What do you like about working at Accenture?
Solving client problems is fun and I enjoy the project-based nature of consulting.
What don't you like about working at Accenture?
The people. 80% of them are self-important and incompetent. The other 20% keep their heads low and bring home a paycheck. Accenture does not hire people for intellectual curiosity and problem solving - they hire drones who will drink Kool-Aid and work until they burn themselves out.
What suggestions do you have for management?
The focus needs to be on delivering value to the client - not standing at their side as they languish through problems they are paying us to resolve. Rarely will Accenture actually do what they are paid to do. Bring value to the client at all levels and not just by paying lip service to the client C-levels. A more serious problem, though, would be hiring practices for the firm. Hire one good person instead of two or three poorly-equipped people. Paying better and showing more respect for a smaller number of employees will keep morale up, turnover low, and improve the overall quality of the business.
Do you have any tips for others interviewing with this company?
Either aim higher and look at Bain, BCG or McKinsey or go to industry. In industry the pay will be about the same, the hours will be much more forgiving and (hopefully) you will be surrounded by people you might trust to one day not stab you in the back while getting coffee.