Aegis Therapies Reviews

(based on 3 Aegis Therapies Review Ratings)
Company Culture 1.9

Occupational Therapist
Posted 2 years ago

"Highly fraudulent company!"

What do you like about working at Aegis Therapies?

"Lots of free CEU opportunities. Reimbursment for licensure and professional memberships."

"Need to have a lot of confidence in your skills and ability to stand up for self and what you feel is right."

What don't you like about working at Aegis Therapies?

"Lots of medicare fraud going on. Every single patient is an ultra high RUG level. They achieve these high minutes by using modalities on everyone, appropriate or not. Create core programs i.e. dementia, UI, w/c positioning and make you keep a certain quota of part B patients on caseload for each program at all times. If you argue a patient is not appropriate, they get a documentation expert to assist you in making up bs goals. High productivity standards. If you can't make the productivity due to low caseload you are sent home."

"Stop viewing patients as piles of money. Respect your therapists professional opinion and don't bully them into picking up patients that aren't appropriate and keeping on caseload longer than necessary . Need an adequate amount of computers in order to maintain productivity and be able to get paperwork done."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Company Culture 1 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Way You Work 3 / 5 Person You Work For 3 / 5
Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Occupational Therapist
Posted 2 years ago in Santa Rosa, CA

"Rode hard and put away wet everyday"

What do you like about working at Aegis Therapies?

"The opportunity to make a difference in my patient's lives is a joy and a privilege. I work with some very good therapists who provide a great rehab team."

"DON'T do it. This company is being investigated by the federal government for Medicare fraud. What does that tell you"

What don't you like about working at Aegis Therapies?

"The constant pressure to keep patients on therapy who are clearly not deriving any benefit from it just to make money for the company. My supervisor keeps every single patient at an ultra high RUG level regardless of what the therapists say. This is called Medicare fraud. My boss pressures me to come in to work even when sick. If I take a sick day, he demands a doctor's note for even one day absence. If I take a sick day, he wants me to make it up on the weekend. The district manager asks us for the impossible while doing NO patient treatments himself."

"Treat your employees right. Be reasonable with your expectations of daily workload. Provide necessary computers and other equpment. Do not expect employees to risk their professional licenses helping you commit Medicare fraud. Stop pressuring employees who are sick to come to work instead of using sick days."

Way You Work 3 / 5 Company Culture 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5
Person You Work For 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 Support You Get 1 / 5
Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5

Aegis Therapies (5)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is AmeriCorps (31)
3.1 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Executive Health Resources (9)
Physical Therapist Assistant
Posted 2 years ago
Work Setting 4 / 5 Way You Work 3.7 / 5 Support You Get 4.1 / 5
Growth Opportunities 3.5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.8 / 5 Person You Work For 3.7 / 5
People You Work With 3.8 / 5 Company Culture 3.8 / 5
Rehab Aide
Posted 4 years ago in Philadelphia, PA

"The position I held did not come with advancement."

What do you like about working at Aegis Therapies?

"It was exciting working with physical therapists."

What don't you like about working at Aegis Therapies?

"There were not enough hours available."

Anonymous Employee
Posted 4 years ago in Dunmore, PA

"Aegis-The Most Frugal Company on Earth which is only surpassed by its inept regional rehab director"

What do you like about working at Aegis Therapies?

"I enjoyed the wonderful candy canes (a dollar store package of 6) & Swiss Miss (1 box of 6 packets) that the regional rehab director actually gave us (a department of 5 people) for Christmas. I also enjoyed doing her job for her since she spent more time on her horse farm than she actually did in terms of meeting staffing needs or complying with medicare guidelines."

"You should know going in that this company is purely greed driven, & cares not a bit about the actual therapist who produces the revenue. It was the absolute most horrific company I have ever seen."

What don't you like about working at Aegis Therapies?

"Hmmm....well for one thing....no sick time, no HOLIDAYS at all, one year we got NO raise, just little things like that. Oh yes, & the absolute laziest regional rehab director I have ever met, along with a clinical specialist who failed to discern the truth when it came to actually complying with medicare guidelines."

"how about annual raises, the implementation of holidays, vacations, and sick time all broken down individually, how about legitimate medical coverage for families, and better compensation for those of us who also had to cover other facilities. Also, perhaps less favoritism for one facility over another, & perhaps actual exit interviews for all staff."