Current CEO: Peter S. Krauss
AllianceBernstein, conveniently based out of midtown Manhattan in New York City, is a global investment firm known for its dedication to thorough research and a client-centric business model. Investment options are initiated by a personal client interview to address specific goals and challenges, followed by extensive research conducted in order to determine the most effective route of achieving those goals.
Extensive and varied investment services are comprehensive in order to address the varying needs of a wide range of global clientele:
• Private Clients: Financial guidance for individuals and families, with offices in the United States and London
• Mutual Fund Investors: Offering services throughout North and South America, Europe, Asia, and the Pacific Rim
• Financial Advisors: Experienced advice for individual investors at all financial levels
• Financial Services Firms: Investment support for banks, insurance companies and other large institutions
• Defined Benefit and/or Contribution Plans: Financial advice for corporate, public or union funds
• Superannuation Plans: Available throughout Australia and New Zealand
• Endowments, Foundations, and Charities: Financial management for universities, hospitals, research foundations and other organizations
• Sovereign Wealth Funds & Central Banks
AllianceBernstein also supports an extensive sell-side research department with its own independent infrastructure.
The AllianceBernstein culture in the workplace encourages intellectual curiosity, fosters a creative work environment, and celebrates entrepreneurship and innovation. Company success is directly linked to individual performance, which is supported and improved through extensive partnerships and cultivation of diversity. Management is approachable and encourages positive dialogue.
AllianceBernstein benefits are not limited just to a competitive benefits package, although that is comprehensive. Working at AllianceBernstein also offers:
• Extensive training and research support and resources
• Scheduling conducive to optimum work/life balance
• Incentive bonuses
• Industry exposure
• Growth opportunity
AllianceBernstein careers fall into three main categories, all of which reflect the company’s intentional commitment to professional growth and development. Through specific performance metrics and demand of a strong work ethic, proven success models help to promote involvement and engagement among employees.
Career paths lie along these three areas:
• Financial Advisor: An ideal candidate will have more than a decade of experience building successful client relationships, although specific financial experience is not required.
• Research Analyst: An ideal candidate should have strong analysis and quantitative skills, an outstanding academic record, and hold an MBA. A candidate should also have five or more years of experience in finance or marketing.
• Technology Associate: This position provides development opportunities for employees across a wide range of skills within the IT department, particularly in Software Development and Infrastructure.