On average, employees at AT&T give their company a 3.9 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest AT&T employees are Engineers submitting an average rating of 5.0 and Cable Splicing Technicians also with a rating of 5.0.

(based on 2262 AT&T Review Ratings)
"AT&T is a great company that has paid training and doesn't require a lot of certifications. Ive been working for the company for about 2 years going on three now. For the position that I am in, there is little to no supervision required and I like that a lot. As long as you are doing what you're supposed to be doing and being where you're supposed to be, you should NO problems whatsoever. The pay is ok, especially if you don't have any experience at all. The raise is every six months, until you hit max pay. It's a great position for those who don't have kids or a family, due to the fact that you are working so many hours, nights included. One of the great things about working for this company are the benefits, like 50% off all services. I hope this review helps anybody who is interested!"
Posted 9 months ago in Gardena, CA
Wire Technician
Posted last month

"FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NEVER, EVER even apply for the wire tech position! This is the worst job I have ever had in my 25 years of working! AT&T has a policy of antagonism, intimidation, and fomenting a hostile work environment, at least for wire/prem technicians. I'm not sure if this is an upper-management level policy, or if it's just on the local level with local managers. The 'metrics' or numbers that the techs have to meet are manipulated so that no one can pass the standards. 1. Quality is foremost, and it sounds like something good, but it is a changing thing. Every week a "new" TASK has to be done, in ADDITION to all the other tasks required to pass the "quality" standards. Install and test a new type of "branded" jack in customers houses, and if another technician has to re-visit an installation you did within 30 days, that's a strike against your quality metric. I have personally had several repeats just for silly customers who didn't know how to work a remote control! REALLY? Then there are the SAFETY metrics you wear your safety glasses, safety vest, put your safety strap on your ladder, do your check for voltage on the cable strand, do you put your park brake on, do you put out your 3 cones, do you wear your gloves, your hard hat, and a THOUSAND more insanely silly "safety" rules. It's not that all these rules have a reason for existing, but they aren't about safety, really; It's about preempting lawsuits, not about safety. Also, another metric: Installing a damn MYATT app on the customers' phones (they are VERY punitive when you don't do this! Why is that app so important to AT&T? Is it a monitoring device?) If you add in "SMARTCHAT", an app where you chat in to India or the Phillipines to make corrections to errors on orders, it is a minimum of an hour of just typing in "chats" on your IPAD, I am almost out of characters, just let me finish by saying, please don't work for this company! you will have no peace at all."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Technician
Posted last month in Brecksville, OH

"I've been working for the company a little over a year. As a female I'm a bit of an oddity for the position, so it's possible my experience is a bit different. The benefits are decent, along with the pay. You don't really need to come into the company with any prior experience. They have paid training which is nice, however the training is a bit of a joke so you don't really have a clue until you're out in the field. Once out in the field the job in the companies eyes is all numbers. You're expected to be at a certain percentage in all the categories which is typically high 90s or over 100% because to them that's average. You get a set time for each job, but they don't factor in when you run into issues, certain types of customers, there's no individual looking at jobs besides how long they expect it to take you. Techs are constantly being written up for minuscule things, probably because the rules seem to change every other week. And God forbid you're on 2nd shift, you will never see a manager, never hear about the new rules or get to have meetings to hear about the new rules/things happening, you just have to be very reliant off of other techs for information. Actually using benefits such as sick days is also a pain in the ass. If you use a sick day, you automatically have to apply for FMLA, if you don't apply OR your FMLA is denied you then get written up. If you're a woman, please pray you don't get pregnant. If so then you may be placed on disability for the entire duration of your pregnancy. My area no longer offers light duty, so I've been put on disability, as long as it gets approved. So I will be making minimum wage, and then after taxes, my health insurance, bills and rent: I'll have basic living money along with trying to save up and prepare for the up coming baby. The company swears they care about their employees but in reality all we are is numbers. They don't care about you personally or their customers, just the money they take in."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5

AT&T (3282)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is Adtech (6)
2.5 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Blue Fountain Media (7)
Senior Technical Support Specialist
Posted 5 months ago in Fairview, KS
Oracle DBA
Posted 5 months ago in Richardson, TX

"I have worked for AT&T for the last 2 years and it has been a pretty good experience. Most of the time I am rushing to complete the tight schedules and the oncall used to be more frequent each time. However I feel satisfied with this job."

Average AT&T Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Senior QA Analyst
Posted 5 months ago in Atlanta, GA

"I have been working for AT&T client, less than a year, and had an opportunity to work on complex tasks and projects; overall it's a great experience working with ATT."

Posted 5 months ago in San Antonio, TX

"I worked as a contractor for 2 years. I enjoyed the professional work ethic and the casual dress code. The work was demanding but not overly pressured."

Posted 5 months ago in Pittsburgh, PA

"AT&T is a leader in innovative technology and a great place to work to grow and learn."

Posted 5 months ago in Dallas, TX

"Great place to learn in depth about project management, sales tactics, and general office etiquette. Excellent benefits structure. As with most companies, the pay for internal candidates is not excellent, so it is definitely best to get started in management from an external source. Plenty of opportunities for growth if you are willing to put in the time and work."

Senior Software Engineer
Posted 5 months ago in Bothell, WA

"Excellent work culture. It's great working there and had learned a lot. It's always great to work with giants like these companies."

Posted 5 months ago in Middletown, NJ

"ATT has been client of my organization and I am working for them since 2007. ATT has a great learning and working atmosphere. They work on all the different advanced technology. It is very flexible company. Very good for people."

Posted 5 months ago in Cleveland, OH

"I worked for AT&T for 15 years. While there is opportunity to move around, there is not much room for actual advancement. Most moves are lateral. Working remote is a wonderful "perk" but it's hard to end your work day too. Sadly, there is a lot of surplus activity within the company and throughout the year people are laid off and then replaced with external contractors instead of experienced, devoted employees. Overall I was very happy with my time at AT&T and was fortunate to work with and for some wonderful staff."

Posted 5 months ago in McHenry, IL

"I have worked for AT&T for two years and found the company to be foolish and uninformed. This company does not treat their employees with any respect whatsoever. AT&T raises expectations but does not improve equipment or wiring to customers homes. They have failed in regards to their customers and are falling behind the entire world in regards to technology. I grade AT&T an F!"

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Posted 6 months ago in Deer Trail, CO

"AT&T is a great company to work for."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Project Management Consultant
Posted 6 months ago in Atlanta, GA

"Worked for AT&T on several positions and found them to be a strong company and don't take care of contractors as well as employees doing the same jobs."

Embedded Firmware Engineer