(based on 30 The Active Network Review Ratings)
Company Culture 3.7
Way You Work 3.4
Work Setting 2.9

32 The Active Network Company Reviews and Ratings

Posted 3 months ago in Seattle, WA

"I've worked for ACTIVE for 5 years. This company has been through a lot of changes, good and bad. The corporate headquarters environment is dysfunctional at best. Some of the directives are not based on the facts or even opinions of smart technical people who are required to support the directives after they have been implemented. This appears to me to be a recipe for failure and instead of setting up employees to succeed."

Company Culture 4 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5 Way You Work 1 / 5
Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Senior Software Engineer
Posted 3 months ago in San Diego, CA

"The Active Network is a great company but in transition. I've been fortunate to be empowered to do my job, love the environment, and work role. However, as the position is moving to Texas. Currently, the San Diego office is in transition with many of the employees leaving for other opportunities. This makes the work environment very difficult as many functional areas are under staffed and are hampered at their ability to execute."

Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Company Culture 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5
Person You Work For 5 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5

The Active Network (32)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Miles Technologies (18)
2.4 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Retalix Ltd. (11)
Posted 3 months ago in San Diego, CA

"Great company until it got bought by Vista Equity Partners. Now they are moving to Dallas, Texas. Tons of folks have quit or are losing their jobs."

Work Setting 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5
Person You Work For 4 / 5 Way You Work 3 / 5
Senior Operations Engineer
Posted 4 months ago

"I have worked for Active.com for close to 8 years. The company has drastically changed in the last several years from startup to being a public company and now has been bought by an equity company and turned back into a private company. This change, the number of acquisitions, the number of products, the cost to the business to run and support the products has its stresses on the bottom line. A strong plan of how to move forward is possible and Active.com has many great potentials, but ..."

Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5
Way You Work 4 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Person You Work For 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5

Average The Active Network Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Posted 4 months ago in Bothell, WA

"Underpaid but a great place to work. They tried to make too many chances which I believe took them away from their roots. They have since then made even more changes that resolved in out sourcing to other countries. For me it just came down to an extremely heavy workload for way too little reward. This was also just my teams which have now also been outsourced. Other teams and offices in California seemed to be much better compensated."

People You Work With 5 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Person You Work For 4 / 5 Support You Get 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Way You Work 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5
Posted 4 months ago in Brentwood, TN

"I'm currently working for Active Network in a position being deprecated. My exact scenario is not indicative of the company."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Growth Opportunities 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5
Posted 5 months ago in Mount Juliet, TN

"Big corporation that does not treat employees with respect. Recently bought out and laying off as many employees as possible, that is if they have not quit already."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
People You Work With 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Support You Get 2 / 5
Way You Work 2 / 5 Company Culture 2 / 5
Posted 7 months ago in San Diego, CA

"Poorly managed company. Not much chance for growth and unable to express ideas. I would not recommend this company to others as the salary is low and development pace is also not as fast as other companies. The positive is the culture promotes a healthy lifestyle, but there are lots of better places to work in my opinion. Too many products without good direction from the top level unfortunately."

Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5
Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 Way You Work 3 / 5
Posted 8 months ago in Hermitage, TN

"Casual work atmosphere. Good team of co-workers. No on-boarding process for new employees, no training or mentoring programs for new employees."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Growth Opportunities 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Way You Work 3 / 5 Support You Get 2 / 5
Posted 8 months ago in San Diego, CA

"I've worked for ActiveNetwork for two years, not the a long amount but in that time I've had the chance to meet some great people. The environment was good at one point but the company has recently gone through a transformations thanks in great part to a private purchase of the company. Sadly the company is looking to be broken up and moved overseas and the remainders to Texas (leaving its original startup location of California). In summary, the company was awesome but it's future is uncertain."

Work Setting 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5
Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5
Posted 9 months ago in Cordova, TN

"Active Network has the potential to become a great company, but a flawed budget process and lackluster investment into employees holds it back."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5
Company Culture 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
People You Work With 3 / 5 Way You Work 3 / 5
Senior Director of Development
Posted 9 months ago in San Diego, CA

"I've worked for Active for several years. The company used to be great, but unfortunately the new CEO and SVP's are in way over their heads. They make poor decisions and are driving the company out of business. Morale is at an all time low and several people are resigning each day."

Way You Work 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Support You Get 1 / 5
People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Person You Work For 1 / 5 Company Culture 1 / 5
Posted 11 months ago in San Diego, CA

"Active is a great place to work, however, the recent transitions in leadership have left a bad taste for current employees."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5
Company Culture 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Way You Work 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5
Posted this month in San Diego, CA

"The ACTIVE Network was a very interesting place to work. There was a lot of talented workers, but the company lacks vision and direction. There are some great leaders within the company."

People You Work With 2.7 / 5 Support You Get 2.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2.7 / 5
Person You Work For 2.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2.7 / 5 Way You Work 2.7 / 5
Company Culture 2.7 / 5 Work Setting 2.7 / 5
Product Manager
Posted this month in San Diego, CA

What do you like about working at The Active Network?

"I like the causal atmosphere and that everyone works together to get a job done."

"Be flexible and always ready for change. If you are looking for a stable environment do not work here. If you enjoy wearing many hats interview here!"

What don't you like about working at The Active Network?

"I don't like that management has to get involved and does not trust the people they have hired to work it out."

"I would allow for more creativity and innovation. Sometimes the atmosphere is a tad intense and doesn't allow for mistakes."

Company Culture 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5