Bank of America Reviews Browse Bank of America Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at Bank of America give their company a 4.0 rating out of 5.0 - which is 5% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Bank of America employees are Contract Underwriters submitting an average rating of 4.9 and Operations Analysts with a rating of 4.8.

(based on 1101 Bank of America Review Ratings)
Company Culture 3.9
Growth Opportunities 3.6
People You Work With 4.4
Person You Work For 4.2
Rewards You Receive 3.8
Support You Get 4.0
Way You Work 4.1
Work Setting 4.1
"I have worked for Bank of America for 26 years. In that time I have always found it possible to move ahead and find great opportunities inside the company moving from retail to marketing to inside and outside sales to startups! It was unfortunate that the company made a surprise decision to close the entire $1 billion business. All that said it was an amazing place to work and grow and I love the associates and customers."
Posted 12 months ago in Seattle, WA

1,817 Bank of America Company Reviews and Ratings Browse Bank of America Reviews by Job Title →

Posted last week in New York City, NY

"Java (Core Java, Multithreading, Security, JMS, GC tuning, OOPs concepts, JVM and Memory Management)"

Posted last week in Calabasas, CA

"Huge, professional and employee friendly environment. Highly recommend for hard working people."

Bank of America (1817)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Home Finance of America (16)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is OneMain Financial (8)
Posted last week in Charlotte, NC

"I'm new to the company. It's strong. The only noticeable thing is the 'contractor' versus employee relationship. It's a bit overboard."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Senior Development Lead
Posted this month in Plano, TX

"I work for a business company."

Average Bank of America Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Posted this month in Frisco, TX

"I've worked at Bank of America for 5 years. It's a company with lots of opportunity and a very good volunteer program. They also are pretty good at communications with town halls and such. Depending where you work in the bank there are lots of career mobility that can happen."

Development Architect
Posted this month in Jacksonville, FL

"Nice . They do what they say."

Assistant Vice President
Posted this month in Richmond, VA

"I have with one of the biggest bank in world and developed a lot of expertise in managing and support infrastructure in a complex environment."

Posted this month in Charlotte, NC

"- Excellent place to work. - You get to learn a lot about cutting edge technologies."

Posted last month in Dallas, TX

"Great company, great technology, was happy to work there."

Posted last month in Charlotte, NC

"Worked for few years and OK work experience. Has good work-life benefits but company runs by bureaucracies and politics. Promotions are not based on merits, and has very poor career development tools/opportunities."

Loan Processor
Posted last month in Tempe, AZ

"I loved working at BOA. I would love to go back. My supervisor was Dudley Bowlin and he was awesome and so were my co-workers."

Posted last month in Brea, CA

"I was employed with Bank of America for approximately 2 years. They are a great company to work for, they have a wonderful benefits package and focus on providing outstanding customer service."

Systems Business Analyst
Posted last month in Concord, CA

"I've worked for Bank of America for 20+ years. Keep in mind many of the open job positions are located on the east coast."

Posted last month in Agoura Hills, CA

"Bank of America is a financial company that builds great technology products anticipating customer needs, being a large organization there are well defined processes to meet regulatory requirements."

Posted last month in Getzville, NY

"Bank of America is full of extremely talented hard working individuals. Many join the bank seeking a challenging experience within a large industry leading company. For this reason it is very competitive. There are several people willing to go the distance to get the job done, and for me, it was a rewarding learning experience as iron sharpens iron. Unfortunately, If you stand out, you will be sought after and you will work long hours, but you will not be compensated equitably for your work. Even so, you will walk away with experience that is unrivaled by other companies. They are flexible and adaptive to industry demand, driving the industry. There are also several opportunities to move around within the bank, allowing you to learn and broaden your experience. As I was an independent contributor in a management level band I took several lateral positions to broaden my experience and make my skill-set more valuable. I was also able to work remote the majority of my time I worked there, which allowed me to seek positions all over the company without moving and to collaborate with team members all over the country. Compensation is not competitive; however, I recommend regarding your work at Bank of America similar to earning a masters degree, paying for the experience. I worked for Bank of America for 8 years, my work was rewarding and I received much accolade and respect. I realized after about 5 years that my compensation was not growing in line with the respect I was receiving. I stayed because of the relationships I had built, however, during widespread layoffs I lost several close associates. At that point, I realized it didn't make sense for me to stay. If you are looking for a position that you can commit to for about 4-5 years, to gain a lot of experience, I highly recommend Bank of America. If you do look at Bank of America as a long term opportunity, you with likely be disappointed."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5