Capital One Reviews

On average, employees at Capital One give their company a 3.9 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Capital One employees are Senior Project Managers submitting an average rating of 4.5 and Collections Managers also with a rating of 4.5. Browse Capital One Reviews by Job Title →

(based on 74 Capital One Review Ratings)
Company Culture 3.9
Work Setting 4.0

Capital One Jobs

143 Capital One Company Reviews and Ratings

3.3Posted 4 months ago in Rolling Meadows, IL
"I've been working for Capital One for two years, good company overall, care about employees except for workplace settings. My department was acquired from HSBC, where we worked in a very nice building with telecommuting options. Capital One moved us to Schaumburg to a building with much lower standards. They tend to make abrupt decisions and move employees around at will. Plus - many intelligent people, good pay, a lot of opportunity to learn new things, useful experience."
Posted 2 months ago in San Angelo, TX

"Although the business decision to internalize their positions is disappointing, the company has provided me with excellent education, knowledge, and experiences while working for them."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Growth Opportunities 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5
Project Manager
Posted 2 months ago in Glen Allen, VA

"I have worked for Capital One for almost five years and have had a wonderful experience in career progression, work/life balance and mentoring from management. My time here has improved my confidence level in my job skills and given me opportunities to improve and gain education in my field."

Work Setting 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5
People You Work With 4 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5

Capital One (143)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Home Finance of America (16)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is OneMain Financial (8)
Posted 3 months ago in Plano, TX

"I found Capital One a very attractive place to work. My only difficulty was with my direct level manager. Overall Capital One is an excellent place to work and offers great opportunities to try different job roles and work on multiple projects."

Company Culture 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5
Growth Opportunities 4 / 5 Person You Work For 1 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Way You Work 2 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5
Senior .NET Developer
Posted 4 months ago in Richmond, VA

"I like working here and being part of a good team."

Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5

Support You Get 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Way You Work 3 / 5
People You Work With 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
Person You Work For 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Posted 5 months ago

"I believe Capital One Financial corporation requires too much from their tellers for the compensation that they receive. The artificial customer service that we are required to display in every customer interaction is stressful, especially when dealing with difficult customers. The company randomly cut my hours recently, because I am a part time worker and I do not have a set schedule. Now I need to find a second job to make up for the pay that I lost due to this."

Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Way You Work 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5
Work Setting 1 / 5 Person You Work For 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Company Culture 1 / 5
Posted 5 months ago in McLean, VA

"Great people who are dedicated to doing the right thing although we have a tendency to over think."

Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Growth Opportunities 4 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5
J2EE Developer
Posted 5 months ago in Plano, TX

"I have worked for this company for a while. It's a good working environment but not great."

Company Culture 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5
Growth Opportunities 4 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Posted 5 months ago in Wilmington, DE

"Good place to work... modern tool sets. Progressive bank and fun place to work. The agile culture makes work less stressful."

People You Work With 4 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Work Setting 4 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5
Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
Posted 6 months ago in Irving, TX
Person You Work For 3 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Growth Opportunities 4 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5
Posted 6 months ago in Midlothian, VA

"Capital One is a wonderful company and I am incredibly thankful for the opportunity I was provided."

Work Setting 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5
Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5
Posted 7 months ago in Mettawa, IL

"The work environment is good and hierarchy is good to work. People are friendly and helpful."

Growth Opportunities 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5
People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5
Company Culture 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
Equipment Services Project Manager
Posted 8 months ago in Tigard, OR

"Capital One is a great company. Unfortunately, the company strategy is to have a co-located Project Management team. Because of the recent strategy change my job has been eliminated."

Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Way You Work 4 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5
Work Setting 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Bank Teller
Posted 8 months ago in Oakdale, LA

"I have worked for Capital One. It is a good company to work for. However, the compensation that you get is not enough for the type of work that you do and what it consists of. In my opinion, I think that some workers are underpaid. In addition to this, there is no room for advancement as this is one of the things that I look for in a job."

Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5
Person You Work For 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5
Bank Teller
Posted 9 months ago in New York City, NY

"It really depends on your Branch Manager, mine wasn't on top of her projects, forcing all the employees to work at triple strength to make up for her shortcomings. When the chips are you were basically on your own. Back office, HR, and branch phone support are great,"

Person You Work For 3 / 5 Way You Work 3 / 5 Support You Get 2 / 5