work Setting 3 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5
People You Work With 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5
Posted this month in Hopkinton, MA

"Great company to get SAN and Cloud experience, along with hardware and practices for medium and small business."

People You Work With 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
Growth Opportunities 4 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Posted this month in Hopkinton, MA

"I've worked at EMC for 4 years now. I have achieved my CCNA, I have also worked with architecture team to evaluate and select enterprise multicast and VoD solution. Implemented over 30 Cisco TelePresence/Video Conferencing systems worldwide. Within my time at EMC I have continuously troubleshot and solved complex Video Collaboration issues."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5
People You Work With 5 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5
Work Setting 3 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5
Posted last month in Hopkinton, MA

"I've worked at EMC for 7 years. People were great. Sometimes the company lacked focus and grow so fast that it lost direction at times. Company hard troubles putting the big picture together and at times the product offering seem to conflict. Synergy could be improved. Organizational structure was the core of the lack of synergy. Too Many chiefs!!! Competition is fierce and the HW is a commodity thus not preventing competitive entry. SW is being focused which is good, however transition is poor. Transition would be better off if the change is driven from within instead of always looking outside for all the answers. Eventually by creating the constant purge the company loses its identity and is a breeding ground for more competition. EMC still needs to learn how to play nice with its ecosystem."

Way You Work 3 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Person You Work For 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5
Company Culture 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Senior Solutions Architect
Posted last month in Winter Springs, FL

"I have worked for RSA for 5 years and just got laid off."

People You Work With 5 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5
Company Culture 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Way You Work 5 / 5 Person You Work For 2 / 5
IT Project Coordinator
Posted last month in El Segundo, CA

"I worked @ EMC. It's a perfect company, especially the training."

People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5
Person You Work For 4 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
Growth Opportunities 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5
IT Project Coordinator
Posted last month in Los Angeles, CA

"Thanks for EMC ... it's a perfect environment."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5