AIG Reviews

On average, employees at AIG give their company a 3.9 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest AIG employees are Consultants submitting an average rating of 5.0 and Business Analysts with a rating of 4.6. Browse AIG Reviews by Job Title →

(based on 121 AIG Review Ratings)
Company Culture 3.7
Work Setting 4.0

327 AIG Company Reviews and Ratings

Compliance Associate
Posted last month in Houston, TX

"I worked here for four years. I witnessed the unfortunate downfall of several stars and top performers. These were smart, ethical professionals upon whom others would rely for their industry and company specific expertise. Many of these stellar performers were replaced by politically motivated decisions having zero to do with following the law or company policy. Personally, the replacement manager I inherited did not know the industry or the subject matter, and did not desire to learn.The rank and yank performance review system served to tank employee morale when it was rolled out. We were told the performance rating was based on how we performed against others in our group; however, we were never told who these other higher performers were, their accomplishments, etc. Furthermore, it was applied unfairly from location to location.Finally, the corporate stance is to punish and retaliate against whistleblowers. Hopefully the new CEO will do a better job of leading this organization in a more ethical direction."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Way You Work 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Person You Work For 1 / 5 Company Culture 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5
Work Setting 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Posted 3 months ago in Olathe, KS

"Horribly underpaid position. No way to advance. Career path advancement is pure propaganda . Many people in higher level jobs either lack training or should I just say, incompetent? No raise in 3 years. Their scheme is called STI's for short term incentives. That way you get a small bonus if you made high production and no raise if you don't make it the next year. Bonus never figures out to be worth it since you get it in one chunk, the taxes wipe it out! Lousy place to work. Avoid."

Growth Opportunities 1 / 5 Way You Work 3 / 5 Person You Work For 3 / 5
Work Setting 1 / 5 Company Culture 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5

AIG (327)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Flying J (10)
2.5 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Word & Brown Insurance Administrators (9)
Posted 3 months ago in Atlanta, GA

"I've worked for AIG AEROSPACE since 2007, they have many layoffs a year and expect employees to work without raises."

Growth Opportunities 1 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5
Company Culture 3 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Way You Work 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5
VP of Operations and Administration
Posted 4 months ago in New York City, NY

"Management is not involved in the work."

Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5

Average AIG Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Posted 4 months ago in Fort Worth, TX

"Great place, better people."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5 Way You Work 3 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5
Leadman
Posted 4 months ago in Los Angeles, CA

"I worked on the year 2012, everybody was really friendly to me. They have different departments and really good understanding managers. I could not longer work there because I became pregnant and it would affect my pregnancy. Basically most of my family members have worked there, some have had good experience and some have not at all, but my experience was good. Whats really good about that company is that they're not racist and they hire every different kind of people and it doesn't matter what age."

Company Culture 4 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5
Growth Opportunities 4 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5
Claim Setup Technician
Posted 4 months ago in Alpharetta, GA

"I worked for AIG for 8 wonderful months. I found the job challenging and rewarding. I would recommend this organization to others."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5
Work Setting 5 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Growth Opportunities 5 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5
Posted 4 months ago in New York City, NY

"I've worked for AIG since 2011. It's a great place to learn about the business and contribute my own ideas. AIG is great because I wanted a new career with global opportunities, and I wanted to make a difference to an organization and the community."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5
Growth Opportunities 5 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5
People You Work With 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
Posted 5 months ago in Berkeley Heights, NJ

"I've been here for over 20 years. No salary increase in 5 years and a forced ranking system for evaluating performance is grossly flawed. I've participated in many performance round tables and know rankings are subjective and based very little on performance but instead are based on the likability of workers. Grading is determined by a distribution bell curve. 20% of employees must be rated a 4 (under performer). If there are no under performers they still have to force 20% to be 4's."

Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
People You Work With 4 / 5 Person You Work For 3 / 5 Company Culture 1 / 5
Way You Work 2 / 5 Support You Get 2 / 5
Posted 5 months ago in Berkeley Heights, NJ
Person You Work For 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5
Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
People You Work With 4 / 5 Support You Get 2 / 5
Posted 5 months ago in Philadelphia, PA

"I have been with AIG for almost 24 years. When I first started here in 1990 it was a great company to work for. I loved coming to work. Back in 2008 when the company almost went under that is when the company started going downhill. There is no communication at all, no raises in 5 years, the higher-ups get $1m dollar bonuses and the employees below them get squat. All the work that the UT/UA's do is being sent overseas because it is cheaper and they think the quality of work will be better, the morale at AIG is very bad, I would not work here again."

Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5 Company Culture 2 / 5
People You Work With 3 / 5 Person You Work For 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Way You Work 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Posted 6 months ago in Berkeley Heights, NJ

"AIG has a lot of focus on Type A personalities. This means good communication skills would take you places even if you don't get the job done - management does not have a good handle on how to measure performance. Lots of mediocre people in senior roles who have good communication shills but don't really perform well in their role. Culture is very entrepreneurial. Matrix Organization."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5
Senior Systems Administrator
Posted 6 months ago in Fort Worth, TX

"I have worked with AIG for almost 4 months plus and it was a great experience. They asked me to work on a tool which I have never worked on before, which was a challenging thing for me. They knew that I did not have experience and I could catch up within a week and performed well and am now very much confident in that area. I enjoy putting my efforts into to learning new things and catching up with the environment."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5
Way You Work 5 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5
Posted 7 months ago in Houston, TX

"I've worked for AIG since 2011. My experience with them has taught me much about what I value in employment. For example, I found that I do not want to be in an environment where corporate policies and goals drive unrelated departments into the ground. I am also not fond of the slow adoption of technology especially in the information era. Although the working environment is very relaxed and the people there are great, my career prospects took a priority."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Company Culture 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5
Work Setting 4 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5
Technical Lead
Posted 7 months ago in New York City, NY

"I have been working with AIG for 6 years."

Work Setting 4 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5