If you still think Twitter’s a lame platform for bored individuals to tell everyone about that great meal they just had, you’re way behind.
Some of the top, most notable career experts are on Twitter, and they are constantly tweeting valuable advice on careers, job hunting, networking, resumes, and more.
If you don’t follow us @CareerBliss, do so! We’re heavily engaged in the career expert scene on Twitter. We make it a point to relentlessly stay on top of the best career experts with similar goals of helping people in every step of their job hunt.
So, check out our favorite career Tweeps to help you amp up your Twitter network:
1. @CornontheJob Former corporate recruiter Rich DeMatteo runs Corn on the Job. He offers career advice and also runs #jobhuntchat Mondays at 10 p.m. EST.
2. @HeatherHuhman Founder and president of marketing and PR firm Come Recommended, Heather Huhman also is the author of several books, including #EntryLevelTweet: Taking Your Career from Classroom to Cubicle.
3. @JTODONNELL Founder of CareeRealism, JT O’ Donnell frequently retweets advice articles from her network of “CareeRealism Approved Experts.” Meaning, by following her, you’ll get the advice of several other career experts in your news feed along with links to career expert JT O’ Donnell’s articles.
4. @BrazenCareerist With online social networking events, like the Networking Roulette, following the Brazen Careerist team offers you a chance to network with other job seekers and professionals along with job advice.
5. @CareerSherpa Career coach Hannah Morgan heads up the Twitter account for the site Career Sherpa, which aims to guide professionals in navigating their careers.
6. @CareerBright Run by career consultant Shweta, CareerBright offers valuable job trends in the news and advice for both job seekers and working professionals.
7. @BizMeBizGal Cofounder of bizMe.biz online magazine for professional females and Generation Y, Amanda runs #careerchat every Tuesday 10 a.m. PST.
8. @ResumeBear Their tweets specialize in offering advice for job seekers regarding resume writing and online job hunting.
9. @InsideJobs With a focus on education, InsideJobs offers tweets about great careers and workplace trends on the daily.
10. @Keppie_Careers The feed is led by Miriam Salpeter, a job search and social media coach, resume writer & author of Social Networking for Career Success. Keppie Careers aims to empower successful job seekers and entrepreneurs.