3M Reviews

On average, employees at 3M give their company a 3.8 rating out of 5.0 - which is equal to the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest 3M employees are Contractors submitting an average rating of 4.1 and Consultants with a rating of 4.0. Browse 3M Reviews by Job Title →

(based on 97 3M Review Ratings)
Company Culture 3.7
Support You Get 3.8
Way You Work 3.9
Work Setting 3.7
Posted 9 months ago in Cottage Grove, MN

"Currently working for 3M since 2000. I find the Cottage Grove site to be a pleasant place to work and over all rewarding work environment. The company has a great reputation in the world market and is a fortune 500 company. They compensate the employees well and offer great benefits."

144 3M Company Reviews and Ratings

Technical Aide
Posted this month in Saint Paul, MN

"I've worked for 3M for 2 years and have found it to be a strong company, with good benefits and security. It is a very large company with the ability to provide support to projects, but ideas or projects that are of limited scope may get brushed aside."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Business Development Manager
Posted 2 months ago in Saint Paul, MN

"3M is a very large, good quality manufacturer of many usable products around the home and industry.They are always looking for intelligent young degreed professionals in science, engineering, management, sales."

3M (144)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Intersil (8)
2.5 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Methode Electronics (8)
Posted 4 months ago

"Maybe its the division I am in, But this company is full of corrupt / incompetent managers/supervisors. Its basically the blind leading the blind. The managers are all buddies who have been hanging out for the past 15-20 years and are all on a nick name basis, there is NO balance of work/family life! Managers who are salaried think nothing of putting in less than 6 hour days and THEY get plenty of family time while the little people "hourly employees" are held to rigid attendance policies."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Team Leader
Posted 4 months ago in Austin, TX

Average 3M Ratings in the Past 3 Years

2013 $2
Posted 6 months ago in Saint Paul, MN

"Been working here for a year and a half, and I'm liking it."

QA Tester
Posted 7 months ago in Austin, TX

"I worked here for 1.7 years and found it to be enjoyable. However, it was difficult to get requirements and help to do the job successfully. And it was clear in the beginning that they are slow to hire on contracts. However, the pay was wonderful, and I learned some new skills along the way."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Posted 7 months ago in Saint Paul, MN

"I worked for 3M for 2 1/2 years and it was a great company to work for. All of my co-workers had open communication lines and I really enjoyed the team atmosphere."

Technical Aide
Posted 8 months ago in Saint Paul, MN

"I have worked as a Technical Aide at 3M for almost 2 years while simultaneously studying Mechanical engineering at the University of St. Thomas. While working, I have been given the tools I need to succeed. I have been fortunate enough to have people who are willing to instruct me and give me the freedom to take on projects of my own. Overall, I have had a positive experience at 3M."

Posted 9 months ago in Minneapolis, MN

"3M is one of the worst companies I've witnessed in my 25 year career. They have no business pretending to be innovators and in most of the spaces that they are in, especially in healthcare. Sr Management is clueless and care more about job hopping and waiting to get their fat pensions & stock prices up. Employees are lethargic and there is no core mission or direction, truly a rudderless ship. Sr Mgmt is incompetent, disorganized and only care about the 3m processes."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Posted 9 months ago in Cottage Grove, MN

Posted 10 months ago in Angleton, TX

"I've been with 3M for 3 years, great company to work for. Good benefits and lots of opportunities for development. Global presence and a myriad of products. There is a big variety of process and technologies to choose from, opportunities for every engineering discipline, whether is electrical, mechanical, chemical, systems, information technology and all other disciplines imaginable."

Development Lead
Posted 11 months ago in Austin, TX

"Very fast paced and aggressive project deadlines. Not a good place if you are looking for a good life work balance."

Posted last year in Bainbridge Island, WA

"I enjoy working for 3M Digital Signage and would recommend them highly."

Posted last year in Atlanta, GA

"Reasonably good place to work, but various departments seem to work disconnected from each other"

Person You Work For 3.7 / 5 People You Work With 3.7 / 5 Work Setting 3.7 / 5
Support You Get 3.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.7 / 5
Engineer
Posted last year in Brockville, ON

"First 10 years excellent, last 10 disappointing."

What do you like about working at 3M?

"Stable. Decent benefits and salary. Good coworkers. Deep pockets to servive hard economic times."

What don't you like about working at 3M?

"Dishonesty, lack of integrity. Nepotism rampant. Back-biting. Lack of professionalism with some managers."

"Make decisions based on the good of the company. Remember why you are there."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5