Looks like we have limited ratings for College Loan right now. By any chance, have you worked for College Loan? If so, please let the CareerBliss community know what it was like by writing an anonymous review. Follow College Loan and get updates on College Loan’s latest salaries, reviews, jobs and more!

5 College Loan Company Reviews and Ratings

Branch Operations Manager
Posted 4 years ago

"INTERACTION WITH PEOPLE"

"WORK HARD AND STAY FOCUSED"

What don't you like about working at College Loan?

"THERE IS ALWAYS TRYING THINGS NO MATTER WHERE YOU WORK. ITS JUST PART OF BUSINESS"

"STAY POSITIVE AND BE THERE TO SUPPORT STAFF"

Principal Systems Administrator
Posted 4 years ago in Woodbury, MN

"The IT team assembled at CLC was one of the most well oiled machines I have ever had the privelege of working with; the top notch management and staff were awe inspiring in every way"

What do you like about working at College Loan?

"The freedom to run my own office. The 'Silicon Valley' feel and vibe brought from the senior management. The amazing staff and co-workers that I had the privelege of working with daily"

What don't you like about working at College Loan?

"Being the only staff in our state the scheduling was a little tough at times, but this was only minor"

College Loan (5)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Home Finance of America (16)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is OneMain Financial (8)
Senior Loan Consultant
Posted this month in Del Mar, CA

"Used to be an awesome job - now good for entry-level or early-career sales people"

What do you like about working at College Loan?

"This was a phenomenal job until October 2008. The pay was great - I made between $80K and $150K every year. If you were performing well, management let you handle your business without micro-managing. The CEO has been very fair with severance packages throughout massive layoffs."

"I don't think there is anything special needed to nail this particular interview. As long as you present yourself professionally and you have good communication and computer skills, you will have a good chance."

What don't you like about working at College Loan?

"Things have changed dramatically at CLC. The company has not had money to lend for almost a year. We are now just CSR's who inform customers that they can move their loan away from CLC and over to the government in order to lock in a good interest rate. The pay is not terrible for what we do, but the CEO has said that with the current business model, the company is more profitable than ever before and we only make about $20 per hour. Even when we do start giving out new loans again, it has been made clear that we will never make big $$ again."

"Management is great at CLC. Although we used to make great money, and we are now asked to do way more for way less money, I don't blame them. Once we start giving out loans (could be fall 2010 or even later) the compensation will be so-so, but there are lots of people willing to take that type of compensation. For those of us who know what the pay structure used to be like, it isn't great. However, for new, relatively inexperienced employees, CLC could be a good place."

Loan Processor
Posted 5 years ago in San Diego, CA

"Attentive bosses and lots of opportunities to advance."

What do you like about working at College Loan?

"My bosses at CLC were always available when I needed them. They paid excellent money for what was required of your position and there was opportunities to move within the company and learn new aspects of the business as well as advance."

"Be aware that College Loan Corp is now in Nevada so you will have to be willing to relocate but when interviewing there just be professional."

What don't you like about working at College Loan?

"There is nothing I didn't love about working there."

Loan Consultant
Posted 5 years ago in San Diego, CA

"I didn't work in home loans- I worked in student loans"

What do you like about working at College Loan?

"money, management - all around great company"

What don't you like about working at College Loan?

"they had massive layoffs due to the lending industry issues in 2007"