Bank of America Reviews

On average, employees at Bank of America give their company a 4.0 rating out of 5.0 - which is 5% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Bank of America employees are Mortgage Loan Processors submitting an average rating of 5.0 and Sales Representatives also with a rating of 5.0. Browse Bank of America Reviews by Job Title →

(based on 911 Bank of America Review Ratings)
Company Culture 3.9
Way You Work 4.1
Work Setting 4.1

1465 Bank of America Company Reviews and Ratings

5.0Posted 5 months ago in Thousand Oaks, CA
"I've worked for the Bank of America/Countrywide Home Loans and Countrywide Bank since 2006 and absolutely loved it. My career was exciting and I found many long term friends through B of A. I learned much as an EA working in several departments and really enjoyed my time with the bank. Their training courses, modules, on the job training and management are stellar. My overall experience was excellent and I'd love to work for them again if given the opportunity."
Posted last week in Jersey City, NJ

"Very pleasant working experience with Bank Of America."

People You Work With 5 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5
Way You Work 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Work Setting 4 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5
Team Manager
Posted last week in Camarillo, CA

"I've worked for Bank of America for more than three years and enjoyed the relationship I had with the company and would work there again in the future."

Work Setting 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5
Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Person You Work For 4 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5

Bank of America (1465)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is Consolidated Edison (26)
3.0 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Citizens Financial Group (10)
Posted last week in Simi Valley, CA

"I've worked for BofA for almost four years in Home Loans. Working in such a big company is a great experience. The employees become specialists and with the time this can become frustrating. My advice is to keep learning by yourselves so you can move to another position inside or outside the Bank."

People You Work With 5 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5
Person You Work For 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5
Work Setting 4 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5
Posted last week in Wilmington, DE

"Decent job, low pay, and this was an employer specific situation. Others were paid 20% more down the road."

People You Work With 3 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Way You Work 3 / 5 Company Culture 2 / 5
Person You Work For 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5

Average Bank of America Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Financial Solutions Advisor
Posted this month in Northridge, CA

"Depends on some factors. It could be the best place for you and you are not into a 6 figures income, or probably low 6 figure income.Bonus structure very complex and sometimes they get lost. You have to spend lot of time to do lot of admin work."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Support You Get 2 / 5
Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
Senior Operations Consultant
Posted this month in Simi Valley, CA

"I was with Bank of America Default Service Operations for over 7 years. I enjoyed the various groups and peers and continually learned from them and they - as frequently, from me."

Way You Work 5 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Growth Opportunities 4 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
Posted this month in Charlotte, NC
Growth Opportunities 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5
Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5
Posted this month in Charleston, SC

"One of the best companies to work for."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Way You Work 5 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5
Posted last month in New York City, NY

"My experience with BOA was pleasant and enjoyable."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5
Team Manager
Posted last month in Concord, CA

"Bank of America management will drive their management staff and direct reports to the edge."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5 Way You Work 3 / 5
Person You Work For 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5
Senior Teller
Posted last month in Bend, OR

"Bank of America has been a fantastic company to work for. Benefits are available to full and part time associates, without waiting a trial period. The cost of health benefits is pretty low compared to what I have heard others are paying at their company. The breadth of benefits is also a huge draw. 3 months paid maternity AND paternity leave, adoption reimbursement, 401K matching, etc. I feel valued as an associate and have had opportunities to step outside the black and white of my role and develop my skills for future advancement."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Growth Opportunities 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Posted 3 months ago in Alexandria, VA

"I've worked for the bank for the past 8 years and the bank offers many great benefits."

Work Setting 4 / 5 Way You Work 2 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5
Company Culture 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5
People You Work With 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5
Assistant Vice President
Posted 3 months ago in Pittsburgh, PA

"I have been with Bank of America for seven years. I am currently managing complaints that come in through all delivery channels including regulatory agencies. The company has been good to me and has fostered an environment that allows me to improve in my leadership skills as well as other skills to advance within the organization. Bank of America unfortunately does not have a strong presence here in the Pittsburgh area and has been displacing people slowly. We are the next group to be displaced and I currently prefer to stay local. With that said, there is not an opportunity for me to remain with the company at this time. However, if I change my mind, a number of individuals have reached out to me to use a reference or contact person for now and in the future especially if I am willing to relocate."

People You Work With 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Growth Opportunities 4 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5
Person You Work For 5 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5
Posted 3 months ago in Charlotte, NC

"I've got to say it has been a wonderful experience and I have learned a lot from the guys I worked together with. My position was a contractor; never the less. the bank always made me feel like I was at home and part of the group. I would definitely recommend anyone looking to work in the eCommerce or mobility department. Great experience and lot of folks that will help you become a better professional."

Way You Work 4 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
Growth Opportunities 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Assistant Vice President
Posted 3 months ago in New York City, NY

"I have been with the company for almost 4 years and the work that I've done is top notch with the technology that you get. Very satisfied."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5