AT&T Premises Technician Reviews

Premises Technicians at AT&T give their company a 3.3 out of 5.0, while the average rating for AT&T is 3.9, making them 17% less happy than every other employee at AT&T and 3% happier than every other Premises Technician on CareerBliss - the happiest Premises Technicians work for AT&T.

(based on 49 Premises Technician Review Ratings)
Posted 2 months ago in Gardena, CA

"AT&T is a great company that has paid training and doesn't require a lot of certifications. Ive been working for the company for about 2 years going on three now. For the position that I am in, there is little to no supervision required and I like that a lot. As long as you are doing what you're supposed to be doing and being where you're supposed to be, you should NO problems whatsoever. The pay is ok, especially if you don't have any experience at all. The raise is every six months, until you hit max pay. It's a great position for those who doesn't have kids or a family, due to the fact that you are working so many hours, nights included. One of the great things about working for this company are the benefits, like 50% off all services. I hope this review helps anybody who is interested!"

62 Premises Technician AT&T Reviews and Ratings

Posted this month in Garland, TX

"I have worked with AT&T for 5 years now. I find that moving up is a challenge from the bottom. They have good training and good work ethics. The supervisors have a team method which I have enjoyed. I feel that decisions are not made by me or my supervisor, yet forced by check list."

Person You Work For 5 People You Work With 5 Work Setting 4

Average Premises Technician Ratings in the Past 4 Years

2013 $2
2014 $4
Posted 9 months ago in Houston, TX

"AT&T is the worst company I ever worked for. Good concepts but horrible plant issues. Over the top enforcement of rules. My biggest issue was I didn't believe in the product, how can you compete with cable companies using the same lines that were put in when AT&T first came to Houston. U Verse is no good."

Person You Work For 2 People You Work With 4 Work Setting 3
Support You Get 4 Rewards You Receive 4 Growth Opportunities 3
Company Culture 3 Way You Work 2
Posted 10 months ago in Spring, TX

"I would recommend AT&T as a employer."

Person You Work For 5 People You Work With 5 Work Setting 3
Support You Get 4 Rewards You Receive 4 Growth Opportunities 5
Company Culture 3 Way You Work 4

Average AT&T Attributes by Premises Technician

2.5
2.5
Posted 10 months ago in Smyrna, GA

"AT&T is a really good company."

Person You Work For 5 People You Work With 5 Work Setting 5
Support You Get 5 Rewards You Receive 5 Growth Opportunities 5
Company Culture 4 Way You Work 5
Posted 11 months ago in Houston, TX

"The overall job with dealing with customers and the technology is EXCELLENT! The problem with the company is the lack of caring they have for their employees. They constantly look for something to discipline you for and write you up. 90% of the people who I worked for experienced anxiety, stress, depression, sleep disorders, and were in constant fear of losing their jobs. This is not good for morale or motivation. Also the company is divided into management and union workers."

Person You Work For 2 People You Work With 5 Work Setting 1
Support You Get 5 Rewards You Receive 5 Growth Opportunities 2
Company Culture 1 Way You Work 4
Posted 11 months ago in Northbrook, IL

"ATT is a fantastic company to work for. The premise tech position is slave for hire work. The hours to get the Uverse system installed are too long and cumbersome. The pay and hours do not equate and therefore you work massive hours of overtime just to balance a livable income."

Person You Work For 2 People You Work With 4 Work Setting 4
Support You Get 5 Rewards You Receive 2 Growth Opportunities 2
Company Culture 3 Way You Work 5
Posted this month in Dallas, TX

"This is NOT your father's AT&T. U-verse is managed by child minded people who think that having a 40% turnover rate of Premise Technicians, to reach their numbers, to receive better bonuses is good management. It doesn't take a genius to see that doing the same thing every month and expecting change is simply insanity, but like I said they are child minded."

Person You Work For 2 People You Work With 4 Work Setting 1
Support You Get 3 Rewards You Receive 3 Growth Opportunities 1
Company Culture 1 Way You Work 2
Posted last year in Indianapolis, IN

"AT@T is terrible place to work at least in uverse"

What do you like about working at AT&T?

"PAY AND BENEFITS ARE GOOD BUT NOT GREAT HERE AT AT@T"

"IF you need a job badly its ok ,but if you have something descent try it out first because this place is terrible run away !!!!!!!!!"

What don't you like about working at AT&T?

"Employees are treated poorly with bad equipment and poor systems ,no time for family life, no loyality, turn over here is like working for fast food...half of my garage got fired over two years time. Bad modems and cable boxes count against you and will get you suspended or fired.no future"

"Employees and customers are assets not just a number. new employees cost a lot of money to train and get up to speed"

Person You Work For 3 People You Work With 4 Work Setting 1
Support You Get 2 Rewards You Receive 3 Growth Opportunities 1
Company Culture 1 Way You Work 1
Posted last year

What do you like about working at AT&T?

"It's a job. I collect a paycheck and there are benefits."

"This is a job, not a career. Use it as a stepping stone until something better comes along."

What don't you like about working at AT&T?

"Everything an employee does is somehow calculated and graded. How long your truck idles, how long you are on a job, how many jobs you completed vs. jobs returned. Often you are dispatched on jobs that are not ready to be installed, and those jobs need to be returned in the system. However, returning a job goes against your dispatch efficiency which you are expected to maintain at a certain percentage. Some managers are not familiar with the work the technicians are doing and make unreasonable or asinine requests of the technicians. AT&T has a system (MSOC) that they feel is infallible. The system measures every job the same way (according to the services being installed), and does not allow for the uniqueness of each job. A 3-box install in a 2-bedroom apartment is a lot different than a 3-box install in a 5000 square foot home. As a technician, you still get the same amount of time to do both."

"I would really focus on the customers instead of the shareholders. I would talk to and have a working relationship with the hourly employees. Find out what they are experiencing and what they are hearing from the customers. I would hire managers from within the company - managers who have experience performing the jobs of the employees they will be managing. Get rid of the bean counters who think that everything can be measured by numbers. Listen to the technicians in the field. Hire trainers that have actually done the job that they are training technicians to do. Quality, quality, quality."

Person You Work For 2 People You Work With 2 Work Setting 1