2.0
(based on 2 Arhaus Furniture Review Ratings)
Company Culture 3.0

Work Setting 3 / 5 People You Work With 4.9 / 5 Person You Work For 1.1 / 5
Rewards You Receive 2.9 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1.1 / 5
Interior Specialist
Posted 4 years ago in Pontiac, MI

"One of the best and worst experiences of my life"

What do you like about working at Arhaus Furniture?

"I loved the experience working with the public and doing minor interior design concepts."

What don't you like about working at Arhaus Furniture?

"I experienced some unexpected, unfortunate lack of diversity , I had to adventual quit. I sent this letter to the Human Resource Department about this serious offense, I never received an answer back.Dear ---------,Thank you very much for the opportunity to work for such a prestigious company as Arhaus.Interior Design has been a life long dream of mine. I walked into this job as a very confident,creative, articulate, and zealous person. I had one goal and one goal only in mind and that was to work as a team. I take pride in my work and I believe that I demonstrated that with my first months sales being Twenty Six Thousand dollars. The second month was slow for me but I felt that it was only temporary. I am a 38 year old mother and interior design student at the Academy of Design and Technology. I am also the first African American at the Birmingham , MI Store. This is not my first job and yes Ive worked with as well as have friends and associates of other cultures. I left due to three unrelated incidence, that were not judge on facts but stereotyping. That was my conclusion after only one side was heard fairly, and my side wasnt. The response I got was not what I expected . In each case the opposite party was heard and the respond I got several times was but they said. Each case was different, but each responds wasnt based on what had happen but a stereotypical idea of what would happen in a representation of a person that was far from what I am and by many perceived to be, which is radical. I was very insulted by the remarks made by a co-worker, based solely on Stereotyping, with no validity at all. I found it very difficult to have a supervisor that was not researching to get the factsin order to have a harmonious work place. I was told to come to my supervisor to prevent a problem from escalating and my supervisor was not listening and telling me what the other party said, then referring to my sales etc.. while this obvious situation needs to be address alone. I felt I could not receive refuge. My relationship with my supervisor I thought overall was great. After several situations had arose and not been handled in a professional manner, it was evident after the last incident which was racial commented, it would be in my best interest, and the interest of our clients to resign, rather than be faced each day with working in a Hostile and Disruptive environment.I quit because I didnt have a voice. The last incident was I coming to my supervisor about an situation that happened to me. Somehow it got reverse and the culprit became the victims. Yes, Ive lost sleep because it wasnt fair. It was with deep sorrow that I had to make the decision to resignbut as a professional, I don't think anyone should be subjected to racism and being told that they are hated in this day and age.Sincerely,Kenya Nelson"

"To take every employees request serious. Whether the situation is rare or not, every story has two sides."

Anonymous Employee
Posted 5 years ago in Boston, MA

"Enter at your own risl,"

What do you like about working at Arhaus Furniture?

"Store is beautiful. Always bring in new merchandise, quickly gets rid of pieces that dont work in our market."

"Ask alot of detailed questions. Company does not let you know your acutal day to day job duties until after you are hired. IE: cleaning toilets, cleaning a very large store, EVERY day, going to the bank during selling hours, etc. Company also makes false promises of pay that will never actually materialize."

"Treat people with respect. Communication between upper management and rank and file is the worst I have experienced in my entire working life."