AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Reviews

Retail Sales Consultants at AT&T give their company a 3.6 out of 5.0, while the average rating for AT&T is 3.9, making them 8% less happy than every other employee at AT&T and just as happy as every other Retail Sales Consultant on CareerBliss - the happiest Retail Sales Consultants work for Cingular Wireless.

(based on 29 Retail Sales Consultant Review Ratings)

37 Retail Sales Consultant AT&T Reviews and Ratings

Posted 4 months ago in Glenmont, NY

"I've worked for AT&T since 2009. Great company to work for with opportunities for advancement with the company. My time spent there has been very knowledgeable and helped me to build great work ethic with a great work environment."

People You Work With 5 Growth Opportunities 5 Person You Work For 5
Rewards You Receive 5 Way You Work 5 Support You Get 5
Company Culture 4 Work Setting 5
Posted last year

"Horrific hours with good pay and almost unbeatable benefits for a retail job."

What do you like about working at AT&T?

"AT&T's pay and benefits are tough to beat. It is a great job for any students who aren't afraid to work hard."

"Have a sales background, learn the products and know how to close. This is like any other sales job: you need to have a flexible personality and be able to mirror your interviewer just like you need to mirror your customers. AT&T strives for a high customer service rating, so you need to sell yourself in the interview."

What don't you like about working at AT&T?

"Union scheduling. Seniority earns the best shifts, regardless of whether that senior is a top producer."

"Boost morale and your sales will be boosted. Connect with your employees and they will want to succeed for you."

Work Setting 4 Way You Work 5 People You Work With 5
Support You Get 5 Person You Work For 4 Company Culture 4
Growth Opportunities 5 Rewards You Receive 5

Average Retail Sales Consultant Ratings in the Past 4 Years

2014 $4
Posted last year in Chattanooga, TN

What do you like about working at AT&T?

"I liked the people I worked with and how much I got paid."

"The money is great, so if you can put up with the middle school environment, then so be it. In my opinion, the stress that comes from the company itself (not from the customers) isn't worth it."

What don't you like about working at AT&T?

"I didn't like the company or the direction it is taking. AT&T was solely worried about money, rather than about the people who earn it for them."

"Stop the favoritism! I went through 4 managers while I was there, and only one of them was worth my time. She got promoted, and rightfully so."

Rewards You Receive 5 Work Setting 3 Company Culture 1
Support You Get 2 Growth Opportunities 2 People You Work With 3
Person You Work For 3 Way You Work 2
Posted this month in Buffalo, NY

What do you like about working at AT&T?

"I love the possibility of career advancement. Also, we are on the edge of what's coming out. In the near future, everything will be based off of wireless communications and/or data."

"You have to be a hard-working individual who realizes that, as a sales consultant, you are working retail hours. These hours can be incredibly demanding. You need to always want to do better and surpass your quota to make good money. It's an awesome job to have!"

What don't you like about working at AT&T?

"Unless you're willing to move, it's very hard to get a promotion. Apart from that, I love my job!"

"With all of the changes management has made towards helping the customer by any means possible (and with Our Promise to the customer), I wouldn't change much."

Rewards You Receive 3 Way You Work 4 Company Culture 4
Growth Opportunities 4 Person You Work For 3 People You Work With 5
Support You Get 4 Work Setting 4

Average AT&T Attributes by Retail Sales Consultant

Posted this month in Virginia Beach, VA

"It was a wonderful 8 years, but there was no room for advancement."

What do you like about working at AT&T?

"I enjoyed helping others, delivering exceptional customer service, and learning about new products."

"Know that AT&T is a reputable brand with great benefits, but you'll have to work hard to earn your place."

What don't you like about working at AT&T?

"I did not enjoy favoritism, the lack of room for advancement, racism, and the fact that commission structure was poor after 5 years."

"Promote those who earn it and abide by EEOC policies and protocol."

People You Work With 5 Rewards You Receive 5 Way You Work 5
Person You Work For 4 Growth Opportunities 1 Work Setting 2
Support You Get 5 Company Culture 2
Posted 2 years ago in Orlando, FL

What do you like about working at AT&T?

"I can work weekends and they pay me okay money."

"It will seem good at first, but over time, you will outgrow the job and begin to hate life."

What don't you like about working at AT&T?

"The job does not fit my goals, career path, skills or education."

"Put policies in place to support employees."

People You Work With 5 Rewards You Receive 3 Way You Work 1
Person You Work For 3 Company Culture 2 Work Setting 2
Growth Opportunities 1 Support You Get 3
Posted 2 years ago in San Mateo, CA

"It was an experience that fostered personal growth."

What do you like about working at AT&T?

"In terms of the dynamics of the store employees, I liked the culture in the retail stores."

"Be creative, outgoing, and direct. Don't be afraid to second-guess questionable tactics."

What don't you like about working at AT&T?

"Upward growth opportunity is very limited, and it plateaus once you're in a management position."

"Put more focus on front-line employees. After all, they're the face of the company."

Work Setting 4 People You Work With 5 Support You Get 4
Rewards You Receive 4 Growth Opportunities 3 Way You Work 3
Company Culture 4 Person You Work For 5
Posted 2 years ago

What do you like about working at AT&T?

"The pay was great and they always trained you. Every time the company was introducing a new phone, the crew was a bit catty... But on the plus side, you always got a new phone and there was never a bill for your service."

"Smile and know a lot about customer service. Be high tech, and show off your selling skills. Charm will definitely win the bosses over."

What don't you like about working at AT&T?

"It was so stressful! The management was consently watching you and how you worked. Customer service was key, so if you were not willing to 100% kiss the customer's behind, then this wasn't the job for you."

"Care more about your employees, and let them sit down when they're tired. Acknowledge key performers and listen to them!"

People You Work With 2 Company Culture 2 Work Setting 3
Growth Opportunities 1 Way You Work 2 Rewards You Receive 3
Person You Work For 1 Support You Get 3
Posted 2 years ago in Winter Park, FL

What do you like about working at AT&T?

"I like the technology although it is not for me anymore with the change of event of what my needs are."

"The hardwork will get you probably and asst to asst mgr which will pay you less then after store manager. While becoming a store manger in retail you will work harder than ever beacuse you will be alway on the grind. You might as well have a pillow for over night work at the office. You will just have to hope that it is notice. While doing so a new college grad will just skip all those steps and become the big boss after three months of training."

What don't you like about working at AT&T?

"I have been here for so long and it is putting a stress on my life. Weekends are not guaranteed. Commisions are lowered every year. But it would be great for someone just starting out. I have just hot a plateau. Standing all day and just a number on a spreadsheet. Do not feel valued."

"Since the fronline is the motor of the company I would stop lowering commisions and give more opportunities to move up excluding becoming some type of retail frontline manager."

Rewards You Receive 3 Way You Work 3 People You Work With 4